Gigabyte FO48U or LG C1 48 inch

Mario1
Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,
11 hours ago, Mario1 said:

Do you think since both use the same OLED panel that would make the FO48 as suceptible to burn in as the C1?

They do use the same panel so expect the same risk of burn-in. Still, the LG offers better picture quality and more features overall.

Hey Everyone,

I've watched both videos fron LTT. Basically right now both are $999, I just can't decide which one would be the best option for a monitor. I'm a bit concerned with the burn in Wendell and Linus experienced. Any thoughts.

The LG C1 is better in most ways and also includes the smart interface. That's not only useful as a TV but it also allows for much greater control over the color management. That basically means the LG has significantly more options for calibration.

The ONLY thing the FO48U has going for it is the DisplayPort connector, which you don't need if your GPU supports HDMI 2.1.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Do you think since both use the same OLED panel that would make the FO48 as suceptible to burn in as the C1?

11 hours ago, Mario1 said:

They do use the same panel so expect the same risk of burn-in. Still, the LG offers better picture quality and more features overall.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 5/17/2022 at 8:58 PM, Mario1 said:

Hey Everyone,

I've watched both videos fron LTT. Basically right now both are $999, I just can't decide which one would be the best option for a monitor. I'm a bit concerned with the burn in Wendell and Linus experienced. Any thoughts.

Same here - I saw LTT and bought the FO48U mainly coz I have a 2080ti with DP 1.4 (yet to upgrade - waiting for a capable RTX4xxx series)

I'm not really bothered by the burn in as that's a given thing with  pretty much most of these panels.

So far so good except trying to iron out same game stuttering (COD MW , BF etc.)

FO48U FTW !!! 🙂  Thanks Linus LTT

41 minutes ago, saifbukhari said:

Same here - I saw LTT and bought the FO48U mainly coz I have a 2080ti with DP 1.4 (yet to upgrade - waiting for a capable RTX4xxx series)

I'm not really bothered by the burn in as that's a given thing with  pretty much most of these panels.

So far so good except trying to iron out same game stuttering (COD MW , BF etc.)

FO48U FTW !!! 🙂  Thanks Linus LTT

So I was leaning more towards the FO48u the display port, kvm switch.

I know that the C1 HDMI 2.1 ports run at 48 Gigabits per second which is double of what the aourus hdmi ports run at.

I just imagined that maybe the FO48U had more burn in portections but it seems the C1 has more.

The C1 has its full smart tv software which I didn't really care much for, if need be I could just add a roku to one of the FO48U hdmi ports to make it function as a tv.

In the end I just wanted to figure out what got me more bang for my buck and the C1 seems to be the better option.

4 hours ago, Mario1 said:

So I was leaning more towards the FO48u the display port, kvm switch.

I know that the C1 HDMI 2.1 ports run at 48 Gigabits per second which is double of what the aourus hdmi ports run at.

I just imagined that maybe the FO48U had more burn in portections but it seems the C1 has more.

The C1 has its full smart tv software which I didn't really care much for, if need be I could just add a roku to one of the FO48U hdmi ports to make it function as a tv.

In the end I just wanted to figure out what got me more bang for my buck and the C1 seems to be the better option.

For my own purpose the display port on my ageing 2080ti 1.4 handles 120hz just fine albeit not at 48gbps

Coming from 43" Samsung M7 smart monitor which did provided tv like features too - I took my shot at FO48U instead as productivity cum entertainment solution.

Good luck though 🙂