What is the Weight of an empty LTT Backpack?

I didn't see anyone mentioned this before, but what is the weight of the LTT Backpack if nothing is inside it?

Weight is a factor for carry-on luggage as there is a 7kg limit and it affects how much stuff you can bring on plane.

9 hours ago, TheEndIsNear said:

I didn't see anyone mentioned this before, but what is the weight of the LTT Backpack if nothing is inside it?

Weight is a factor for carry-on luggage as there is a 7kg limit and it affects how much stuff you can bring on plane.

It does not weigh enough to cause any issues, if you are so worried, just get a scale to check it before leaving for the airport.

• 2 months later...
On 5/14/2022 at 5:42 AM, DANK_AS_gay said:

It does not weigh enough to cause any issues, if you are so worried, just get a scale to check it before leaving for the airport.

Most useless answer ever. 

Hey man, I've got this awesome car that you should buy, it's "fast"! 

Oh yeah? How fast does it go? What's the horsepower and the top speed?

Oh don't worry about it, just buy it now and you can take it to a dino or to a test-track and figure it out!

That guy asked a simple question and all you had to do was provide the weight of the bag, but apparently that was too hard for you.

People who aren't looking for heavy bags aren't going to just spend $250 (which isn't cheap for a bag btw) and find the answer after receiving it. Has it ever occurred to you that people may want to research these things before purchasing them?

The weight is relative as well. Some people aren't looking for bags over 1KG to use as their carry-on and there are plenty of bags over that weight. If you have a bag that's e.g. 1.8kg, you only have at most 5.2kg worth of stuff to fit in your bag. Whereas if you have a bag that only weighs 1kg, you get 6kg to use. That's 800g of difference and that is a significant difference. That's like fitting 3x Sony WH-1000XM4 in your bag (YES, 3 of those) and still have leftover weight to spare. This has got NOTHING to do with checking your bag weight before arriving at the airport. If the bag itself is heavy, then there's always a limit in how much leftover space/weight you can use.

If you've ever worn headphones before, especially for a long duration of time, then you'll know weight plays a big part. Small differences like 20~50G can actually be very important. A Bose QC35 II (235 grams) is considerably lighter than say an Apple Airpods Max (386 grams). Guess what, they're both "light" because they're under 500g, but there's a difference once you start wearing them. Weight is relative.

Anyway, I couldn't find the weight mentioned on their website but some guy on reddit mentioned it's 3.7 lbs, or 1.67 kg. That's actually quite heavy. This is the almost the same weight as a Nomatic Travel Pack (1.8 kg) and that bag is heavy to use when you're on an eScooter or bicycle commuting to work. People who are looking for light bags under 1.5 kg won't be able to use this.

1 hour ago, chaoscreater said:

Anyway, I couldn't find the weight mentioned on their website but some guy on reddit mentioned it's 3.7 lbs, or 1.67 kg.

It is on the site:

image.png.9be6fa3930f43bbfe53e22d7b215eb0f.png

What is missing is the length, width and height of the bag (or I'm blind). @LinusTech possible to add as well?

4 hours ago, chaoscreater said:

Most useless answer ever. 

Wow. The details of the bag didn't exist 2 months ago, and 3.7 pounds as was later revealed is literally nothing. Your laptop will weigh that much. 

That guy asked a simple question and all you had to do was provide the weight of the bag, but apparently that was too hard for you.

It didn't exist 2 months ago.

7KG = 15.4 lbs

15.4 - 3.7 = 11.7

Name a laptop that's 11.7 lbs. 11.7lbs is enough for a toothbrush, toothpaste, dentures, denture cream, sunscreen, a 3070 Noctua edition, various medicines, toilet paper, AND a gaming laptop.

How much does your backpack weigh? 30lbs? If so, how the hell did you find one that heavy. If not, then why does the weight matter?

If you've ever worn headphones before, especially for a long duration of time, then you'll know weight plays a big part. Small differences like 20~50G can actually be very important. A Bose QC35 II (235 grams) is considerably lighter than say an Apple Airpods Max (386 grams). Guess what, they're both "light" because they're under 500g, but there's a difference once you start wearing them. Weight is relative.

And the weight of a backpack pertains to this how exactly? And "it matters because I could only carry 2 Sony WH-1000XM4s instead of 3", isn't relevant. Think practical.

Anyway, I couldn't find the weight mentioned on their website but some guy on reddit mentioned it's 3.7 lbs, or 1.67 kg. That's actually quite heavy. This is the almost the same weight as a Nomatic Travel Pack (1.8 kg) and that bag is heavy to use when you're on an eScooter or bicycle commuting to work. People who are looking for light bags under 1.5 kg won't be able to use this.

Congrats on burying the answer underneath an even more useless rebuke to my answer. And you got mad at me for the useless answer.

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2022 at 10:25 AM, chaoscreater said:

Anyway, I couldn't find the weight mentioned on their website but some guy on reddit mentioned it's 3.7 lbs, or 1.67 kg.

Me neither, so a search engine brought me here. Was searching for "kg" and "weight" on the product page to no avail.

On 8/9/2022 at 3:21 PM, DANK_AS_gay said:

3.7 pounds as was later revealed is literally nothing.

Actually, no. It's too heavy, so I won't be getting it.

Someone I know has a backpack that isn't exactly ergonomic but weighs next to nothing. Maybe 250g. It's important because that person isn't allowed to lift more than 5kg for health reasons after an operation.

I thought I could do better than what they got by spending $250, but apparently not.

8 minutes ago, Bramimond said:

Someone I know has a backpack that isn't exactly ergonomic but weighs next to nothing. Maybe 250g. It's important because that person isn't allowed to lift more than 5kg for health reasons after an operation.

I thought I could do better than what they got by spending $250, but apparently not.

Why do you need a 250g backpack? I thought the other person had the operation?

4 hours ago, Bramimond said:

Me neither, so a search engine brought me here. Was searching for "kg" and "weight" on the product page to no avail.

Actually, no. It's too heavy, so I won't be getting it.

1.7kg for a backpack is definitely on the heavy side, especially for a 'basic' backpack.

My current daily backpack also has integrated wheels and a telescopic handle for when I'm being lazy (or overfill it), and only weighs 100g more at 1.8kg. Everyone always comments how heavy it is even when I have barely anything in it.

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

On 9/22/2022 at 8:22 PM, DANK_AS_gay said:

Why do you need a 250g backpack? I thought the other person had the operation?

I wouldn't have bought it for myself, obviously.

Personally, I don't like to carry around a backpack or a bag or anything. I have convenient solutions to carry all the things I need without any extra bags. For example, I use two hip flasks instead of a water bottle.

And the few times a year I do need to carry more, I just use what I already have.

18 minutes ago, Bramimond said:

I wouldn't have bought it for myself, obviously.

Personally, I don't like to carry around a backpack or a bag or anything. I have convenient solutions to carry all the things I need without any extra bags.

Utilikilt wearer spotted. 

Your "PC master race" thing is cringe. 

7 hours ago, Middcore said:

Utilikilt wearer spotted. 

The pockets are so big you and your bf can have a good time

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

What do people carry around that they actually /need/ a backpack for?

The only thing I actually need in mine is my laptop. I say need, I don't really need to take it everywhere, I just like to have it with me in case I get a call from work asking me to make a change on a report, and I know if I say I'll do it when I get back in, I won't because I'll have forgot by the time I hang up!

The only things I carry around with me are my keys, wallet, headphones and phone.

And even then, sometimes I don't even take my wallet or keys because I have my phone to pay for things, and I sometimes don't even lock the house because it's a faff getting my keys out!

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

13 hours ago, yolosnail said:

The only thing I actually need in mine is my laptop. I say need, I don't really need to take it everywhere, I just like to have it with me in case I get a call from work asking me to make a change on a report, and I know if I say I'll do it when I get back in, I won't because I'll have forgot by the time I hang up!

The only things I carry around with me are my keys, wallet, headphones and phone.

And even then, sometimes I don't even take my wallet or keys because I have my phone to pay for things, and I sometimes don't even lock the house because it's a faff getting my keys out!

If your wondering what people carry around in a backpack you may like to checkout the following thread:

What that does not include is what I carry on my person which is my phone and a Leatherman Surge. Also that's a pretty light day some days I'm also carrying around extra tools and cables for events I'm working on.

On 9/25/2022 at 2:19 PM, yolosnail said:

I don't even take my wallet or keys because I have my phone to pay for things

I never really carried my wallet before, but now I always do.

Simply because I found this.

On 9/24/2022 at 6:07 PM, Middcore said:

Utilikilt

Nope. I don't like to have tons of stuff in my pants pockets, either.

I'd rather put it on my belt.

On 9/25/2022 at 4:19 AM, yolosnail said:

Come to a travel for work job. Even with having a set camp I work at, I fly for work. Weather delays aren’t uncommon. A days worth of clothes, and extra pair or two of socks and underwear. Steam deck, medications, chargers, headphones, hair ties, combs, tobacco products. 
Come live in a place that’s sparsely populated. In my truck I have 2 backpacks in summer under the seats. One is a full kitted and routinely restocked trauma bag minus 02 bottle, but with tourniquets added. One has a sleeping pad and 2 changes of outerwear and 3 of under. In winter another backpack gets added with spare long johns, cold weather coat and wool socks. There’s also a folded up sleeping bag under the seat but above my subwoofer. Works great as a damper and works for sleeping in the truck. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

Project Hot Box

CPU 12900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU AMD Radeon 6800 XT FE, Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR sf600, Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 360, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPU Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, MSI 1070 Gaming X 8gb, Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, 5x Seagate IronWolf 8tb NAS(ZFS1), PSU Corsair RM1000x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans, OS Unraid

Why is the 5800x so hot?