Razer Book 13 blank screen

w0nky

Hello, I turned on my Razer book 13  a few days a go and the display just stayed blank. Works with external monitor, the touch screen works fine but no display, windows doesn't event detect the original display just the external one. 
Things I've tried:

Reinstalling windows both 10 & 11
Driver updates and DDU
Opened it up, the ribbon cable seems fine

Any other suggestions?

I have contacted Razer, but I have to ship the laptop to Germany, want to see if there's anything else I can do before I have to do that.

32 minutes ago, w0nky said:

Hello, I turned on my Razer book 13  a few days a go and the display just stayed blank. Works with external monitor, the touch screen works fine but no display, windows doesn't event detect the original display just the external one. 
Things I've tried:

Reinstalling windows both 10 & 11
Driver updates and DDU
Opened it up, the ribbon cable seems fine

Any other suggestions?

I have contacted Razer, but I have to ship the laptop to Germany, want to see if there's anything else I can do before I have to do that.

Where are you located that they want you to ship to Germany? Razer is a dual headquartered company: one in Singapore, one in Irvine, California.....

8 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Where are you located that they want you to ship to Germany? Razer is a dual headquartered company: one in Singapore, one in Irvine, California.....

I'm in England, so it's not to crazy but it would like to see if I can fix it, because razer will charge me something crazy

1 hour ago, w0nky said:

I'm in England, so it's not to crazy but it would like to see if I can fix it, because razer will charge me something crazy

I see. So in the display settings it only recognizes the external monitor? No monitor 1/2?

20 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

I see. So in the display settings it only recognizes the external monitor? No monitor 1/2?

Yep, I finally took the panel out of the model. Poped it back and the screen now light up, and I can clearly see that the screen is cracked.....  Panel made by sharp and they don't sell spares and neither does Razer, gg I guess

8 hours ago, w0nky said:

Yep, I finally took the panel out of the model. Poped it back and the screen now light up, and I can clearly see that the screen is cracked.....  Panel made by sharp and they don't sell spares and neither does Razer, gg I guess

Damn, what's the panel number, you might be able to find something through panelook.com

17 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Damn, what's the panel number, you might be able to find something through panelook.com

It's LQ134N1JW48, panelook have LQ134N1JW45 and LQ134N1JW42 , you think they would work? they look the same on the back

2 hours ago, w0nky said:

It's LQ134N1JW48, panelook have LQ134N1JW45 and LQ134N1JW42 , you think they would work? they look the same on the back

The display driver and scaler are usually specific to the panel, do you have a picture of the model number of the Original display?

8 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

The display driver and scaler are usually specific to the panel, do you have a picture of the model number of the Original display?

Yeah, here you go.   I've found this panel https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002467154139.html , looks good, even the camera cut-outs look about right.

IMG_20220517_124616.jpg

IMG_20220517_124620.jpg

IMG_20220517_124625.jpg

It could work, really depends on how your board and the eDP like that particular model.

13 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

It could work, really depends on how your board and the eDP like that particular model.

I will give it a shot

• 7 months later...

UPDATE

If anyone is looking for panel replacement for this laptop,  LQ134N1JW45 panel works absolutely fine, both touch and non-touch variants!

• 11 months later...

Yo @w0nky i'm just checkin up cause I ended up having a similar problem on my razer book UHD touch, but for me the problem seems to come from the lcd ribbon cable and not from the lcd itself.

I struggled quite a bit to find the replacement part, but i finally ordered it for about 90$ on aliexpress. Quite a lot for a 10cm ribbon cable, but not so much for having back a working laptop so I gave it a shot. I'm waiting for it to arrive right now

My question is how do you disassemble the lid / screen of razer book? Do you need some kind of heat gun ?

thks

• 3 months later...
On 12/14/2023 at 10:02 AM, ElPaul0 said:

Yo @w0nky i'm just checkin up cause I ended up having a similar problem on my razer book UHD touch, but for me the problem seems to come from the lcd ribbon cable and not from the lcd itself.

I struggled quite a bit to find the replacement part, but i finally ordered it for about 90$ on aliexpress. Quite a lot for a 10cm ribbon cable, but not so much for having back a working laptop so I gave it a shot. I'm waiting for it to arrive right now

My question is how do you disassemble the lid / screen of razer book? Do you need some kind of heat gun ?

thks

Hi,

I’m experiencing the exact same problem. Did you have any luck with the Aliexpress replacement part?