RTX 3080ti - 1 or 2 PCIe cables

Budget (including currency): NA

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games and Game developpment (Unreal 5, Substance painter/designer, etc.)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello everyone,
I already have my PC build, but I came across an article that specified I needed 2 8pin PCIe cables to power my RTX 3080ti and that using 1 daisy chained cable was bad.

I am trying to fix that issue, so I contacted my PSU brand (Antec 850w) to order another cable but they are saying the PSU I have is discontinued and they can't supply me with a cable.

I tried looking on the internet (Amazon and many computer parts dealers), but all they sell are extensions to those PCIe cables and Corsair exclusives.

Any idea why ? Are those cables really just accessible by buying a new PSU ? Where can I find the cable I'm looking for without buying a whole new PSU ?

Thanks a lot,

Have a great day !

Kevin

29 minutes ago, kvino006 said:

Antec 850w

which 850w and how old is it?

If it doesn't have two pci-e cables then don't use it, buy a more modern unit that actually has the correct connectors for your hardware

Say the exact Antec model.

They use different OEMs ex Seasonic, CWT, others...

Your model could be made by Seasonic in which case the headers on the power supply would be the same as the ones on other Seasonic models so you could safely use Seasonic cables.

Thanks for the answers @emosunand @mariushm, I'll look up the exact Antec model.
I was hoping I could avoid having to get the exact model because I'll have to dissasemble a lot of parts to see the model, oh well... 😅

Thanks again