Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gigabyte FO48U or LG C1 48 inch

Mario1
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,
11 hours ago, Mario1 said:

Do you think since both use the same OLED panel that would make the FO48 as suceptible to burn in as the C1?

They do use the same panel so expect the same risk of burn-in. Still, the LG offers better picture quality and more features overall.

Hey Everyone,

 

I've watched both videos fron LTT. Basically right now both are $999, I just can't decide which one would be the best option for a monitor. I'm a bit concerned with the burn in Wendell and Linus experienced. Any thoughts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

The LG C1 is better in most ways and also includes the smart interface. That's not only useful as a TV but it also allows for much greater control over the color management. That basically means the LG has significantly more options for calibration.

 

The ONLY thing the FO48U has going for it is the DisplayPort connector, which you don't need if your GPU supports HDMI 2.1.

About monitor marketing BS

 

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X - RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 - PSU: Corsair RMx (2018) 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (Boot) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK, HW Labs & Alphacool custom loop - Case: Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic - Fans: 6x Noctua NF-A12x25 chromax - AMP/DAC: FiiO K5 Pro - OS: Windows 11 preview - Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ - Mouse: Logitech G Pro + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL - Headphones: Beyerdynamic Amiron Home - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

 

Temperatures @steady state: Furmark + CinebenchR23 running for 1 hour. Fans @850RPM. Pump @1600RPM.

Water: 37°C

CPU: 73°C

GPU: 54°C

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think since both use the same OLED panel that would make the FO48 as suceptible to burn in as the C1?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Mario1 said:

Do you think since both use the same OLED panel that would make the FO48 as suceptible to burn in as the C1?

They do use the same panel so expect the same risk of burn-in. Still, the LG offers better picture quality and more features overall.

About monitor marketing BS

 

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X - RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 - PSU: Corsair RMx (2018) 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (Boot) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK, HW Labs & Alphacool custom loop - Case: Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic - Fans: 6x Noctua NF-A12x25 chromax - AMP/DAC: FiiO K5 Pro - OS: Windows 11 preview - Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ - Mouse: Logitech G Pro + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL - Headphones: Beyerdynamic Amiron Home - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

 

Temperatures @steady state: Furmark + CinebenchR23 running for 1 hour. Fans @850RPM. Pump @1600RPM.

Water: 37°C

CPU: 73°C

GPU: 54°C

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2022 at 8:58 PM, Mario1 said:

Hey Everyone,

 

I've watched both videos fron LTT. Basically right now both are $999, I just can't decide which one would be the best option for a monitor. I'm a bit concerned with the burn in Wendell and Linus experienced. Any thoughts.

Same here - I saw LTT and bought the FO48U mainly coz I have a 2080ti with DP 1.4 (yet to upgrade - waiting for a capable RTX4xxx series)

 

I'm not really bothered by the burn in as that's a given thing with  pretty much most of these panels.

 

So far so good except trying to iron out same game stuttering (COD MW , BF etc.)

 

FO48U FTW !!! 🙂  Thanks Linus LTT

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, saifbukhari said:

Same here - I saw LTT and bought the FO48U mainly coz I have a 2080ti with DP 1.4 (yet to upgrade - waiting for a capable RTX4xxx series)

 

I'm not really bothered by the burn in as that's a given thing with  pretty much most of these panels.

 

So far so good except trying to iron out same game stuttering (COD MW , BF etc.)

 

FO48U FTW !!! 🙂  Thanks Linus LTT

So I was leaning more towards the FO48u the display port, kvm switch.

 

I know that the C1 HDMI 2.1 ports run at 48 Gigabits per second which is double of what the aourus hdmi ports run at.

 

I just imagined that maybe the FO48U had more burn in portections but it seems the C1 has more.

 

The C1 has its full smart tv software which I didn't really care much for, if need be I could just add a roku to one of the FO48U hdmi ports to make it function as a tv.

 

In the end I just wanted to figure out what got me more bang for my buck and the C1 seems to be the better option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mario1 said:

So I was leaning more towards the FO48u the display port, kvm switch.

 

I know that the C1 HDMI 2.1 ports run at 48 Gigabits per second which is double of what the aourus hdmi ports run at.

 

I just imagined that maybe the FO48U had more burn in portections but it seems the C1 has more.

 

The C1 has its full smart tv software which I didn't really care much for, if need be I could just add a roku to one of the FO48U hdmi ports to make it function as a tv.

 

In the end I just wanted to figure out what got me more bang for my buck and the C1 seems to be the better option.

For my own purpose the display port on my ageing 2080ti 1.4 handles 120hz just fine albeit not at 48gbps

 

Coming from 43" Samsung M7 smart monitor which did provided tv like features too - I took my shot at FO48U instead as productivity cum entertainment solution.

 

Good luck though 🙂 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×