Weird Bluetooth behavior

I have a Keychron K8 keyboard connected via Bluetooth dongle to my Gaming PC. The dongle I use is "Asus USB-BT500". I also use the same keyboard with my work laptop (Lenovo X1)

For some reason, the keyboard has a lot of trouble connecting to the Gaming PC, it sometimes requires 6-8 tries and couple reboots of the keyboard. It has no problem connecting to my laptop.

What I've tested:

- Deleted all the drivers, tried with the drivers Windows provides, tried manufacturer drivers

- Tried different ports on my mobo and front panel

- Tried moving the dongle closer with proper USB 3.0 cable.

- Made sure there are no obstacles, it and the dongle has good line of sight.

Weird thing is that, none of the other devices I ever used with this dongle had any problems ever. The keyboard also works fine once it finally has connected. Any idea how can I improve the "connectivity"?

1 hour ago, Grendes said:

I have a Keychron K8 keyboard connected via Bluetooth dongle to my Gaming PC. The dongle I use is "Asus USB-BT500". I also use the same keyboard with my work laptop (Lenovo X1)

For some reason, the keyboard has a lot of trouble connecting to the Gaming PC, it sometimes requires 6-8 tries and couple reboots of the keyboard. It has no problem connecting to my laptop.

What I've tested:

- Deleted all the drivers, tried with the drivers Windows provides, tried manufacturer drivers

- Tried different ports on my mobo and front panel

- Tried moving the dongle closer with proper USB 3.0 cable.

- Made sure there are no obstacles, it and the dongle has good line of sight.

Weird thing is that, none of the other devices I ever used with this dongle had any problems ever. The keyboard also works fine once it finally has connected. Any idea how can I improve the "connectivity"?

I can think of two possibles

1. radio signal issue.  

Bluetooth isn’t very powerful. It has an extremely short range and runs a very high frequency so it can be blocked by things that may not normally block radio.

2. The keyboard doesn’t have a very advanced Bluetooth chip.

bluetooth has backwards compatibility so bluetooh6.0 will connect with bluetooth4.1 for example.  It doesn’t always do it very well though.  If the keyboard has a much earlier version of Bluetooth it may just be how things are.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.