Video: Streams attributes could not be determined

Go to solution Solved by K3nobi,

PROBLEM SOLVED:
I just go pirate another higher version of Vegas Pro, specifically Vegas Pro 19, I can now sleep in peace

Editing Software: Vegas Pro 13

Laptop: Asus X450CC

Recorded some video clips on an iPhone 13/11 (not sure) on 4K60 and now I'm trying to edit it

At first I wasn't able to open the video clips in Vegas, it prompts me to download QuickTime, did that and now only the Audio tracks are inserted into Vegas, the Videos itself is empty:

image.thumb.png.5002fcb1955ba465fe59e215d80dedb2.png

In the file selection prompt, it looks like this:

image.png.2346b14a521f8c9ab2b2cb88ffa067e9.png

Is there any way to fix this? Kinda urgent and just reply if need extra info about the files

34 minutes ago, General K3nobi said:

Editing Software: Vegas Pro 13

Laptop: Asus X450CC

Recorded some video clips on an iPhone 13/11 (not sure) on 4K60 and now I'm trying to edit it

At first I wasn't able to open the video clips in Vegas, it prompts me to download QuickTime, did that and now only the Audio tracks are inserted into Vegas, the Videos itself is empty:

image.thumb.png.5002fcb1955ba465fe59e215d80dedb2.png

In the file selection prompt, it looks like this:

image.png.2346b14a521f8c9ab2b2cb88ffa067e9.png

Is there any way to fix this? Kinda urgent and just reply if need extra info about the files

Convert them to something else I expect.  Betting they were recorded on an iPhone.  Newer iPhones can record in some odd formats though that aren’t always .mov.  It might also be your version of .mov in the spec is just old.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Convert them to something else I expect.  Betting they were recorded on an iPhone.  Newer iPhones can record in some odd formats though that aren’t always .mov.  It might also be your version of .mov in the spec is just old.

1.Converted them to .mp4 using this guide and now Vegas don't even recognize these converted .mp4 files for whatever reasonimage.png.31a9ce23983679decd31938eaeb7a669.png

2. Converted them to .mp4 using this Adobe's website tool thiny and now it also won't even recognize these kinds of .mp4 filesimage.png.d880170651c6ca33c9e8cb7b8f158571.png

Argh.  Does Vegas normally take .mp4?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Argh.  Does Vegas normally take .mp4?

yea

PROBLEM SOLVED:
I just go pirate another higher version of Vegas Pro, specifically Vegas Pro 19, I can now sleep in peace

Is the current version pirated too?  A lot of “craked” software has malware baked into it.  Also the hackers that do that stuff are often script kiddies and wouldn’t know how to solve a performance issue in the software if they bothered to look, which they probably didn’t even know how to do.