Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help selecting parts

Budget (including currency): 1500-2000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  mainly gaming (mostly play simulation games, like elite dangerous/star citizens and survival games) maybe some cnc/cad. Along with other daily driver stuff.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  so this would be the first pc ive ever built, since ive always had consoles and laptops. I know mostly what id like but i got gaps that i want help filling. As for budget it might sound wierd but i dont really care what the total is as much, more just that no single part is over 650ish since its really hard to fit anything over that in my  overall budget. Also Id perfer to to stick to intel/ nivida since i really know nothing at all about amd line up and what is better.

So im thinking of something along the lines of 

i7 12700kf

16gb of ddr4 3600 of some kind (does brand really matter here?)

A 3060 or 3060ti of some kind depending on what i can get reasonably. (Again does brand really matter arent all 3060s the same for the most part) 

1tb ssd

No idea about motherboard, motherboards are way beyond me

I havent really looked at cases, just want something that not really basic looking, and is noob friendly.

1 hour ago, Meta358 said:

Budget (including currency): 1500-2000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  mainly gaming (mostly play simulation games, like elite dangerous/star citizens and survival games) maybe some cnc/cad. Along with other daily driver stuff.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  so this would be the first pc ive ever built, since ive always had consoles and laptops. I know mostly what id like but i got gaps that i want help filling. As for budget it might sound wierd but i dont really care what the total is as much, more just that no single part is over 650ish since its really hard to fit anything over that in my  overall budget. Also Id perfer to to stick to intel/ nivida since i really know nothing at all about amd line up and what is better.

So im thinking of something along the lines of 

i7 12700kf

16gb of ddr4 3600 of some kind (does brand really matter here?)

A 3060 or 3060ti of some kind depending on what i can get reasonably. (Again does brand really matter arent all 3060s the same for the most part) 

1tb ssd

No idea about motherboard, motherboards are way beyond me

I havent really looked at cases, just want something that not really basic looking, and is noob friendly.

Do you have a gaming monitor yet?  You'll probably be more than able to step the CPU down to an i5 12400 and everything should work the same.  I'd also go with a 6700xt over a 3060ti unless you can find one for a really good price, as across the board it's ever so slightly faster but a lot cheaper.  The 3060 is slower than cheaper cards too, and it cost almost as much as the much faster 6700xt.  The 3070ti would be my top choice for a new gaming computer, but it will cost a little more. 

You could do all of this with a nice monitor for about $2000, $1450 without. 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($169.98 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Kingston KC2500 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($158.91 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card  ($699.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB320L ARGB MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA GQ 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ EVGA) 
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5 C34G55T 34.0" 3440x1440 165 Hz Monitor  ($526.05 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1974.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-17 22:29 EDT-0400

I put a 2TB SSD in there as it was a really good deal for that model but the 1TB version would cut about $70 off of the price.  I also included 32GB of RAM so you could see how that would look in a final budget, but again, 16GB could be substituted for $50 less.  That would bring your final price to about $1850 with the monitor, $1300 without it.

If you subbed a 6700xt for the 3070ti it would bring your final price down by about another $200, but I'll leave that up to you.  you can look at framerate data on youtube for the games you play to see if it's worth it.

The sign is a subtle joke. The shop is called "Sneed's Feed & Seed", where feed and seed both end in the sound "-eed", thus rhyming with the name of the owner, Sneed. The sign says that the shop was "Formerly Chuck's", implying that the two words beginning with "F" and "S" would have ended with "-uck", rhyming with "Chuck". So, when Chuck owned the shop, it would have been called "Chuck's Feeduck and Seeduck".

6 hours ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Do you have a gaming monitor yet?  You'll probably be more than able to step the CPU down to an i5 12400 and everything should work the same.  I'd also go with a 6700xt over a 3060ti unless you can find one for a really good price, as across the board it's ever so slightly faster but a lot cheaper.  The 3060 is slower than cheaper cards too, and it cost almost as much as the much faster 6700xt.  The 3070ti would be my top choice for a new gaming computer, but it will cost a little more. 

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: MSI MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Kingston KC2500 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($158.91 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card  ($699.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB320L ARGB MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA GQ 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ EVGA) 
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5 C34G55T 34.0" 3440x1440 165 Hz Monitor  ($526.05 @ Amazon) 

I put a 2TB SSD in there as it was a really good deal for that model but the 1TB version would cut about $70 off of the price.  I also included 32GB of RAM so you could see how that would look in a final budget, but again, 16GB could be substituted for $50 less.  That would bring your final price to about $1850 with the monitor, $1300 without it.

If you subbed a 6700xt for the 3070ti it would bring your final price down by about another $200, but I'll leave that up to you.  you can look at framerate data on youtube for the games you play to see if it's worth it.

This is good list, But I recommend against that power supply and case. For case, MB311L is airflow variant, MB320L is glass front variant and has bad airflow. Also, This is good case: Corsair 275R

For PSU, This is good: Phanteks AMP 750 W

Do you need detailed help choosing PC parts?

Contact me on Fiverr

Trying to get good feedback on my page, Any help would be apreciated

1 hour ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

This is good list, But I recommend against that power supply and case. For case, MB311L is airflow variant, MB320L is glass front variant and has bad airflow. Also, This is good case: Corsair 275R 

listen, I know that's the knee jerk canned statement to throw out there, but if you actually seee it the grills on the side are huge, like 2 inches wide and they run the whole height..  The glass does not inhibit airflow in any way.  For two 120mm fans that's more than enough grilling on the sides.

The sign is a subtle joke. The shop is called "Sneed's Feed & Seed", where feed and seed both end in the sound "-eed", thus rhyming with the name of the owner, Sneed. The sign says that the shop was "Formerly Chuck's", implying that the two words beginning with "F" and "S" would have ended with "-uck", rhyming with "Chuck". So, when Chuck owned the shop, it would have been called "Chuck's Feeduck and Seeduck".

3 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

The glass does not inhibit airflow in any way.

Directly to the front then yes it does inhibit airflow but itd be so little that it wouldnt even matter

1 hour ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

For PSU, This is good: Phanteks AMP 750 W

Theres evga 850w supernova ga and g1+ at the same price, but i have seen the 1000w amp going for ~128$ recently (idk if the orice has changed yet) but thats also a good deal if op wanna run this psu for the next 10 years+ and reuse for a couple builds

8 hours ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

Oh yes i do have a monitor ill be using my 48i  c1 oled at least for now and probaby get another in the future. Also if i was to go with the 6700xt would there be any benefit to also go with a amd cpu? Or does it really not matter

5 hours ago, Meta358 said:

Oh yes i do have a monitor ill be using my 48i  c1 oled at least for now and probaby get another in the future. Also if i was to go with the 6700xt would there be any benefit to also go with a amd cpu? Or does it really not matter

No benefit, just pick what you would otherwise.