NEWBIE - Steam Deck or not to Steam but to AyaNeo Next

dragonuck76

Hi.. newbie.. .and just wondering, if for the cost the Steam Deck is the right choice and or waiting on time to save for the AvaNeo Next.

Not that money is not a problem, it is just a case of saving.

I enjoy AAA games, as well as trying out new and unfamiliar games... 

Currently on Xbox One, and wanting to move away, play on FiFA, NHL, COD, PUBG (both mobile and console), Total War, GTA5, TR, Doom, and looking to expand my enjoyement on games... and going back to PC after 10s of year game console playing.  

I dont own a PC or laptop other than for work... but the idea that a hand held system like these can also be used in a way as a desktop gaming device with keyboard mouse, controler etc... sounds right...

BUt as I have been away I do not want to rush in hence my query....

What is right about the SD and the ANext - is the SD still a work in progress, making the saving for ANext idea over time in which case a new one will be released and can then splash the cash on that 

Cheers

The Steam Deck isn't exactly a desktop replacement. It runs on Steam OS, which is a Linux distro. That means that not all games are compatible, unless you install Windows on it. But that will likely also cause performance issues.

If you're into playing AAA games I don't think either of them is a good choice. Neither have the power to really replace a proper gaming console or PC in my opinion, but for some it might just be enough.

It has a really low end cpu, cant play a lot of games above 30fps, its not really a pc replacement at all therfore. 

*apparently it can do 60fps at *lowest* settings,  at 800p, but the statement doesn't change, thats a really poor experience,  and Id be skeptical about stability too. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity