the build from 2019, and now its 2022.

AMDmade

Budget (including currency): $2000-3000 CAN

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Whatever games i throw at it handling in 1080p.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

here is said list https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/VdfmC6

Keep in mind ive already got 99% of these items now and so im not looking for adjustments to my list, The only thing i havnt really bought yet was RAM, but according to AMDs website the ram im looking to buy is compatible and these are cheap enough sticks that i can get 2 packs, willing to have different suggestions on ram but for the most part ram is ram.

Here is why im posting today; I have 2 parts left i need to get as im getting near the end of the build. i do have this "extra" money im willing to put toward an AIO & give it that "mainstream look" everyone has these days, i was into the RGB and watercooling before it was mainstream and when cases were starting to get those cut outs in side panels to see inside the system.

i have about 150$ for a watercooler AIO, or some kind of tower.

my 4 picks were AIOS. Deepcool Castle 240EX, Corsair iCue H100i Elite Capellix, Cooler Master ML240 Illusion, or NZXT Kraken X53 240MM.

What would you recommend?

IF its not an AIO, what tower would you get, and why? (cant be just because its cheaper than an AIO)

id still like an AIO honestly

2nd part im looking for is a new monitor to enjoy the games on with the specs my system will provide.

i got about 400$ im willing to spend on a monitor.

id like 144+Mhz / fullHD or better / 23-25" monitor is good enough for me, if they are cheap enough which i can run 2 monitors of the same brand.

Those Samsung G5 monitors look nice and some of them are not available on amazon for example, or im having a hard time deciding between a few.

i got a 1070TI GPU.

24 minutes ago, altCTRL said:

i got you

wait one sec

here :https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/MD8b2m

im not looking for a different system, ive already got my parts on that list but the list isnt actually complete.

I like AMD so im sticking with their chips.

i just need 2 more things, 1. a cooler for the CPU and 2. i wanted a newer and better HD monitor
im just looking for a suggestion for an AIO of the 4 i picked between, or another (if recommended), or an Air cooler tower. (id like it to follow the theme i was kinda going for which was white RGB)

2nd im looking for a suggestion toward a monitor.

200$ on AIO 

400$ on monitor

Ram wise get whatever is the cheapest 3200 cl16/3600 cl18 rams that fit with your build if you prefer to run stock (use sort by lowest and filters), if you are interested in overclocking and/or want fast rams then i suggest getting some ballistix 3000/3200 rams as most are capable of 4000 cl16 ~1.5v though 4600+ cl18 ~1.6v is also attainable if you are fine with putting some effort into ram oc (buildzoid is a good source of info on rams but also look at non idiot overclocking guides like the one on github), any bin other than 3200 cl16/3600 cl18 is overpriced garbage overclocked ballistix will annihilate

Cooling wise liquid freezer ii 360 is best bang for buck but if its purely aesthetics you want just find the cheapest 240-360 aio that fits your build theme as they should still have adequate performance, tower coolers last forever and cannot break other than corrosion/blunt force, the fan may die after 10+ years but thats just a simple fan replacement, unlike aio where pumps die after ~5 years and you need to swap when pump dies

32 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ram wise get whatever is the cheapest 3200 cl16/3600 cl18 rams that fit with your build if you prefer to run stock (use sort by lowest and filters), if you are interested in overclocking and/or want fast rams then i suggest getting some ballistix 3000/3200 rams as most are capable of 4000 cl16 ~1.5v though 4600+ cl18 ~1.6v is also attainable if you are fine with putting some effort into ram oc (buildzoid is a good source of info on rams but also look at non idiot overclocking guides like the one on github), any bin other than 3200 cl16/3600 cl18 is overpriced garbage overclocked ballistix will annihilate

Cooling wise liquid freezer ii 360 is best bang for buck but if its purely aesthetics you want just find the cheapest 240-360 aio that fits your build theme as they should still have adequate performance, tower coolers last forever and cannot break other than corrosion/blunt force, the fan may die after 10+ years but thats just a simple fan replacement, unlike aio where pumps die after ~5 years and you need to swap when pump dies

this is already going to be a huge step up anyways from what im using today, didnt really want to overclock not sure how it all works 100% and i dont wanna spend alot of time trying to do overclocking and getting a stable system. 

trying to go with a good performance : look ratio, so with the list of the 4 aios i listed above which would be the better of the 4 as it follows the theme i got. 

the cooler i understand would likely fail and need to be changed again 4-5 years later, and hopefully not sooner.
theres just alot of tower coolers, then you could be dealing with more of ram clearances and im not a fan of those huge bulky things sticking right off the MB. 

If you want an AIO with bling you are pretty much restricted to Corsair so that the lighting can be sync'd with the case fans using iCUE.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

9 minutes ago, brob said:

If you want an AIO with bling you are pretty much restricted to Corsair so that the lighting can be sync'd with the case fans using iCUE.

i heard you can download icue and arua sync if needed to get it going together. however thats if i go with those other ones, i was thinking of getting the Corsair iCue H100i Elite Capellix but its 200$+ and the more expensive one that i picked, but is it worth that price or should i go with one thats 50$ cheaper and that its about the same performance.

i still need a monitor suggestion to go with as well. 

my current monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster SA550.

3 hours ago, AMDmade said:

i heard you can download icue and arua sync if needed to get it going together. however thats if i go with those other ones, i was thinking of getting the Corsair iCue H100i Elite Capellix but its 200$+ and the more expensive one that i picked, but is it worth that price or should i go with one thats 50$ cheaper and that its about the same performance.

i still need a monitor suggestion to go with as well. 

my current monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster SA550.

iCUE can sync aura sync motherboards but I don't believe it can handle other aura sync components. Instead of an AIO, you could go with an NH-D15S Chromax Black. Won't obscure the RGB memory and will do a very good job on a 5700X.

5 hours ago, AMDmade said:

Budget (including currency): $2000-3000 CAN

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Whatever games i throw at it handling in 1080p.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

here is said list https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/VdfmC6

Keep in mind ive already got 99% of these items now and so im not looking for adjustments to my list, The only thing i havnt really bought yet was RAM, but according to AMDs website the ram im looking to buy is compatible and these are cheap enough sticks that i can get 2 packs, willing to have different suggestions on ram but for the most part ram is ram.

Here is why im posting today; I have 2 parts left i need to get as im getting near the end of the build. i do have this "extra" money im willing to put toward an AIO & give it that "mainstream look" everyone has these days, i was into the RGB and watercooling before it was mainstream and when cases were starting to get those cut outs in side panels to see inside the system.

i have about 150$ for a watercooler AIO, or some kind of tower.

my 4 picks were AIOS. Deepcool Castle 240EX, Corsair iCue H100i Elite Capellix, Cooler Master ML240 Illusion, or NZXT Kraken X53 240MM.

What would you recommend?

IF its not an AIO, what tower would you get, and why? (cant be just because its cheaper than an AIO)

id still like an AIO honestly

2nd part im looking for is a new monitor to enjoy the games on with the specs my system will provide.

i got about 400$ im willing to spend on a monitor.

id like 144+Mhz / fullHD or better / 23-25" monitor is good enough for me, if they are cheap enough which i can run 2 monitors of the same brand.

Those Samsung G5 monitors look nice and some of them are not available on amazon for example, or im having a hard time deciding between a few.

i got a 1070TI GPU.

What was the computer you had from 2019?  Some of the stuff will probably still be usable.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

4 hours ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

What was the computer you had from 2019?  Some of the stuff will probably still be usable.

you misread that a bit, i started this build in 2019 when i bought my 1070TI also with intention of either upgrading my current systems CPU, Ram, graphics card, etc. so at the time i bought 1070ti, it was like 550$ on sale. i thought yea thats a good price, its an upgrade, its not a 3000 series card but it wasnt going to cost me 1000$+ either. considering at the time. OR other option, build something newer and the Ryzen 5 5000 series was looking very appealing to me as well with everyones system being able to handle loads more, faster response times on the pc and anytime im playing my online games, im finding that my computer is always the reason for lag within the games, i couldnt play on high settings or anything like that for these online games. 

my computer is old AF, i build this one well over 12 years ago...
-A Full Tower (but its old, outdated, could still work yea?....but its big, i want something different after over 12 years instead of just 1 color RBG) it allows a custom water loop to be build and go outside and back into the case. but im not sure of what mounting capability it has for AIOS, and it has a beast exhaust fan on the top thats 240mm big. big airflow case for Antec.

-The gigabyte FM1 Board, basically i got the B550 board now but the X570 board is the next up for example to this, tons of extra on the board.... thats what my gigabyte board was like, has tons of extra expansion slots and stuff i didnt really need.

-16GB DDR3 ram and i think its like 1333MHz.( and the MB could do OC up to 2400Mhz, not sure how the APU goes for OCing)

-A8 3800 CPU chip 2.7GHz. quad core

originally i had a 1GB gigabyte GPU.
-it came with a 650W PSU in the case.

i was trying to find DDR3 ram at the higher 1866Mhz which i think was the ones before "OC", but i couldnt find any! and if i did they were actually expensive for what they were that i was like ok so i can spend like 500$ upgrading parts + the GPU which would put me around 1200$ or i can basically spend just a bit more as ive already got to that midrage price build spending mark anyways and upgrade to newer CPU and then i found out the AM4 socket and i had to make a pick, upgrade fully to a new system or update the old, and i was going to upgrade back to the A8 chip to the best i could find for a good price or i was going to get an Athlon 2 chip which after these upgrades i should then not be dealing with computer lag within my games online as bad / getting to play on higher settings.

the problem with my PC today is that i cant even open iTunes & sync my phone, or listen to music because its like roulette after i fire up itunes, when will my PC crash and do blue screen.. i can load chrome with 30 tabs, watch youtube and play my game and not see a blue screen, or for weeks, maybe randomly here or there, or my system will lag so bad i cant do anything like its eating up all the CPU that my mouse will jump around on the screen and you cant be accurate with that as you have no idea where it will go to exactly. but once i fire up that itunes, its guaranteed to crash. im still using the windows 7 OS as well. i should have updated to the 10 when they offered it for free but i didnt want to..

so im thinking my computer problem lies within the OS being outdated, or the system has something going on within the MB Bios thats causing it to crash.

lol nyways, thanks for reading my story,

TLDR: 

Full tower with 620W PSU included in the case, A-8 3000 series downgraded to a A6 few years back processor broke, 16GB DDR3 RAM (1333MHZ), 1GB GPU.

And my computer does blue screen ALOT when using itunes or trying to sync my iphone.

8 hours ago, brob said:

iCUE can sync aura sync motherboards but I don't believe it can handle other aura sync components. Instead of an AIO, you could go with an NH-D15S Chromax Black. Won't obscure the RGB memory and will do a very good job on a 5700X.

i had come across info that id assume the Corsair iCue H100i Elite Capellix with this case its saying id need low profile ram, with the air cooler you suggested to have a ram clearance of 32MM which is saying ill need low profile rams for those as well. then given with the cost of it, i could shell out that extra 100$ or so and get AIO + RBG and its white. if im going with that case & have to get low profile ram.
im trying to look at alternitive cases but none of them are appealing, im not really wanting the USB3.1 cause the motherboard doesnt have a header for it, then if i can convert the current 3.0 header to the 3.1, i now need to get another header for the 3.0 usbs, so its telling me i need 2 converting things.

basically if you were to switch the cases to the corsair 4000D midrange case it would show 2 more compatibility issues which i just stated above with the 3.1 and 3.0 headers or lack of on the motherboard.

i saved these last 3 parts for last as its the hardest ones to match up without going to a full tower which could end up being slightly bigger than the one i currently have, so i was wanting to go with a smaller tower hopefully.

this case im currently picking people are saying its a very tight build. my GPU will just barely fit in there, the PSU will be a tight fight as well and could be a problem because its fully modular so plugging stuff into it will add extra depth.

the thing is though looking at these other AIOS id have to start comparing sizes, maybe the fans on the others arnt as thick, maybe the rad isnt as thick or whatever backing plates and mounting hardware that makes it rather thinner giving it that clearance i need to be more "plug and play"

The NH-D15S does not have the outer fan and therefore has no significant memory clearance issues. It should not be confused with the NH-D15 that does overhang the memory area and would not fit in the 220T. The NH-D15S will be tight in the case but meets specs, so it will fit.

Significantly more expensive, but the NH-U12A is a smaller tower cooler with no memory or case clearance issues.

The RM850X is 150mm long. The case accommodates PSU up to 180mm long. There is more than enough clearance for cables. If the drive cage is removed even more room is available.