Looking at buying the ASUS ROG Strix Scar 17 wanted opinions on it since its so expensive.

Summery:

Laptop is expensive and while I spent days looking around for the best price I  want to make sure I didnt miss anything else. Also just looking for recommendations. 

Heres the laptop

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Display-i9-12900H-Keyboard-G733ZW-DS94/dp/B09TPV4R9P/ref=nav_ya_signin?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=583259186550&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=897674057165186845&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9017769&hvtargid=pla-1649469990934&th=1

Im mainly looking for if this is a good price for this level of laptop. From what I can see its the lowest that has a 12900h cpu and a 3070ti ( i do know that both of these aren't as powerful as desktop versions. )  I mainly program due to hobby and job but I do play halo infinite, battlefield, battlefront, and other games that dont need a 3070ti. My current laptop (gpu died last week) was a i7-6700hq and a 1070 from 6 years ago. I would like this laptop to last me 5 to 6 years.

The newegg posting of this laptop is 100$ cheaper but its not in stock. 

I kinda need the laptop soon since its my daily driver for around 8 - 10 hours a day. Always plugged in. So i dont want to wait for the 4000 series gpus. 

I looked at the QHD 240hz but it seemed to shoot the price up to 2900 +.

If you need a laptop now then it should be fine. Heard good stuff about the SCAR lineup if you can find a good deal on it. It's the full 150W GPU so you should be getting the max performance out of it if cooling is sufficient. New models also have a MUX switch so max performance. 

I can't say anything about the price since I'm from the UK but other laptops you could look at is the Legion lineup from Lenovo. They're typically on sale for a good price. 

It is a 17" laptop so it'll be fairly big so know what your getting (I went to uni in my 1st year with a 17" laptop similar to yours and hated carrying it around, bought a 15" laptop for my 2nd year xD)