Adobe Premiere Pro and Photshop freeze during normal operation

This is a pretty basic PC with a GT 1030 GPU

Its has been running fine for years. Now all of a sudden it freezes these two programs, only the programs mentioned, not windows or any other program open. 
While monitoring resources, nothing is over loaded, RAM at 20-30$, GPU 10%, CPU 30%

When it freezes GPU goes to 0%

Programs were re-installed, temp files deleted, everything updated. Problem continues.

Where to start trouble shooting this? My first thought was the GPU is struggling. I will swap it out with a 2070 Super to see is the problem remains. But could this also be CPU, Driver or software problem. 

Sounds like a pretty classic Adobe product. Since youve reinstalled it and such, it sounds like there really isnt much you can do. You can try driver updates but i doubt that will fix it

There pretty much isnt much you can do. Adobe itself is a shitshow of a product, anyone that has spent any amount of editing with it can tell you that. It will freeze, it will crash, you will lose an hour+ of progress if you dont save often, you will have to restart entire projects because the file got corrupted.

Two things. First, try with older GPU drivers. As it seems GPU utilisation is connected with crashes, GPU drivers receiving and updating automatically could have caused this.

Second thing, just to make sure. You haven't changed any settings in Windows before this started to happen? Mainly talking about pagefile settings as those are known to cause issues with Adobe products.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv