Is it worth it?

Budget (including currency): $2000-$2300

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Elden Things, Blood Hunt, Far Cry, Super basic audio editing...like SUPER basic for RP audio tracks, Streaming for VTT RPG games, Possibly Triple A action/action RPG games when they are launched.

Hello!

I am looking to upgrade my current system. I will be carrying over the following from my current setup:

Monitor#1: GIGABYTE G34WQC A-SA 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display, 1ms (MPRT), 90% DCI-P3, VESA Display HDR400, FreeSync Premium, 2x DisplayPort 1.4, 2x HDMI 2.0

Monitor #2: GIGABYTE M27F 27" Full HD 1920 x 1080 144 Hz 2 x HDMI, DisplayPort, USB, Earphone Jack FreeSync Premium Pro & NVIDIA G-Sync Compatible IPS Gaming Monitor

SSD: SAMSUNG 980 M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.4 V-NAND MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V8V1T0B/AM

I am just not convinced that this is enough of an appreciable upgrade to make the extra expense worth it.

Thoughts?

Other details:

Current System:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400F CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable) - Running at: 2666MHz
System type : 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor (Win 10 Pro)
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3060

MOBO: B560 DS3H AC-Y1

Case: DEEPCOOL MATREXX 50 ADD-RGB 4F Mid-Tower Case

WiFi: Yes

Bluetooth: Yes

Proposed System:

Processor: 

Intel Core i7-11700KF 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: 

be quiet! Pure Loop 360 Liquid CPU Cooler

RAM:

G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-4000 CL18 Memory

GPU: 

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 LHR 8 GB VISION OC Rev 2.0 Video Card

MOBO:  

Asus PRIME Z590-P ATX LGA1200 Motherboard

Case: 

Deepcool Gamer Storm MACUBE 310 ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: 

Corsair SF 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply

WiFi: No

Bluetooth: Yes

20220407_171617.jpg

20220415_212702.jpg

You can do better.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700F 2.1 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($302.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black 82.51 CFM CPU Cooler  ($99.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B660-A GAMING WIFI D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($229.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($154.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 980 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 10GB LHR 10 GB GAMING Z TRIO Video Card  ($899.99 @ GameStop) 
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($107.89 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($124.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1920.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-18 01:22 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

16 minutes ago, brob said:

Uhhhhh That is stupidly overpriced, not even sure if the low bin tridentz royals come with b die, even if they do its gonna be the trash b die you find on corsair rams or any low bin 3200 cl16/3600 cl18 ram

Also b660m aorus pro ax has similar i/o for less

But otherwise this is pretty much what i would have built except i would have shoved a 1000w psu cause futureproofing

¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

32 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Uhhhhh That is stupidly overpriced, not even sure if the low bin tridentz royals come with b die, even if they do its gonna be the trash b die you find on corsair rams or any low bin 3200 cl16/3600 cl18 ram

Also b660m aorus pro ax has similar i/o for less

But otherwise this is pretty much what i would have built except i would have shoved a 1000w psu cause futureproofing

¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

The memory and motherboard selections were made for aesthetic reasons, to retain the general look of the OP build.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

If you have a 3060 I wouldn't be chomping at the bit to upgrade based on what you play.  

Even if you a did, a 10400F is not that old and would go fine with a faster GPU.  No need to upgrade what's effectively one generation old CPU when RTX 3XXX series GPUs came out before Alder Lake.  And upgrading GPUs within a generation is crazy TBH.

You answered question at the end there.  It's not worth it at all.  Just enjoy your games and shit and don't worry about upgrading until it doesnt work.  

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

Have to agree with the others saying there's no need to upgrade, your hardware is still good. 

Wait until a few months after AMD releases the AM5 platform, to give early adopters time to beta test everything and have AMD release bios updates and get it stable and solid and then see how it compares against 12gen processors and by then hopefully DDR5 prices will also go down more so you'd be able to go with either Intel or AMD and with DDR5 and whatever else is available then.

20 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Have to agree with the others saying there's no need to upgrade, your hardware is still good. 

Wait until a few months after AMD releases the AM5 platform, to give early adopters time to beta test everything and have AMD release bios updates and get it stable and solid and then see how it compares against 12gen processors and by then hopefully DDR5 prices will also go down more so you'd be able to go with either Intel or AMD and with DDR5 and whatever else is available then.

I wouldn't even then.  This is a modern system that should work fine for a while.  You shouldn't upgrade because something new came out if everything you do with the computer is sufficient on what you have. 

I know millionaires that drive ten year old cars and use the same computer for 5+ years.  I know heavily indebted people with new cars that get a new GPU every year.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.