Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PLZ HELLLP or did i screw myself

Go to solution Solved by neverlearn,
20 hours ago, LIGISTX said:

Make sure your BIOS is fully updated, and then try and select the XMP setting. 4000 MHz is pretty high... its possible your CPU just won't do 4000. What happens when you try and set XMP?

 

 

Black screen bois auto reset

Please help i had a nzxt custom build specs below am i screwed into 2400mhz at 1.2v i can't get xmp to work ddr4 4000mhz is what i have windows 11 pro btw.... please help these were high end parts i thought i know a cpl def are nzxt are no help 

Screenshot_20220512-192511_Gmail.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Have you confirmed that the RAM you got is what is supposed to be in the package? I've seen misboxed merchandise before that wasn't what the package said it was.

 

Also, pay close attention when selecting XMP / EDOC to be sure you're actually changing the option and saving the change in BIOS.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised

OP: My PC cuts off and crashes. Is the 1000W PSU enough?  ME: 1000W is plenty, PSU or system board could be faulty. Get both tested.

OP: I don't think so, both parts were purchased last week.        😒  Why bother asking if you second-guess the advice?

Friends don't let friends use Apple.                                              NOTE: Recently diagnosed autistic. If I ruffle your feathers, please be patient.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, neverlearn said:

Please help i had a nzxt custom build specs below am i screwed into 2400mhz at 1.2v i can't get xmp to work ddr4 4000mhz is what i have windows 11 pro btw.... please help these were high end parts i thought i know a cpl def are nzxt are no help 

Screenshot_20220512-192511_Gmail.jpg

Make sure your BIOS is fully updated, and then try and select the XMP setting. 4000 MHz is pretty high... its possible your CPU just won't do 4000. What happens when you try and set XMP?

 

 

Rig: i7 10700k @ 5.1Ghz, 4.8 Ring - - Z490 Vision G - - EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra @ 2025Mhz - - 4x8GB Vengeance Pro 3000Mhz 15-17-17-34 @ 3500MHz 16-19-19-38 - - Samsung 950 Pro 512 NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Samsung 830 Pro 256 RAID 0 Lightroom + Photo work - - WD Blue 1 TB SSD for Games - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - EK Supremacy Evo - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK Full Cover GPU Block - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

 

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

 

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 64 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - 10TB WD Red for expendable data - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

 

iPhone Xs - 2018 MacBook Air

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4000 is pretty high and in the zone of xmp may not work out of the box and you need to tweak some things like volt or timings

 

I suggest taking a look at thaiphoon burner to see what ics you have, its most likely b die and there should be alot of ocing profiles for it online that you can try

 

Personally i would just manually overclock the rams rather than relying on xmp with an internet guide as a reference but not everyone wants to spend a few hours tweaking timings and ram ocing, i suggest increasing the volt by 0.05v over the xmp and see if that helps or not, if that doesnt work increase it again by 0.05v, if that doesnt work try increasing vccio/vccsa abit, safe volt seems to be 1.4v from what ive read though you dont need to go higher unless you are an oc nut like me, use as much as you need and no more, if that doesnt work you may need to f around with other volts tied to ram oc or even the timings if thats whats causing the issue

 

 

Heres a good ram oc guide for ocing or troubleshooting, buildzoid is also a good source for info on ram oc but you may prefer to listen in the background due to his videos usually reaching an hour or more xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, LIGISTX said:

Make sure your BIOS is fully updated, and then try and select the XMP setting. 4000 MHz is pretty high... its possible your CPU just won't do 4000. What happens when you try and set XMP?

 

 

Im not too familar with how this bios works but when i select xmp  and save profile it black screens till bios resets lm ask when i select it in the bios im the advanced section itll show it changing to 4000mhz but never can get the voltages to change if dbl checked both cpu and motherboard are compatibale with that speed but been debating on getting some 3200mhz better brand  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

4000 is pretty high and in the zone of xmp may not work out of the box and you need to tweak some things like volt or timings

 

I suggest taking a look at thaiphoon burner to see what ics you have, its most likely b die and there should be alot of ocing profiles for it online that you can try

 

Personally i would just manually overclock the rams rather than relying on xmp with an internet guide as a reference but not everyone wants to spend a few hours tweaking timings and ram ocing, i suggest increasing the volt by 0.05v over the xmp and see if that helps or not, if that doesnt work increase it again by 0.05v, if that doesnt work try increasing vccio/vccsa abit, safe volt seems to be 1.4v from what ive read though you dont need to go higher unless you are an oc nut like me, use as much as you need and no more, if that doesnt work you may need to f around with other volts tied to ram oc or even the timings if thats whats causing the issue

 

 

Heres a good ram oc guide for ocing or troubleshooting, buildzoid is also a good source for info on ram oc but you may prefer to listen in the background due to his videos usually reaching an hour or more xD

Thanks and i have tried some manually it seems like my voltage isn't changing but that doesnt show till after loading but if I'm in advanced and go through and manually change or xmp itll show mhz change in the next colum of what the sytem will change to but voltage never changes and the right side of my screen that shows currently running cpu memory  forget the 3rd one but that part never changes and im going to check that one out from buildzoid I've seen alot of people having similar issues but they seemed to get their going pretty easily  im wondering if i just got unlucky and got a memory kit that just won't xmp or got to greedy going for the fastest available on the custom builder from nzxt if i cant get it after a lil more research getting a 3200mhz kit idk if 2400mhz will work for streaming and editing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, LIGISTX said:

Make sure your BIOS is fully updated, and then try and select the XMP setting. 4000 MHz is pretty high... its possible your CPU just won't do 4000. What happens when you try and set XMP?

 

 

Black screen bois auto reset

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, neverlearn said:

Black screen bois auto reset

Bios is on f9a latest for motherboard  I've seen others online with same issue with this configuration but the steps like manually changing doesn't work either id swear my mem voltage is not going up but thinking maybe i got b one of the unlucky times with a memory kit just will not xmp not sure but if i cant get it to do any faster than the 2400 1.2v it's stuck at(not sure if that's fast enough for streaming and editing) trying to get a 3200mhz kit gonna void my warranty but if idk i finally have a good case cooling graphics  card that if i. Choose to upgrade some parts might be a good thing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, neverlearn said:

Bios is on f9a latest for motherboard  I've seen others online with same issue with this configuration but the steps like manually changing doesn't work either id swear my mem voltage is not going up but thinking maybe i got b one of the unlucky times with a memory kit just will not xmp not sure but if i cant get it to do any faster than the 2400 1.2v it's stuck at(not sure if that's fast enough for streaming and editing) trying to get a 3200mhz kit gonna void my warranty but if idk i finally have a good case cooling graphics  card that if i. Choose to upgrade some parts might be a good thing

I’m a little confused as to what your saying here. 
 

But, I would set XMP which will set the voltage and timings which are needed for stability (you can’t just change the speed without adjusting timings), and then before saving and exiting the BIOS, reduce the speed from 4000 to 3200 or 3600. Then save. That should give you all the correct voltages and timings needed for 4000 MHz, but will relax the speed down to 3600 or 3200 which your memory controller should be able to handle. 

Rig: i7 10700k @ 5.1Ghz, 4.8 Ring - - Z490 Vision G - - EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra @ 2025Mhz - - 4x8GB Vengeance Pro 3000Mhz 15-17-17-34 @ 3500MHz 16-19-19-38 - - Samsung 950 Pro 512 NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Samsung 830 Pro 256 RAID 0 Lightroom + Photo work - - WD Blue 1 TB SSD for Games - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - EK Supremacy Evo - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK Full Cover GPU Block - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

 

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

 

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 64 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - 10TB WD Red for expendable data - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

 

iPhone Xs - 2018 MacBook Air

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, LIGISTX said:

I’m a little confused as to what your saying here. 
 

But, I would set XMP which will set the voltage and timings which are needed for stability (you can’t just change the speed without adjusting timings), and then before saving and exiting the BIOS, reduce the speed from 4000 to 3200 or 3600. Then save. That should give you all the correct voltages and timings needed for 4000 MHz, but will relax the speed down to 3600 or 3200 which your memory controller should be able to handle. 

Yeah ive tried doing all those steps and anytime i try to go over 1.2vs instant black screen ive gotten 3200mhz at 1.2vs to run anything over seems to be too much can 1.2vs run 3200hz OK i know there's a cpl other voltages settings needed to be adjusted to even allow the memory voltage to go up just ran sfc /scannow  everything good there bout to run a cpl stress test

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2022 at 8:01 PM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

4000 is pretty high and in the zone of xmp may not work out of the box and you need to tweak some things like volt or timings

 

I suggest taking a look at thaiphoon burner to see what ics you have, its most likely b die and there should be alot of ocing profiles for it online that you can try

 

Personally i would just manually overclock the rams rather than relying on xmp with an internet guide as a reference but not everyone wants to spend a few hours tweaking timings and ram ocing, i suggest increasing the volt by 0.05v over the xmp and see if that helps or not, if that doesnt work increase it again by 0.05v, if that doesnt work try increasing vccio/vccsa abit, safe volt seems to be 1.4v from what ive read though you dont need to go higher unless you are an oc nut like me, use as much as you need and no more, if that doesnt work you may need to f around with other volts tied to ram oc or even the timings if thats whats causing the issue

 

 

Heres a good ram oc guide for ocing or troubleshooting, buildzoid is also a good source for info on ram oc but you may prefer to listen in the background due to his videos usually reaching an hour or more xD

Is it weird that i cant seem to get my voltage over 1.2v....i just now got a stable run setting to 3200mhz at 1.2v but is that OK I'm gonna research as much as possible before tweaking with the voltages ive followed a few guides disabled any Intel/bios features that prevent increasing voltages honestly im just glad ive finally gotten any increase might even go back to 2933 if that's better at that voltage 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, neverlearn said:

Is it weird that i cant seem to get my voltage over 1.2v....i just now got a stable run setting to 3200mhz at 1.2v but is that OK I'm gonna research as much as possible before tweaking with the voltages ive followed a few guides disabled any Intel/bios features that prevent increasing voltages honestly im just glad ive finally gotten any increase might even go back to 2933 if that's better at that voltage 

1.2v is overly conservative, for a proper b die oc you should be running 1.6v+ with a fan, 1.5v is max w/o fan cause heat, you should not be running 1.2v as that is a massive waste of performance and basically means you bought a useless kit cause you arent evem running it at rated speed

 

Ram undervolt = very bad for most rams cause rip performance, and since its 4000mhz ram i doubt you have an ic that negatively scales with voltage like samsung c die

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

1.2v is overly conservative, for a proper b die oc you should be running 1.6v+ with a fan, 1.5v is max w/o fan cause heat, you should not be running 1.2v as that is a massive waste of performance and basically means you bought a useless kit cause you arent evem running it at rated speed

 

Ram undervolt = very bad for most rams cause rip performance, and since its 4000mhz ram i doubt you have an ic that negatively scales with voltage like samsung c die

That's what i thought I'm just trying to pinpoint why i can't get any increase in voltage I've seen several videoes and articles having similar issues with nearly identical specs i can get the cpu core voltage to increase when putting a small overclock to the cpu... ive ran all the sytem tests to make sure there hasn't been any damage  done thankfully 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, neverlearn said:

That's what i thought I'm just trying to pinpoint why i can't get any increase in voltage I've seen several videoes and articles having similar issues with nearly identical specs i can get the cpu core voltage to increase when putting a small overclock to the cpu... ive ran all the sytem tests to make sure there hasn't been any damage  done thankfully 

You don’t need to do anything except enable XMP.

 

Why are you saying you can’t get the voltage go up? Your changing settings and saving the BIOS settings and it isn’t actually applying? You have to load XMP, hit f10 to save and exit BIOS, and on reboot it should be applied. 
 

We need more detail into what is happening, I’m still confused as to what is actually going on.

 

And no, 1.2v is not at all enough voltage to get the memory stable at speeds over 2133 or 2400. RAM is incredibly difficult to test for stability and when it’s unstable it slowly wrecks havoc on your system by slowly corrupting everything… it’s not like CPU overclocking, it’s hard to do, hard to get stable, and will mess things up. Don’t make assumptions that it’s stable just because it boots and seems to work. Not saying this to scare you, just saying this to say you really need to get XMP working, because you probably don’t want to try and manually set RAM settings. 

Rig: i7 10700k @ 5.1Ghz, 4.8 Ring - - Z490 Vision G - - EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra @ 2025Mhz - - 4x8GB Vengeance Pro 3000Mhz 15-17-17-34 @ 3500MHz 16-19-19-38 - - Samsung 950 Pro 512 NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Samsung 830 Pro 256 RAID 0 Lightroom + Photo work - - WD Blue 1 TB SSD for Games - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - EK Supremacy Evo - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK Full Cover GPU Block - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

 

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

 

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 64 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - 10TB WD Red for expendable data - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

 

iPhone Xs - 2018 MacBook Air

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×