I am baggin all you gurus out there validate this buid

Budget (including currency): 2800 euro

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: World of Warcraft (fit for new exp), Diablo 3, Diablo 4 (When out), Cyberpunk, New Call of Dutys, New Battlefields, Borderlands 3 etc

I found the flowing parts for my new build:

• CASE
    Fractal Design - Meshify 2
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 12x 3.7GHz, 64MB L3-Cache
  • MAINBOARD
    ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | AMD X570
  • GRAPHICS CARD
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB | Gigabyte Gaming OC LHR
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4-3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX | 4x 8GB
  • SSD (M.2 / PCIE)
    250GB Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 | up to 6.400 MB/s read
  • 2. SSD (M.2 / PCIE)
    1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus | up to 3.500 MB/s read
  • SSD (SATA)
    1TB Samsung 870 EVO | up to 560 MB/s read
  • PSU
    650W - be quiet! Straight Power 11 | full modular
  • CPU-COOLER
    be quiet! Pure Loop | 360mm
  • FANS
    4x 140mm Corsair ML140 PRO | Schwarz, PWM

Here some more details about my user behavers:
I want to use this machine for gaming and working/learning
My main games are listed above, i really want to play them in decent graphic settings with at least 60 FPS (i dont need more then 100).
I am using 3 Monitors, mainly for work reasons but i also use them when gaming for Discord, Netflix, guides etc.
My PC will be running 24/7, sometimes i hibernate it.
I will run Win 11 Pro with WSL2 and often a VBox.

Do you see any downsides to this HW configuration?
Is there something i should swap?
Is something in this config dragging down other components?

If you made it down here, ty for reading my question.
If you need further specifications or have other questions, pls ask.

TY 

For 3060ti and 5900X, I would personally recommend 750w over 650w if you are going to be throwing heavy loads at it, you can probably do 650w now, but any future upgrades and yours gonna probably need more power and the 650w is probably not gonna be enough.

15 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

For 3060ti and 5900X, I would personally recommend 750w over 650w if you are going to be throwing heavy loads at it, you can probably do 650w now, but any future upgrades and yours gonna probably need more power and the 650w is probably not gonna be enough.

I'd go down the same route as you, but take it a few steps further: just grab a 1000W unit and call it a day for the next 2-3 system upgrades.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

12 minutes ago, SKullYeR said:

There are a number of components that are a little too expensive for what they offer. The i7 12700F is just about as fast as the 5900X and faster in games while being ~$100 less. The motherboard is just way too pricy considering you're only running a 3060 Ti and not realistically using the extra features provided by X570 compared to B550 (can include rant if asked). The storage configuration as a whole just doesn't make sense for a multitude of reasons. Odds are you'd want a bigger PSU for this system. 

Plus, for $2800, you can do a lot better for this system while not sacrificing any performance. 

https://at.pcpartpicker.com/list/DwBh78

1. The 12700F is basically the same performance in almost everything you do. It can be a little worse for virtualization since there's the distinction between E cores and P cores, but if you're just doing WSL and a single VirtualBox, odds are it doesn't matter. 
  2. A more pedestrian cooler that should still be enough for that cool. 
  3. Cheaper board with similar features and support the 12700F.
  4. 2x16GB is a lot more compatible and allows for more upgradeability, plus it's cheaper.
  5. Time for the storage configuration. Just go for a 2TB NVMe drive, what you're currently trying to do makes absolutely no sense
    1. You can't tell the difference in performance between a good Gen 3 drive and a good Gen 4 drive for a boot drive. All workloads that benefit from gen 4 also benefit from more storage than 250GB, plus the lower the capacity, the worse the performance. Those drives make no sense period, do not buy them unless they're cheaper than a comparably sized Gen 3 drive for whatever reason. 
    2. Odds are it'll be cheaper to just get a 2TB NVMe drive than a 1TB NVMe and 1TB SATA drive, then you'll have faster storage all around and you won't have the distinction between the two different drives. 
  6. You can fit a 3080 Ti in this budget.
  7. The Torrent RGB comes with high quality RGB fans, no need to get the corsair ones. 
  8. good quality 850w PSU

Ty for your advice! I will do some research based on your suggestions and after that I will adapt my building plan. When I'm done with that, I will post it again for a final review. 

So, 850W should be enough, ty. 

I want my build as cool as I can get it but with dust filter. I want to use normal fans and aio cooling but no custom water cooler. Any suggestions on that? 

On 5/17/2022 at 6:07 PM, SKullYeR said:

The one thing I see wrong with this configuration is that you have a 12 core cpu with a lower end mid range GPU. The 3060ti is no slouch but unless you are doing extremely CPU bound tasks it just does not make sense to pair the 2 together. 

I recommend either switching to a 5700x3d or to a 3070ti. 

Other than that I do not see any prevalent issues with the build.

(you would also be better of with 2x16gb dimms instead of 4x8s)