Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Adding more HDDS to my Nas??

So I have a home Nas that I'm running and I'm wanting to add more HDDs to my case. It only has 6 HDD sleds but it's an older Silverstone case with the 5 and a half inch bay and I was thinking of getting one of those 5 hdd bays that'll fit into there but I'm not to sure if that'd be the best way. Any thoughts??

A 5.25" adapter for one or more hdd is a good, and simple, option if you have filled up the native hdd mounts. No need to go looking for a more complex solution to your problem imho.

It depends on how many drives you are trying to add. If it's in a 5.25" bay, why not just use 5.25 to 3.5" adapters to simplfy things? 

I used one of those 5 bay mounts in my NAS, but my case really wasn't designed for a NAS or a bunch of HDs, so I quickly ran out of room for HDs. It worked fine for my use case. One of these days though I'll just swap the case for something more proper:

spacer.png

On 5/17/2022 at 9:09 AM, OhioYJ said:

It depends on how many drives you are trying to add. If it's in a 5.25" bay, why not just use 5.25 to 3.5" adapters to simplfy things? 

I used one of those 5 bay mounts in my NAS, but my case really wasn't designed for a NAS or a bunch of HDs, so I quickly ran out of room for HDs. It worked fine for my use case. One of these days though I'll just swap the case for something more proper:

spacer.png

That's exactly what I was thinking of using that way I'd have 11 drives in total