My wired connection is being capped off by my PC.

Hello I need help fixing my PC. After installing the latest version of windows 10 my PC got messed up the Realtek HD drivers were messed up so I fixed that but then I noticed that mice ping/latency was double what it used to be (39 to 80). So I called spectrum and they said everything was good, I even updgraded my internet speed but did not help. So I tried pluggin my laptop to the etherenet and it was had a 21 ping. So now I am sure there is something wrong. All my drivers are updated apart from the newst Nvdia graphics driver. I rolled back the windows update but that didnt work.

My PC Specs are-

3800x

Aorus B550 Elite V2 

3070 Ti 

750 PSU 

1tb N.VME 

250 SSD (for operating system)

1tb HHD

250 SSD 

16 gb 3600 Corsair Ram 

Thank you for your help.

Double check that there are no unknown devices in device manager. Make sure the ethernet driver is properly identified and installed. If you had trouble with the Realtek audio driver, it is possible that there is an issue with the Realtek ethernet as well.

If you used the same cable to test with your laptop, that should be ok. Otherwise change the cable. Check the ethernet socket on your pc and make sure there are nothing in it. A rogue dust bunny can cause issues. Sometimes there is a cable test in the motherboard bios. Could be worth a try.

Start looking at what software is running on your computer. What power profile is selected.

Performance tab in more details version of task manager will give you a quick overview if something is hogging your ethernet.

Run a ping test to your router.

Do all of the above, and maybe give your anti-virus and anti-malware a run.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!