Are GeiL Zenith SSDs any good?

So, I was looking for a sata ssd among other parts, and on the site I'm doing all the shopping the only affordable option with dram cache is the GeiL Zenith Z3, but I couldn't easily find reviews about it. It's not listed in the ssd tier list on this forum (which I was using as my main guide so far) and I have no way to validate that it actually has a dram cache. The best I could dig up after a few minutes of searching was a couple reviews of the GeiL Zenith S3 ssd from 2014 saying that it was bad but that's a different product from 8 years ago so maybe they're better now? The manufacturer's page refuses to load too, so I can't check there. The price is good tho, is listed a bit cheaper than a WD Green without cache, but it looks kinda sketchy overall so I wanted to know if anyone has tried it before.

There is a Brasilian review from The Overclock Page: https://theoverclockingpage.com/2021/10/17/review-geil-zenith-z3-sata-256-gb-testes-e-resultados/amp/. It uses a SMI SM2259XT (single-core, four-channel, 32 CE) as controller coupled with Micron N28A (QLC 96L). It seems a 1TB+ BX500. Post-SLC it does 25 MB/s, which is very bad, but it’s fine if you will use it as gaming/secondary drive.

11 minutes ago, Wooden Law - Black said:

There is a Brasilian review from The Overclock Page: https://theoverclockingpage.com/2021/10/17/review-geil-zenith-z3-sata-256-gb-testes-e-resultados/amp/. It uses a SMI SM2259XT (single-core, four-channel, 32 CE) as controller coupled with Micron N28A (QLC 96L). It seems a 1TB+ BX500. Post-SLC it does 25 MB/s, which is very bad, but it’s fine if you will use it as gaming/secondary drive.

So, from what little I can understand from that review, it is as bad as it looks, I was planning to use it to upgrade an old 2015 laptop with an hdd that I use for college stuff, but I think I'm better off with something else. Thanks for finding that review

I don't recommend it. I would prefer WD Blue, Sandisk Ultra 3D, Barracuda 120, 860 EVO and 870 EVO. These all models have DRAM caches.