$700 Budget TV for Movies and shows

WavyDavy

I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for a TV that's 4k with good features. My family bought a TV a year or so ago and I cant watch with the screen tearing but it was relatively new. So something in my budget without the screen tearing, good audio, 4k, just great all around TV for only movies and shows no gaming going on. If anyone has some suggestions id really appreciate it.

57 minutes ago, WavyDavy said:

I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for a TV that's 4k with good features. My family bought a TV a year or so ago and I cant watch with the screen tearing but it was relatively new. So something in my budget without the screen tearing, good audio, 4k, just great all around TV for only movies and shows no gaming going on. If anyone has some suggestions id really appreciate it.

Do you want to use it as a monitor?  That’s kind of the only sort of TVs that even get looked at around here.  Latency matters for video games but it doesn’t for video

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

7 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Do you want to use it as a monitor?  That’s kind of the only sort of TVs that even get looked at around here.  Latency matters for video games but it doesn’t for video

No not as a monitor just a TV for movies. Dont know the one my family bought but i notice the screen tearing and I don't want that so good refresh rate would be nice.

4 hours ago, xg32 said:

A friend of mine found this one https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-55nano90upa-4k-uhd-tv i think with the higher refresh rate its better, but all i know about is refresh rates and 4k are all the other features of the one my friend found better?

8 minutes ago, WavyDavy said:

A friend of mine found this one https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-55nano90upa-4k-uhd-tv i think with the higher refresh rate its better, but all i know about is refresh rates and 4k are all the other features of the one my friend found better?

The Nanocell 90 isn't bad, but it's no OLED. 

If you live near a MicroCenter, they have refurbished C1's starting around $800. Those are a killer deal.

14 hours ago, Colty said:

The Nanocell 90 isn't bad, but it's no OLED. 

If you live near a MicroCenter, they have refurbished C1's starting around $800. Those are a killer deal.

Sadly no MicroCenter think ima bite the bullet with the Nanocell found the one I linked at BestBuy for $600, But if you have any other recommendations id love to hear. Not going to buy one until Thursday.

18 hours ago, WavyDavy said:

No not as a monitor just a TV for movies. Dont know the one my family bought but i notice the screen tearing and I don't want that so good refresh rate would be nice.

Refresh rate has nothing to do with tearing. If a TV has screen tearing in movies it's flawed from the ground up.

A good 60Hz TV will have no tearing, just like a good 120Hz TV.

When you can control the light in your room, the A1 can be a great choice, but like others mentioned it wouldn't be my first choice for gaming.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

8 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Refresh rate has nothing to do with tearing. If a TV has screen tearing in movies it's flawed from the ground up.

A good 60Hz TV will have no tearing, just like a good 120Hz TV.

When you can control the light in your room, the A1 can be a great choice, but like others mentioned it wouldn't be my first choice for gaming.

Well its not for gaming(might do some gaming in the future with it but not as of right now), just movies and shows, and I didn't know that about the 60Hz wonder how bad the TV is my family got

2 hours ago, WavyDavy said:

Well its not for gaming(might do some gaming in the future with it but not as of right now), just movies and shows, and I didn't know that about the 60Hz wonder how bad the TV is my family got

60Hz is the standard for mid range TV's nowadays. Some entry-level TVs only run on 50Hz.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I went ahead and splurged and got the LG G1