Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Newegg withholding refund payment?

Hi, recently I sent in a product refund to newegg.

I took the package to the UPS store with the return label on the 11th. The same day on the website the return changed to "Refund complete : Your return has been approved and processed. A refund has been credited to your original form of payment."

It is now the 16th and I have not seen a credit on my account. Is this just an error in communication and it will come later or should I be contacting someone about this?

2 minutes ago, SaladGreens said:

Hi, recently I sent in a product refund to newegg.

I took the package to the UPS store with the return label on the 11th. The same day on the website the return changed to "Refund complete : Your return has been approved and processed. A refund has been credited to your original form of payment."

It is now the 16th and I have not seen a credit on my account. Is this just an error in communication and it will come later or should I be contacting someone about this?

I think it can take 7 to 10 business days before the refund will be credited back to your account. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

I think it can take 7 to 10 business days before the refund will be credited back to your account. 

Alright thanks, I was just finding it weird that they were saying "It has been credited" and it not showing up on my end. Normally I wouldn't worry but with new egg Im a bit more on edge.

Ty and have a nice evening.

Can take a while, keep in mind it has only been like 3 business day thus far. You don't include the weekends in these things.

By "my account", do you mean your newegg account? Or your credit card? Where are they refunding you?

If it's on your credit card, you may not see it on your latest events, it is possible you could just see your previous charge reversed or outright deleted.

If it's credit as in store credits on newegg... Yeah they are even slower. Wait at least 7 business days (so either Friday or next Monday) before questioning them on this.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB with Noctua Fans / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 11 Pro