Outlook.com Auto complete feature seems to have a mind of its own and doesn't like it when I try to type over it.

I am having issues with the auto complete feature when using Outlook.com. When typing out emails, the auto complete will suggest words or phrases to help my complete the email faster. This would be fine, but if I decided to type what the autocomplete recommends instead of having it do it for me, it will erase the first letter I type or combine a word when typing the first letter of the word or phrase it is recommending. If I continue to type out the word or phrase normally and ignore the auto complete I will usually be left with a misspelled word that is usually missing first or last letters, or it will combine the two words together in some way. Its like me and the auto correct are fighting for control of the page! Attached and linked is a video of the issue in action. Near the end when trying to type "multiple times" it will erase letters and not let me spell out the word completely.

Windows 10 home edition- Currently up to date according to Windows update manager.

Browser- Firefox.

Unfortunately it's just a bug and an annoying one that's been there for at least 3 months now.

At least the times I've experienced it, it's always been with FireFox.  For Outlook.com, you might want to try Edge, Chrome or Brave.  All are chromium based, which seems to be what Microsoft is targeting.

I know it's super frustrating, as I commonly use FireFox....it happens on Windows 11 as well.  As a side note, do you use noscript?

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

4 minutes ago, wanderingfool2 said:

Unfortunately it's just a bug and an annoying one that's been there for at least 3 months now.

At least the times I've experienced it, it's always been with FireFox.  For Outlook.com, you might want to try Edge, Chrome or Brave.  All are chromium based, which seems to be what Microsoft is targeting.

I know it's super frustrating, as I commonly use FireFox....it happens on Windows 11 as well.  As a side note, do you use noscript?

If its a bug that can't be fixed because of it being chromium maybe disabling the auto complete would be a good bet until some fix comes along. (I'm assuming you can only use the web version but if you can use the desktop version although im unsure if auto complete is a thing on the app)

2 minutes ago, rowdyjosh02 said:

If its a bug that can't be fixed because of it being chromium maybe disabling the auto complete would be a good bet until some fix comes along. (I'm assuming you can only use the web version but if you can use the desktop version although im unsure if auto complete is a thing on the app)

Oh, it's definitely something that Microsoft can fix.  It just gets back to the old days where they only tailor the website to conform to the webbrowser they wish (instead of sticking to the more open standards).  I've never looked into it, because I just switch to Chrome is really necessary (or log out and log back in...that typically fixes it for a bit with mine)

23 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

Well its good to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I do not use no script.

12 hours ago, deltabratwurst said:

Well its good to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I do not use no script.

Yea, it's definitely not you.  Actually my 3 months was a conservative estimate as well.  It's been a known problem since Dec 2021.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/working-with-outlook-web-interface-on-firefox/4212cac3-4be3-4295-b325-369ea3d46f2a

So yea, good old MS deciding not to care about other browsers.