PC upgrade

Beeb533

Budget (including currency): 69$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games, CAD and simulation programs such an Ansys

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi, I'm currently running an intel core I3-10100(cooled by a be quiet pure rock tower cooler), an Asrock B460 Pro4 ATX board with a kit of 16GB hyperx memory  and a 1070 blower style card. All in a 4U rack case.

I want to upgrade my case and for the most part I set my mind on a Lian Li O11 Air Mini, but I would like a more compact build(towards mini ITX territory). I have no issue with changing the mobo but I would like to keep the B460/B560 chipset and to upgrade the CPU as time goes on(I have opted for intel because most of AMD parts are either much more expensive or out of stock where I live). The only part I have issue parting with is my Seasonic Focus G-650 ATX PSU(it has sentimental value, don't judge me). Also, I'm not interested in overclocking, water cooling or RGB, just want a discrete, easy to maintain and stable system and if you have suggestions for other upgrades that you think are worth it feel free to tell me:). I have listed no budget because this is a long term investment and I am asking for advice for future proofing aswell. Thank you! 

I'd go with mATX for future upgradability. You will be able to pack more in the system and mATX boards are cheaper than ITX. They are also easier to work in and build.

I put together a preliminary parts list with a mid range motherboard and a shorter but wider case.

https://ro.pcpartpicker.com/list/rkz8t8

you could save a little bit and go for a cheaper board, but that will limit your cpu upgrade options.

2 hours ago, Beeb533 said:

but I would like a more compact build(towards mini ITX territory

For portability purposes?

When it comes to mini-itx, you really would only want to opt for the really small cases, because if you get an ITX case that's barely any smaller than a micro ATX case doesn't have much of a point.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad