nvidia keeps locking my fps to 120

ineedhelp.2145

for a reason nvidia keeps locking  my fps to 120 is there anyway on unable this option it doenst let me whisper mode is locked!?

What is actually happening that you believe is being done by "Nvidia"?

Just now, GuiltySpark_ said:

What is actually happening that you believe is being done by "Nvidia"?

nvidia control panel doenst let me unlock my fps they keep getting stuck on 120 but i now i could get more fps!

Just now, ineedhelp.2145 said:

nvidia control panel doenst let me unlock my fps they keep getting stuck on 120 but i now i could get more fps!

You're going to have to give us more detail here. What in NVCP is actually locking your FPS? What screen are you on, what setting are you talking about? NCVP does give you the option to limit FPS globally or per game but by default that's off. Are you sure you're not talking about VSync? What display do you have?

image.png.af350e9a16a017deb2e9d9500fd6fd09.png

10 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

You're going to have to give us more detail here. What in NVCP is actually locking your FPS? What screen are you on, what setting are you talking about? NCVP does give you the option to limit FPS globally or per game but by default that's off. Are you sure you're not talking about VSync? What display do you have?

image.png.af350e9a16a017deb2e9d9500fd6fd09.png

i have that option off still doenst go up 120 fps

4 minutes ago, ineedhelp.2145 said:

Go up where? In game? At desktop? If you want help, clearly detail what is happening and where. We aren't mind readers. You need to give us the information.

5 minutes ago, ineedhelp.2145 said:

Assuming your display is a 120Hz display, have you also made sure that V-Sync is turned off in whatever game you're trying to get better FPS in?

Also, is this a laptop by chance? If so, this could be something that was done by the laptop vendor to limit power consumption. In that case, are there any proprietary programs, like Alienware or Omen Command Center that is also running on the computer?