Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Will the 11900K work with the Asus wifi plus

Go to solution Solved by Sydneyblue,
5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Do you mean slots 1 and 3? Slots 1 and 2 should be in the same channel, so you would only be able to run single channel. Slots 2 and 4 would be ideal, and if you're running stable in those slots, then there's no problem 

yea thats what i meant sorry when i ran in slots 1 and 3 woule post when running at 3200mhz and had erros in memtest when running at 3066 but slots 2 and 4 run fine at 3200 and no errors. can you explain why this is ?

well these two work together OK the motherboard Z59 so it should be OK but will the VRMs ? 

I'm only planning to run it at stock with a simple air cooler no crazy overclocking with the ram just out whatever the stock speeds are I got a 3200 kit

I just recently built a computer with the 11 700 KF and I had a problem with that specific chip so I went to Micro Center and they didn't have it in stock so I ended up just getting the 11 900 K for like a little bit more and I completely forgot about if I'm gonna have problems with VRM's or not

34 minutes ago, Sydneyblue said:

I just recently built a computer with the 11 700 KF and I had a problem with that specific chip so I went to Micro Center and they didn't have it in stock so I ended up just getting the 11 900 K for like a little bit more and I completely forgot about if I'm gonna have problems with VRM's or not

Make sure to use the quote button so we can see your responses

There aren't many motherboards that are fine with an i7 but struggle with an i9. You won't be looking at any major issues.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Make sure to use the quote button so we can see your responses

There aren't many motherboards that are fine with an i7 but struggle with an i9. You won't be looking at any major issues.

Thanks I just did a new build and was having a issues where one of the dimm slots wasnt able to run at 3200mhz only on that slot with a 2x8 Gskill trident rgb kit which is on the ram list on asus website. I ordered another boarding thinking  that was the problem and that was not it switching CPU also and no dice. So im left scrathing my head. Why am i able to run in duel channel 3200 on slots 2 and 4 no issues but as soon as i put it in slots 1 and 2 all i can get is 3066 with errors on memtest 

18 minutes ago, Sydneyblue said:

as soon as i put it in slots 1 and 2 all i can get is 3066 with errors on memtest 

Do you mean slots 1 and 3? Slots 1 and 2 should be in the same channel, so you would only be able to run single channel. Slots 2 and 4 would be ideal, and if you're running stable in those slots, then there's no problem 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

yea thats what i meant sorry when i ran in slots 1 and 3 woule post when running at 3200mhz and had erros in memtest when running at 3066 but slots 2 and 4 run fine at 3200 and no errors. can you explain why this is ?

8 hours ago, Sydneyblue said:

This might be because of damaged slots. Or, even a bad memory controller. My brother's computer was this way, fixed when he went to an i7. But if it works in 1 and 3 then I think you should keep it that way

Primary PC:

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

43 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

This might be because of damaged slots. Or, even a bad memory controller. My brother's computer was this way, fixed when he went to an i7. But if it works in 1 and 3 then I think you should keep it that way

The weird thing is i have had this happen on 2 motherboards 

4 minutes ago, Sydneyblue said:

The weird thing is i have had this happen on 2 motherboards 

Sounds like you're having problems on the new CPU too, or have you not tested it yet?

Primary PC:

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

58 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Sounds like you're having problems on the new CPU too, or have you not tested it yet?

I tried another cpu thinkiung the cpu was bad a brand new 11900k and the slots 1 and 3 were populated. I was reading the manual last night and noticed that asus recommends using slots A2 and B2 for 2 sticks I was using A1 and B1 and having issues. Could it be a issue where RTFM was the issue user error ? 

55 minutes ago, Sydneyblue said:

I tried another cpu thinkiung the cpu was bad a brand new 11900k and the slots 1 and 3 were populated. I was reading the manual last night and noticed that asus recommends using slots A2 and B2 for 2 sticks I was using A1 and B1 and having issues. Could it be a issue where RTFM was the issue user error ? 

You were using A1 and B1, and you had issues, and you moved the sticks to A2 and B2? Did this fix the problem?

It sounds like you set it up correctly and the system wasn't stable. I don't think the manual would help all that much. If the system is stable with memory in the "wrong" slots, then I recommend keeping it that way 

Primary PC:

Linux Proliant ML150 G6: