Audio source and motherboard/case plugs.

Can anybody explain how I can change my audio from coming out of the hdmi plug into my monitor to being able to come out of the 3.5mm Aux jacks on my motherboard or case? My motherboard is H81 4th gen Intel if that matters.

I Can't figure out how to get the audio source right or which one to use to get audio on the aux. By default I guess hdmi carries audio

Do you mean to say you do not know how to switch outputs in Windows operating system?

Windows 10:

Spoiler

How to Switch Sound Output Between Headphones and Speakers on Windows 10

Windows 11:

Spoiler

5 Ways To Change Sound Output Device In Windows 11 5 Ways To Change Sound  Output Device In Windows 11

... Or do you mean to say this is not functioning properly?

First thing to check is the sound control panel. https://orhelp.osu.edu/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/223/41/How-to-manage-Sound-settings-in-Windows-10

12 hours ago, ShearMe said:

Do you mean to say you do not know how to switch outputs in Windows operating system?

Windows 10:

Reveal hidden contents

How to Switch Sound Output Between Headphones and Speakers on Windows 10

Windows 11:

Reveal hidden contents

5 Ways To Change Sound Output Device In Windows 11 5 Ways To Change Sound  Output Device In Windows 11

... Or do you mean to say this is not functioning properly?

First thing to check is the sound control panel. https://orhelp.osu.edu/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/223/41/How-to-manage-Sound-settings-in-Windows-10

when I change source it just won't output noise. And yes, my headset is working because it works on my laptop and xbox

2 hours ago, 675409 said:

when I change source it just won't output noise. And yes, my headset is working because it works on my laptop and xbox

It could easily be a faulty audio jack. Are you using the front panel or the rear?

1 hour ago, ShearMe said:

It could easily be a faulty audio jack. Are you using the front panel or the rear?

I tried both