No new video today (05/16) to main channel as of 2211 PDT... A bit strange, no?

bz16_

I know, I know, it's weird to assume that LTT must always stick to the new-vid-everyday schedule, but it is certainly strange to see LTT miss a video release with no prior announcement... LTT is now a pretty big company after all, and they did managed all video quotas when they were downed at least one shooter and one Linus about three weeks ago due to Covid.

I tried looking around and found no info; Twitter feed is updating but with no mention to videos, and looks like Linus is finally moving out of the old house (according to his personal Twitter).

Did a livestream happen and it was simply not showing up? Could he have something reserved for really late into the pacific night? Or maybe someone just forgot to setup auto-publish? Maybe the internet went down?

I'm a tad bit worried seeing that there seems to be no discussion on this – did LTT ever released a video this late? If it ends up being no video today, I hope it's just a minor hiccup and everything's fine.

Also, apparently I'm so addicted to LTT that I just can't miss my fix today. Look what you did to me Linus!

Edited by bz16_

Generally if a video isn't released on their normal release schedule it's because of a new product launch with an embargo on when reviews/videos can be published. In those cases the video will be published when the embargo passes.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Generally if a video isn't released on their normal release schedule it's because of a new product launch with an embargo on when reviews/videos can be published. In those cases the video will be published when the embargo passes.

Ah. I think I never noticed this before – all recent embargoed reviews seems to be released early in the morning of the scheduled date. Guess I will check again tomorrow morning...?

Oh OK,  the Core i9 10980XE Review was 5 minutes after the midnight. I wonder what it could be this time – I don't remember any major releases that will happen recently...

seems like Linus was just busy moving... but considering that happened basically yesterday, the editors basically finished the whole thing in record speed still. Is this the first time LTT has missed a schedule since it became a thing?

There was a video (I think from Wednesday) about an Asus laptop that is no longer available.  The title was something along the lines of "Not sad... just disappointed."

I had it open in a tab to watch later, and when I came back to it this morning, it said the video is no longer available and is private now.