Can I use my laptop's screen as a monitor for another computer?

My laptop is a Razer Blade 15 Advanced. I was wondering if this is possible, i dunno a lot about computers. I don't have a monitor and I need to access my other computer. Obviously i can see an HDMI port, but I'd rather not trust my luck and instead have the opinions of the finest minds on the internet. 

thanks for any advice,

-PR

Well you can enable remote connetction on that second pc, and just use your laptop to remote into it. Easiest solution there is.

maybe with a capture device. I haven't used any cheap ones but it might work.

https://www.amazon.com/Capture-Streaming-Broadcasting-Conference-Teaching/dp/B09FLN63B3/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3RVEASBCYVVKR&keywords=hdmi+capture+card&qid=1652746100&sprefix=hdmi+cap%2Caps%2C94&sr=8-4

1 minute ago, Marko Del Vechio said:

Well you can enable remote connetction on that second pc, and just use your laptop to remote into it. Easiest solution there is.

only if it is turned on, on the desktop.

1 hour ago, PrincessRainbow7 said:

My laptop is a Razer Blade 15 Advanced. I was wondering if this is possible, i dunno a lot about computers. I don't have a monitor and I need to access my other computer. Obviously i can see an HDMI port, but I'd rather not trust my luck and instead have the opinions of the finest minds on the internet. 

thanks for any advice,

-PR

That HDMI is an HDMI out, you cannot plug a card into it and use it there. Some Laptops support External GPUS and such but that usually uses another screen thats not connected to another computer.

Unless you are using software, no you cannot plug a computer into your laptop and use it as just a dedicated screen.

Sounds dicey. Razor blade advanced is good laptop.  Disconnecting the screen from your laptop and hooking it up to a pc is technical stuff. You’ll have to deal with lots of wires and those tiny screwdrivers. If anything goes wrong you’ll have 2 computers with no screens. Maybe try hooking it up to a tv. Amazon has cheap monitors for $50. Goodwill might have them for really cheap. Probably newer styles, not the bulgy glass screen type.