Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best mid budget GPU for Adobe

Best mid budget GPU for Adobe Software:
Premiere pro

Photoshop

Some people say it must be an Nvidia card, but my research is shows that is not true. Yes Nvidia would be preferred, but wouldn't an 8Gb AMD card be better than a 6Gb Nvidia Card (to simplify the comparison) 
For example a RX 6600 scores well above a RTX 2060 in most benchmarks and is exactly the same price(here) I live in Indonesia

What I can get my hands on: these are all new and about the same price (here) I'll give price in my local currency (m is million IDR) 1m = $68 USD

ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 RTX2060 Dual OC Edition EVO 6GB = 5.9m
MSI RTX 2060 Ventus GP 6GB OC = 5.9m
Next step up

RTX 2060 Super = 8.9m  (not an option)

XFX RADEON RX 6600 CORE 8GB DDR6 SPEEDSTER SWFT210 = 5.9m
Next step up 
ASROCK CHALLENGER AMD RADEON RX 6600 XT 8GB PCIe 4.0 = 6.9m 

The RX 6600 XT  is by far the best performance and only 1m ($68 USD) more than a RTX 2060 

With all that said must it be an Nvidia card anyway?

In raw performance i would like to say that the 6600xt easily outperforms the 2060. Even the power consmption is lower i think. 
Pretty sure that photoshop and premiere pro doesn't have CUDA acceleration (but don't quoute me on that). 
So when Adobe only uses H265, H.264, etc with Hardware acceleration... Definetly the 6600XT 

I haven't fired up PS or LR on my new machine yet, but I will say that my 6600XT is solid.  I was torn between that at a 2060 at my local store, and after a ton of back and forth I ended up with the 6600XT.

I did a bit of overclocking in AMD Adrenaline, but that's super simple if you want it to be.  Even with a mild OC , it only sips back about 140 watts at 67C running FurMark.

I'd say that the AMD card is well above the 2060. 

10 hours ago, mike_seps said:

I haven't fired up PS or LR on my new machine yet, but I will say that my 6600XT is solid.  I was torn between that at a 2060 at my local store, and after a ton of back and forth I ended up with the 6600XT.

I did a bit of overclocking in AMD Adrenaline, but that's super simple if you want it to be.  Even with a mild OC , it only sips back about 140 watts at 67C running FurMark.

I'd say that the AMD card is well above the 2060. 

How does it go with adobe software?

8 hours ago, K1LLA_KING_KONG said:

How does it go with adobe software?

Haven't fired up the Adobe suite yet. I'll get it installed tonight and report back. I'd imagine it would run pretty smooth, things have been getting cleaner and better running on multiple architectures lately