Is AMD A8 6500 with GTX 960 2gb bottleneck in gaming?

Alex3030230

Hello forum! Im planning to buy a second hand PC with these specs:

AMD A8 6500

GTX 960 2GB 

8 GB RAM DDR3

My question is it will be a bottleneck while gaming? Because i see on youtube 960 card can still game older games like GTA V with 90 - 100 FPS with high settings 1080p. Will in my setup be almost the same performance?

Just now, Alex3030230 said:

A8 6500

Will bottleneck any GPU made in the last 10 years.

1 minute ago, Alex3030230 said:

Will in my setup be almost the same performance?

Certainly not. GTA5 is a CPU intensive game.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Definitely not 100FPS. While video's like this should never be taken as exact representations of what to expect with your system, it'll get you in the ballpark.

Ok, i understand and what is the cheapest AMD cpu i can put to avoid bottleneck and fps issues? I don't know the motherboard model to be honest, it doesn't say on the website.

I just want to play the older games not new ones.

2 minutes ago, Alex3030230 said:

Ok, i understand and what is the cheapest AMD cpu i can put to avoid bottleneck and fps issues? I don't know the motherboard model to be honest, it doesn't say on the website.

Not really much, anything they made before Ryzen is trash and won't give above 60fps and definitely not 90-100

Just now, Alex3030230 said:

I just want to play the older games not new ones.

AM3 platform did not age gracefully, FX series CPUs were bad when they were released and even worse nowadays. If you have to go AMD, go AM4.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 minutes ago, Levent said:

AM3 platform did not age gracefully, FX series CPUs were bad when they were released and even worse nowadays. If you have to go AMD, go AM4.

Even worse it's using FM2

11 minutes ago, Alex3030230 said:

Make sure to use the quote button so we can see your responses.

The motherboard won't support anything modern. This is not a good PC to buy, I suggest saving a bit more money to get something modern.

My girlfriend runs a GTX 970 and Ryzen 3 2200G. Not a very powerful system by any means, but more than capable of comfortably running GTAV. I recommend a cheap Ryzen CPU in a cheap B450 motherboard, and something along the lines of that GTX 960 would fit right in.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Your best bet would be to go down the 2nd hand route with a B450 mobo, Ryzen 3600(X) and 2x8gigs of DDR4 memory. Combos like this could be found for around $150-$200 across the web from people who went full on X570 and 5800X3D or the 12th gen intel way. As for the poor GTX 960... No luck there mate. The cheapest thing you can get that would be worth upgrading to is a GTX 1070 which still roams above $300 if working properly. It's much better than the $600-$700 it used to cost few months ago, but still waaaay too much money for such an old GPU.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |