Temperature issues on my gaming laptop

Okay so I have an ASUS G752VSK-GC310T which I'm more or less very happy with, however I'm getting a migraine with the temperatures regarding this thing. Lately when I play Halo Infinite, even with everything set to low the CPU temps refuse to go below 80, and the average temp is somewhere around 90C. This laptop's motherboard is pretty much new, so I know it's not the thermal paste doing a little bit of trolling. I also have a laptop stand with a built in fan feeding into it's underside.

It's being undervolted at -80.1mV (the lowest it can go without slowing down/becoming unstable). I just don't know what to do, even lingering in the main menu in risk of rain 2 with a call going on in the background will have that PROCHOT 95 on throttlestop glow red like a neon sign.

Also the CPU itself is an i7-7700HQ.

Was this always a problem or did it become one over time?  If it became one over time the SOP move is to open it and clean the fans and cooler.  Always a problem I got nothing though.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 hours ago, omeggga said:

low the CPU temps refuse to go below 80

Most settings do not help to lower the amount of work your CPU has to do. It is mostly GPU bound. You could try to set everything on ultra and you might see lower CPU temps. Because your GPU is the bottle neck. 

You also could try a frame limit to 60 FPS. 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.

1 hour ago, SamClan said:

Most settings do not help to lower the amount of work your CPU has to do. It is mostly GPU bound. You could try to set everything on ultra and you might see lower CPU temps. Because your GPU is the bottle neck. 

You also could try a frame limit to 60 FPS. 

It's framerate capped to 75 FPS

Get a laptop cooling station. 20-30 usd online for a good one. It will lower Temps in my testing.

19 minutes ago, spitfire2717 said:

Get a laptop cooling station. 20-30 usd online for a good one. It will lower Temps in my testing.

As I said in my post I have one, still I can't find one for a 17.3 inch laptop.

6 minutes ago, omeggga said:

As I said in my post I have one, still I can't find one for a 17.3 inch laptop.

It doesn't have to be the same size as the laptop. Just similar.