Ryzen Server crashing on low load

Talllion

Hi, last year I built a server that I use mainly for web development and as a database server.

Specs:

- CPU: Ryzen 7 1700X (used since 2017, so a bit aged i guess)

- MB: GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2

- PSU: Corsair 550W 80+ Gold (Also a bit old, possibly 6+ years, dont remember exact model)

- RAM: Crucial CT8G4DFRA266 8GB DDR4 2666 MHz CL19 (x4)

- SSD: Samsung 860 512GB SATA

At some point I started hosting a Minecraft server for my friends to play on. Recently, I built a new water-cooled game server with a 5950X and moved the Minecraft server there. Since then, the web server had a very low load (0.0-0.2) and started crashing. When I watch the lm-sensors output, the CPU was running at ~300mv when it crashed, which sounds very low. I've also run 5 full memtests over a few hours, so it doesn't seem to be a RAM issue. I restarted the Minecraft server service to create some load, and it hasn't crashed since.

Since the CPU/PSU is old, could it be a low load stability issue?

Maybe you guys can help me figure out what the problem is so I know exactly which part to replace.

System : AMD R7 3800X / X570 ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero / 4x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-4000 CL18 ASUS Dual RX 6600XT / Lian Li O11Dynamic XL / 3x Magicool G2 Slim Radiator 16 FPI - 360mm 1000W Seasonic Focus GX 80+ Gold / 25" 360Hz 1920x1080p Dell AW2521H

Do you have some sort of CPU tweaks going on there? Undervolting/underclocking etc? Do you have C states and power saving stuff enabled in bios?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

12 minutes ago, Levent said:

Do you have some sort of CPU tweaks going on there? Undervolting/underclocking etc? Do you have C states and power saving stuff enabled in bios?

No tweaks/undervolting/underclocking/PBO enabled. I left the cpu options untouched, just changed all fans to full speed and auto start on power.

System : AMD R7 3800X / X570 ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero / 4x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-4000 CL18 ASUS Dual RX 6600XT / Lian Li O11Dynamic XL / 3x Magicool G2 Slim Radiator 16 FPI - 360mm 1000W Seasonic Focus GX 80+ Gold / 25" 360Hz 1920x1080p Dell AW2521H

Try prime95 smallffts and large ffts and see if any of them crash

For large ffts set cpu speed to a fixed speed like 3000mhz at a fixed stable volt like 1.2v to make sure the cpu isnt screwing up the results then if its stable retry with cpu settings stock aka auto

For small ffts large ffts has to be stable aka rams must be stable to make sure they dont interfere with the results so test large ffts first, though this is effectively a cpu burn test so make sure your cooling is good and the cpu isnt running at 90c or something

Run for 4 hours minimum

46 minutes ago, Talllion said:

No tweaks/undervolting/underclocking/PBO enabled. I left the cpu options untouched, just changed all fans to full speed and auto start on power.

try disabling PBO and C states alongside of any CPU power saving features.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I will try your ideas as soon as I find some time. Still my main intention is to replace the defective/aged part, bcs I think hotfixing this problem will not solve it for the future. Do you think it's more the motherboard, the CPU or even both?