Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

asus gundam pc

hi my friend has the asus gundam pc with a 11th gen i7 and a rtx 3080 and it keep crashing so i though the stock 850 watt psu wasnt cutting it and thay had a new 1000 watt evga psu laying around so i sayed it might be tripping the over current protection  so thay swaped them out and it still crashed so i thought try to check if the bios needed updated and the asus armoury crate sayed there was a update so i thought cool me might be on the right track and thay did it and restarted the pc and tryed halo and cyberpunk and it wont even make it to the menu i  told them to make sure all ram sticks and plugs r all the way insurted idk what else i can do to help them ... it was a open box from newegg and i told them thay shouldnt of got from there cuz thay r shady but thay want to try to fix it 

i might of posted this at the wrong place im so sorry if so

12 minutes ago, Andy3900x said:

i thought try to check if the bios needed updated and the asus armoury crate sayed there was a update so i thought cool

Did Asus armory crate update the BIOS? Or just update the software itself?

Did you try running the system with less ram installed? Did you try running windows in safe mode?

Just now, Andy3900x said:

i might of posted this at the wrong place im so sorry if so

The mods will move it for you

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Try reinstalling graphics drivers 

also I just read your post again, why have you made so many spelling errors?

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

so asus sayed to use ai suite 3 for the bios... and there r 4 sticks with 64 gigs all together... and have not tryed safe mode ... we didnt update the gpu driver cuz we checked and it was suposed to be 512.77

19 hours ago, Andy3900x said:

so asus sayed to use ai suite 3 for the bios... and there r 4 sticks with 64 gigs all together... and have not tryed safe mode ... we didnt update the gpu driver cuz we checked and it was suposed to be 512.77

Try safe mode if it works, try reinstalling all driver you can think of, a recommendation is drivereasy as it can detect all your drivers and help update them <removed by staff>

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

19 hours ago, Andy3900x said:

Make sure to use the quote button so we can see your responses.

If you boot with less ram, and the system is stable, you might have some bad ram. I recommend one at a time to be sure. If you find one that might be faulty, you can use the windows memory diagnostic to see if it's dead and needs to be serviced.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Make sure to use the quote button so we can see your responses.

If you boot with less ram, and the system is stable, you might have some bad ram. I recommend one at a time to be sure. If you find one that might be faulty, you can use the windows memory diagnostic to see if it's dead and needs to be serviced.

Dude...

ok thinks ill tell them

Well your first problem was buying an Open Box item from newegg. They are GARBAGE and should never be trusted at this point, there is a reason it was returned.

There is more then likely a Driver related issue, You could do a clean install of windows and see if  that fixes it, best way to do it imo. Other then that, making sure all the connections are properly in, making sure all drivers, Bios stuff is up to date.

15 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Well your first problem was buying an Open Box item from newegg. They are GARBAGE and should never be trusted at this point, there is a reason it was returned.

There is more then likely a Driver related issue, You could do a clean install of windows and see if  that fixes it, best way to do it imo. Other then that, making sure all the connections are properly in, making sure all drivers, Bios stuff is up to date.

yah it was to late when i told them about newegg but thay reinstalled windows and the  upbated the bios and the driver been updated .... but now it will let them into a map and run around for a sec befor it crashes insted of crashing at the menu 

3 hours ago, Andy3900x said:

yah it was to late when i told them about newegg but thay reinstalled windows and the  upbated the bios and the driver been updated .... but now it will let them into a map and run around for a sec befor it crashes insted of crashing at the menu 

Def sounds like it could be a hardware issue with the GPU. See if he can take out the GPU, plug into his IGPU on the motherboard, and see if  it still crashes. It wont perform well but its at least a step to see if its the gpu