What's the difference between the LG GP850 and the LG GP850-B monitors?

kistomi01

In reviews like 

notice there is no -B at the end. But when I input this to Google to buy one, all I get are the -B versions. 

Is there a difference? Or are these the exact same monitor? 

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

I've alawys assumed it was optional marking for "black".

It usually is.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

It doesn't stand for black. The letter at the end of LG's monitor names typically ways what VRR tech is used. -B is for FreeSync (and most of the time G-Sync compatibility) and -G is when it includes a native G-Sync module.

The only reason the -B is missing in the video above is because the reviewer forgot it. Or Tim didn't put it there because most people will not use the -B when mentioning the monitor. On LG's official site it is called 27GP850-B.

image.png.000b35576907076c550733593b6185d1.png

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

It doesn't stand for black. The letter at the end of LG's monitor names typically ways what VRR tech is used. -B is for FreeSync (and most of the time G-Sync compatibility) and -G is when it includes a native G-Sync module.

The only reason the -B is missing in the video above is because the reviewer forgot it. Or Tim didn't put it there because most people will not use the -B when mentioning the monitor. On LG's official site it is called 27GP850-B.

image.png.000b35576907076c550733593b6185d1.png

If that's true then it's a departure from their traditional system. The -B has always been an optional part of the name, used as a color code for black as far as I'm aware, and LG sometimes includes it and sometimes not.

4BW4shA.png

3 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

If that's true then it's a departure from their traditional system. The -B has always been an optional part of the name, used as a color code for black as far as I'm aware, and LG sometimes includes it and sometimes not.

4BW4shA.png

Strange indeed. But at least as far as i can remember the "-G" was always reserved for their top-end G-Sync monitors (which use the same design and materials as the -B models in the same model year)

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

6 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Strange indeed. But at least as far as i can remember the "-G" was always reserved for their top-end G-Sync monitors (which use the same design and materials as the -B models in the same model year)

Pretty sure the G was just the last letter in the model name (separate from the -B that could also be added on), such as the 38GL950G(-B).

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-38GL950G-B-gaming-monitor

2 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Pretty sure the G was just the last letter in the model name (separate from the -B that could also be added on), such as the 38GL950G(-B).

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-38GL950G-B-gaming-monitor

Okay i just remembered that wrong. Thanks for setting me straight.