ELDEN RING save data is corrupted

Ypyung

While I was playing, the power cut off and when I reopened the game, I got this nightmare:image.thumb.png.6afb4c0d2839c493cbd22413ed962388.png

I tried HxD and no resolve. Is there any way to recover/repair my save data?

While I can't answer to that..
Here is the location of your save files.
C:\Users\COSMO\AppData\Roaming\EldenRing
Replace COSMO with your PC username, if you use file explorer it's easy to navigate to this folder from C:\ using my example.

@Ypyung You'll find two files in there, the main Save and Save.BAK, move/rename the nonBAK file and rename the .BAK file (removing the .BAK) and see if it works again.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

5 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Replace COSMO with your PC username, if you use file explorer it's easy to navigate to this folder from C:\ using my example.

I already know the location of the save file. The problem is that is corrupted and i have no backup.

12 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

@Ypyung You'll find two files in there, the main Save and Save.BAK, move/rename the nonBAK file and rename the .BAK file (removing the .BAK) and see if it works again.

first thing i tried but it doesn't work

2 minutes ago, BetteBalterZen said:

Damn, that sucks... 😕 Hope you can fix it. Do you have many hours in this save file? 

85 hours and no way i start again

If it's on Steam and you have cloud sync enabled, maybe attempting to restore from there is an option.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

8 hours ago, tikker said:

If it's on Steam and you have cloud sync enabled, maybe attempting to restore from there is an option.

Well, that's not an option, for some "reasons".

6 hours ago, Ypyung said:

Well, that's not an option, for some "reasons".

I guess those "reasons" make this some form of poetic justice then if they are what this implies they are. Well a corrupted save is a corrupted save and generally unfixable without knowing what exactly got corrupted. Maybe look at this thread, but Nvm, that assumes you have a backup 🙂  It sucks, but you'll likely have to start over and make manual (or automated) backups of the save if you want to prevent losing a lot of progress should it happen again.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

If power losses are a regular thing in you area, you might also wanna invest in an UPS. Power loss is how i fried my first GPU and ever since then i use UPSs to protect my systems. Not only from data loss, but hardware damage as well, especially now when GPUs cost an arm and a leg. 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

thats why i always cloud sync once a week or so and then turn it off. 

because if your file corrupts they will upload *that* replacing your perfectly good "cloud sync" save... how far we have come! (lol)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Well take this as a valuable lesson to always back up, thank goodness it's just a video game and not personal pictures and videos that could never be replaced. I know the game is frustratiing but when you do beat those bosses it's very rewarding so start over, do some rune farming maybe cheese some bosses to get back to where you were and I bet you will discover more stuff on your second play through. Im on new game+4 and I am still finding stuff that I missed before. 

Edited by Gix7Fifty
Spelling

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...