Won a Ryzen 9 3900x brand new sealed but don't wanna pay ebay fees (UK Based)

Go to solution Solved by YoungBlade,

Why don't you want the 3900X? If you notice, in your previous post, the advice people were giving you was based on it not being a good idea to buy a 3900X because there are more price-competitive options available. Had you mentioned that you got the 3900X for free, I'm guessing that the advice would have been very different. The 3900X is still a solid CPU for streaming because you have plenty of cores. A friend of mine who streams regularly recently went from a 2600 to a 5950X, and the improvement for streaming was very noticeable for him. I've also noticed an improvement when I stream going from a 9600K to a 5900X.

But if you can sell it for a good price, that's not a bad idea, since you can then use the money for other things - be they other upgrades or just to have. Just make sure you get a fair price for it. As far as I know, Facebook Marketplace is also a thing in the UK.

So I got this CPU from a legit tech company but it's not really suitable for my needs (see my previous posts) and I wanted to ask what's my options for selling it to try and get the best price? Ebay will have big fees on listing and final valuation so where else could I go?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, MB: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M, RAM: 2x 8GB Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G32C16U4B 3200 MHz DDR4, GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 Aorus 8GB OC, Case: Corsair Crystal 280X RGB Black, Storage: Intel SSD 760p Series 256GB M.2-2280, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB SATA III 3.5" HDD, COTT 512 GB Internal SSD, PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 650W, Display: Samsung G3 F27G35TFW, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum, 2x Corsair LL120 RGB front fans.

local selling sites in the US we have offerup craigslist FB marketplace. all are good options (I don't know what ones available/used in the uk tho)

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

Why don't you want the 3900X? If you notice, in your previous post, the advice people were giving you was based on it not being a good idea to buy a 3900X because there are more price-competitive options available. Had you mentioned that you got the 3900X for free, I'm guessing that the advice would have been very different. The 3900X is still a solid CPU for streaming because you have plenty of cores. A friend of mine who streams regularly recently went from a 2600 to a 5950X, and the improvement for streaming was very noticeable for him. I've also noticed an improvement when I stream going from a 9600K to a 5900X.

But if you can sell it for a good price, that's not a bad idea, since you can then use the money for other things - be they other upgrades or just to have. Just make sure you get a fair price for it. As far as I know, Facebook Marketplace is also a thing in the UK.

Just now, YoungBlade said:

I didn't mention how I was getting it because I wanted to know if it would have been a good upgrade to use. As it stands from the replies there are better upgrades to focus on so it was always a toss-up as to whether I use the item or sell it on and as my streaming is not negatively affected by my current set-up I'd rather sell and put the money towards more necessary upgrades but thanks for your feedback.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, MB: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M, RAM: 2x 8GB Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G32C16U4B 3200 MHz DDR4, GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 Aorus 8GB OC, Case: Corsair Crystal 280X RGB Black, Storage: Intel SSD 760p Series 256GB M.2-2280, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB SATA III 3.5" HDD, COTT 512 GB Internal SSD, PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 650W, Display: Samsung G3 F27G35TFW, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum, 2x Corsair LL120 RGB front fans.

7 hours ago, Grimm Gaming said:

there are better upgrades to focus on

If money mattered, but if it is free then go for it. They were saying that there were more cost effective upgrades, not that you shouldn't upgrade to the 3900X at all.

20 hours ago, Grimm Gaming said:

So I got this CPU from a legit tech company but it's not really suitable for my needs (see my previous posts) and I wanted to ask what's my options for selling it to try and get the best price? Ebay will have big fees on listing and final valuation so where else could I go?

I'd sell here if you can't figure it out. Sure some other techy would buy it.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/

forums.overclockers.co.uk