need help looking for a monitor for my birthday (ps4)

d3vin

hello, im looking for a new monitor for my birthday. i currently play apex and call of duty and i play on a 10 year old tv. i have been getting bad fps playing apex and call of duty. im looking for a monitor that can maybe help me with that and give me 60fps consistent. i forgot to mention i have ps4. can anyone let me know if theres any under $300 us. also none of that weird bad color things at certain angles please. do we also need a actual pc for me to hook up my monitor? or like a keyboard or something to manage the monitor? 

So what you may be experiencing could be input lag where the TV has too high of an input delay. Typically Apex will run at 60 FPS on PS4 so any 60hz IPS monitor will serve you well.

Given that criteria you can typically find some for very cheap depending on age, resolution and size. If you aren't planning on upgrading console anytime soon I'd recommend a simple 1080p panel.

Note to look for specifically IPS as it a display technology which allows for viewing from multiple angles without colour distortion. 

You will not need to get anything else for a monitor as all monitor configuration settings are available natively in the monitor similar to that of a TV. 

Hence no PC mouse or keyboard needed.

TL;DR: 1080p IPS Monitor (Size is dependent on preference)

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

10 minutes ago, another random person said:

So what you may be experiencing could be input lag where the TV has too high of an input delay. Typically Apex will run at 60 FPS on PS4 so any 60hz IPS monitor will serve you well.

Given that criteria you can typically find some for very cheap depending on age, resolution and size. If you aren't planning on upgrading console anytime soon I'd recommend a simple 1080p panel.

Note to look for specifically IPS as it a display technology which allows for viewing from multiple angles without colour distortion. 

You will not need to get anything else for a monitor as all monitor configuration settings are available natively in the monitor similar to that of a TV. 

Hence no PC mouse or keyboard needed.

TL;DR: 1080p IPS Monitor (Size is dependent on preference)

ive seen videos stating that i shouldnt get a 60 hz monitor, instead a 75hz, since the monitor would not have any features for a good gaming experience. is there a simple solution to fixing the input delay? i have good ping but my fps is not so good. i dont wanna get a monitor that will not benefit me. also any monitor between 22 - 25inch. i forgot to state that my fps is fine during simple games like rocket league, can it be that games like apex and cod, are first shooters and all the extra objects, pixels etc. are making my frames lower?

44 minutes ago, d3vin said:

i forgot to state that my fps is fine during simple games like rocket league, can it be that games like apex and cod, are first shooters and all the extra objects, pixels etc. are making my frames lower?

Is your playstation loud when you play these games?
PS4s are on the market for about a decade now and dust and dry thermal paste can cause it to get hot. If it gets too hot, your CPU performance might suffer a bit.

I know a different problem from GTA Online, which was updated horribly, so the playstatipn 4 couldnt get many FPS anymore, which is pretty bad because the game is running on PS4 only 😄

I dont play COD or Apex, so I cant tell you, how they run on my PS4.

My build:

CPU

Intel Core i7 9700 8x 3.00GHz So.1151

CPU cooler

be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim

Motherboard

MSI B360-A PRO Intel B360 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX

RAM

16GB (4x 4096MB) HyperX FURY black DDR4-2666

GPU

8GB Gigabyte GeForce RTX2070 WindForce 2X 3xDP/HDMI

SSD