cloned windows to new drive but no boot option from it..

geekygamer

okay so i just installed a m.2 gen4 on my msi mpg z690 carbon wifi motherboard, i went ahead and clones my windows drive from my ssd to my new m.2 , the drive shows up in windows and bios but i can not select the m.2 drive as a boot as there is no option for it, even if i disconnect my windows drive and try to boot up there is no option to select m.2, can anyone help me?

You probably need to reconfigure the boot configuration/partition to the new drive.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Also clone implies you remove the old drive before booting.  you cant have 2 boot drives at the same time at standard configuration at least. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

13 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Also clone implies you remove the old drive before booting.  you cant have 2 boot drives at the same time at standard configuration at least. 

Yes i have disconnected my old boot drive but still no boot option selection for m.2

33 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

You probably need to reconfigure the boot configuration/partition to the new drive.

My prior was a 2.5 both are gpt because the boot drive is gpt, raid is not and i use easeus to clone 
So i did clone only the boot partition to new drive so ill try to clone the whole drive this time and see. 

6 minutes ago, geekygamer said:

So i did clone only the boot partition to new drive so ill try to clone the whole drive this time and see. 

That's the problem imo, you need to clone the efi partition as well or else you need to manually create an efi partition on the new M2 SSD.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

yeah, i always just cloned the whole drive, never an issue,  windows doesn't even seem to notice it.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

yeah, i always just cloned the whole drive, never an issue,  windows doesn't even seem to notice it.

Yes this did work, but another issue i ran to , so im also cloning my d drive to another m.2 my d drive has all my other files and programs but the problem im encountered is with onedrive cloud sync i cant seem to get some programs to work correctly because i have onecloud synce on, is there a way to run it without cloud sync cus i cant figure it out.. i have over 80gb cloud files to sync and im not trying to wait for that.. lmfao