Microsoft flight sim 2020 build

Rombo

Budget (including currency): 1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Microsoft flight simulator, xplane, AutoCAD

I am trying to build a computer that will work with Microsoft flight simulator and preferably run it on ultra around 40 fps I wont really fly in any densely populated areas the biggest airport I will likely fly to is Houston international. I currently have 1080p 75hrz monitor and am okay with it but may upgrade to 1440p later depending if I get the 3060. This is the best build I have so far https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CzyVFg. I was wondering if I should put a 3060 that costs $429 instead of the 1660 super and if it would be worth an extra 100 dollars for it, would any of my system bottle neck if I do that or will it be fine. Any changes or help to the build would be appreciated and I am open to similar priced gpus with better performance and any recommendations to what monitor would be best for Microsoft flight simulator.

A 1660 Super will not be sufficient for running MSFS at 1440p high settings.

That X570 board is worse than a number of cheaper B550 boards available and you don't seem to need any of the X570 chipset features.

A 550W PSU will be borderline for a 3060 but possibly insufficient if you upgrade beyond that.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

thanks is the the 3060 worth the extra hundred or should I stay with the gtx 1660

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TmdrMb

Had a pcpp laying around that fits this budget and usecase so here ya go

Theres ~900$ for the gpu so 3070ti or 3080(ti) which will obliterate the 1660 or 3060

If you would like faster rams then buy some ballistix 3000/3200 and lazy oc to 4000 cl16 ~1.5v or if you wanna put more effort in 4600+ cl18 ~1.6v though you prob wont see much gain anyways, its more for fun rather than performance (buildzoid is a good source for ram oc info), if you prefer to run stock then buy the cheapest 3200 cl16 or 3600 cl18 kit you can find, brand does not matter unless they are guaranteed with certain (good) ics like the aformentioned ballistix so dont waste money for nothing