Asus support hell. Why read a ticket when you can blame the customer?

This is more of a warning about Asus support and a rant, as it's been 60 days, 2 RMA's and they have yet to read my ticket and keep blaming my equipment, my testing, all while expecting you to maintain a warehouse of parts for their testing.

So delete this post if this is not the right spot. Maybe it will reach somebody who can help, cause after 2 months, I've lost faith as ASUS has given up before even trying the first test.

So 60 days ago I had a client who needed an office PC and wanted long support window. Pro B550M-C/CSM seems like the right fit. Cheap, but with a  5 year bios and support. Get a 5600G cause they are great chips.

Board came with bios 0402 (or similar original bios) which does not work with a 5xxxG CPU out the box, so I put in my 5900x and RX 480, flash the bios 2604 (then later the new beta agesa for 5800X 3d). Put in the 5600G and remove the GPU. Nothing, no video no post sound (I install speakers on all boards for testing if not installed). Strange, I've never had a bad CPU, so I try it in my X570-E, works fine.

Contact ASUS, they approve an RMA after testing. Gets at the depot, immediately get shipped a new board with updated bios and the old one marked bad VGA. Cool, figured out quick!

I get the board back, throw in the 5600G, no post, no beep nothing. But luckily I am building 2 more office PC's and they were OK with consumer boards, so I had 2 other B550 boards and those worked fine with this chip, yet the B550M-CSM didn't work with all 3 of them.

So I do some more testing.

5600G only will not even have init post beep

5600G with a GPU will init beep and give no VGA tone

Remove ram, immediate ram beep, cpu same

5900x or 1700 + GPU - init beep, post to bios

So I put all this in an other ticket and email my contact with asus support. 20 days of back and forth, sending pictures of CPU pins, motherboard, CPU serial number, Memory model, memory serial numbers. Everything. CPU pins to ensure I didn't damage it, motherboard for the same. RAM model to try and blame QVL, but unfortunately for them my kit in on the QVL with the original bios. All of this was done, videos of me installing the CPU and turning it on, videos of the bios beep.

This resulted in a second RMA, but this time it's going to go to him! But, since I am in Canada, they will ship it to the Canadian RMA depot and verify, then ship to him.

So they respond by saying they have tested the board and it works absolutely perfectly fine with a 5600X and tried the 5600G in a second B550M-C and it doesn't work but the board states that it has 5600G support. So the issue is with the CPU I sent them and they recommend I RMA the CPU they requested I send them, alongside the 2 other 5600G chips that I have already sold to other customers, because they are in fact defective and not working on the 2 other PC's I sold.

When I asked if they tried a different motherboard with the 5600G I sent them and they said no, as it should work with the board and since the second board of the same model doesn't work either, it HAS to be the CPU I sent.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to escalate this? The email to the CEO is a wash, I got no response. Their chat agents are not ready for this issue as it's already escalated. The RMA department doesn't read the RMA notes by customer, as both my RMA's had the exact same instructions.

I'm pissed off, I'm absolutely tired of this bull****. I have an email chain of over 200 emails of them blaming the customer after their basic troubleshooting fails and they point to an other technicality in trying to avoid taking responsibilty.

Seems they worry more about metrics and numbers instead of fixing issues. I never

Sorry for the rant, this is half a cry for help and a warning of what you can expect if you have a non trivial issue with ASUS.

Cheers,

K