Who has had their Seasonic PSU replaced by Seasonic due to RTX 3080/3090 shutdown issue

hamilton21017

I contacted Seasonic via the Japanese distributor.
The answer was that there was 100% no history of the cable being replaced.
Are they still liars?

Qcr0Oi5.jpg

"Regarding the change of the modular cable you contacted us about.
SEASONIC has responded today.
SEASONIC has informed us that there is no evidence that the cables have been replaced overseas."

They are not replacing parts in the 2021 model.
They have tested it on the 2019 model and no problems occurred.
Is the probability at a very low level?

One of the most knowledgeable people on the planet regarding PSUs came into the thread and you did not listen to him.

Based on what I've just read in this thread, if the issue isn't occuring now it is very unlikely to occur in the future.

Do you understand?
I'm getting a no-questions-asked answer from Seasonic that there is absolutely no history of cable replacement.
Do you have any proof that you had a replacement done?
Let's see it.
If there is no proof, then he has been misled into believing that the replacement was done.

I again tried to confirm with Seasonic.
The answer was still the same.
Do you understand?

"Even overseas.
Seasonic has informed us that they have never replaced the cables."

bhyja7C.jpg

Are there any users who, like me, have solved the problem after replacing the power supply with a 2021 model Seasonic power supply?

https://i.imgur.com/7qZ8QRY.jpg

I have not experienced a shutdown for two months immediately after the replacement.
To Seasonic, "Have any parts been replaced?"
The answer was "NO".
Likewise, Sleepycat3 had the same problem as me and he replaced it with the March 2021 model.
He said nothing has happened in the 6 months since then.
I would like to see more than one "experienced" person.
I would like to see a show of hands from users who have exchanged and no longer experience the problem.

Why? what you want to proof with this? Yes Seasonic Focus had problems before, no it does not have problems in their 2021 lineup.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

Thanks for the answer.
No, I simply want to know which users actually did the replacement to the 2021 model after it caused shutdown problems.
Have they had any problems since the replacement? This is all I want to know. The headcount is what I want to know.

6 hours ago, hamilton21017 said:

Are there any users who, like me, have solved the problem after replacing the power supply with a 2021 model Seasonic power supply?

https://i.imgur.com/7qZ8QRY.jpg

I have not experienced a shutdown for two months immediately after the replacement.
To Seasonic, "Have any parts been replaced?"
The answer was "NO".
Likewise, Sleepycat3 had the same problem as me and he replaced it with the March 2021 model.
He said nothing has happened in the 6 months since then.
I would like to see more than one "experienced" person.
I would like to see a show of hands from users who have exchanged and no longer experience the problem.

Bottom line is that whoever you're talking to at Seasonic (probably just some customer service rep) has no purview to the issue or Seasonic isn't being transparent.

I've seen at least three people on Reddit that when they tried to RMA their PSU and informed Seasonic that they had a Ampere card, Seasonic said not to send in the PSU and they sent out a cable instead.

As I said in your other thread, I've already studied this issue.  Noise from the PCIe slot is feeding back to the PSU via the +12V sense wire.  This can be remedied by either removing the +12V sense wire or winding the wire around a ferrite bead.

I suggest you stop creating new threads hoping that someone comes along and gives you the answer you want... as opposed to the answer you need.

SeaSonic (Japan?) is saying there is NO record of this PSU problem / cable problem.

Yet, there was been numerous, repeatable, reports in the North American (and I assume European) regions.

Even records of investigations, in-depth analysis, and tests with lab tools to confirm this.

That is....odd...

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

27 minutes ago, -rascal- said:

SeaSonic (Japan?) is saying there is NO record of this PSU problem / cable problem.

Yet, there was been numerous, repeatable, reports in the North American (and I assume European) regions.

Even records of investigations, in-depth analysis, and tests with lab tools to confirm this.

That is....odd...

See, I wonder if it's a "We removed a wire, but kept the same part number. Therefore, we made no changes to the parts or the PSU to fix the problem." 

I see it all the time in my particular industry with superseded part numbers.

Oh that window was 5mm too big on this side? New part number. We weren't wrong, there's just an easier way to do it. Etc.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Thank you for your answer.
In my part of Japan, according to Owltec's answer....
"We are not 100% able to replace the cable only, and the entire unit will be replaced".
In Japan, we cannot get the true meaning of this.
If it is after 2022, I got the answer in Japan that the latest model now is the "September 2021" model.
In other words, it is extremely difficult to obtain a cable-measured set today.

-= Topics Merged =-

There is no need to repost this topic. Members can revive their own topics to continue a conversation.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, hamilton21017 said:

Thank you for your answer.
In my part of Japan, according to Owltec's answer....
"We are not 100% able to replace the cable only, and the entire unit will be replaced".
In Japan, we cannot get the true meaning of this.
If it is after 2022, I got the answer in Japan that the latest model now is the "September 2021" model.
In other words, it is extremely difficult to obtain a cable-measured set today.

Owltech?  You said you contacted Seasonic.  Owltech is not Seasonic.

Probably nobody at Owltech knows.  That's your problem.

Understood.
I will ask Seasonic directly, not through a Japanese distributor.
I will report back.
After that, I exchanged views with Sleepycat3, whom you all know.
He was currently using a model released in March 2021.
It has been almost 6 months since the replacement and he said that he has not experienced any problems.
He also provided us with a product image of the wire section that he requested.

BCwljYc.jpg

It appears that this is not addressed in the cable that comes with the product for all 2021 models.
I am a June 2021 model.

2 hours ago, hamilton21017 said:

Understood.
I will ask Seasonic directly, not through a Japanese distributor.
I will report back.
After that, I exchanged views with Sleepycat3, whom you all know.
He was currently using a model released in March 2021.
It has been almost 6 months since the replacement and he said that he has not experienced any problems.
He also provided us with a product image of the wire section that he requested.

BCwljYc.jpg

It appears that this is not addressed in the cable that comes with the product for all 2021 models.
I am a June 2021 model.

I didn't say that replacement units were shipped without a +12V sense wire.  I said that those who asked for a replacement with an Ampere card were provided a cable without the +12V sense in lieu of replacing their PSU.  If they fixed the actual issue without having to remove the +12V sense, then why remove the +12V sense.

Look... your pushing on this is really borderline trolling.  It makes zero sense why you're constantly pushing this.  You're really just pissing me off at this point.

No, it is not.
You are making a big mistake.
If a shutdown occurs on a June 2021 model, it must be removed.
Of course, it can happen.
In fact, a Japanese distributor did a test with a 2019 model at my selfish request.
However, no accidents occurred.
I have no idea when it will happen, or under what combination of conditions.
This is just a precautionary measure in case it might happen again someday.
I will not run this now.

At that time I will purchase a separate "cable mod" and will not use the stock cable.
Molex Connector Part Number - 11-03-0044

CableMod RT-Series PRO ModFlex Cable Kit for ASUS and Seasonic – BLACK – CableMod

I will be honest and tell the truth here.
The accident in my case, and how it started.
 It started when loading "Call of Duty Vanguard".
https://www.engineowning.to/shop/purchase/26
I committed a crime.
Now I can't do a load test because I have been banned.
Since the accident occurred in conjunction with the use of this crime program, I am wondering if there is any, connection? I am wondering.
If the current situation is happening because of the punishment for this then we must accept this situation.

In fact, a Japanese distributor did a test with a 2019 model at my selfish request.

What cards did they test with ?, and secondly, which card series and model did the the problems occur the most with ? (From the start of the problem certain ones popped up overwhelmingly).

No, it is not.
You are making a big mistake.

No, it is incorrect to say this, @jonnyGURUis right and there is irrefutable proof from a third respected party. The platform that should "theoretically" have the issue, but doesn't, is the new EVGA G6, and Aris from Techpowerup/Tomshardware/Cybenetics reviews clearly listed and mentioned a different "Weltrend" Supervisor IC compared to original Seasonic units. I checked reviews/teardowns for all seasonic and seasonic platform based units, and most if not all of them have the old Supervisor ICs. As this Supervisor was the main part of the PSU where the issue is happening, changing it and adjusting something else on the PSU would equally solve the problem.

There is not logical reasoning for EVGA to push for a different Supervisor IC if they just together with Seasonic if they just solved it with removing the wire. It's also very likely the new IC isn't even needed for the fix, but EVGA went the extra mile to future proof or something, but again it makes wire solution unlikely.

On another note, Antec Signature doesn't seem to have the issue, and launched earlier in 2020, and Aris doesn't list a different Supervisor IC so they probably solved it another way (but it's also possible Aris copy pasted the IC serial number, so who knows).

Additionally the most logical explanation for the situation is that Seasonic  OneSeasonic revision does indeed solve this issue, but what happened is the OneSeasonic revision for the focus happened relatively fast and way back in ~2019, but the OneSeasonic revision for the Primes, and especially the high wattage primes took way longer, possibly into 2021 as well. (I've, now and then tracked and observed launch dates for the new high wattage Units, and while a decent amount launched in 2020, some of them launched as late as Q3/Q4 2021). 

To summarize, Seasonic wasn't lying when they answered everyone's question, and RMA questions with "OneSeasonic solves any issues". It's just that the OneSeasonic revision was stretched out so long for the Primes, there were old units floating around, for even up until ~9-12months ago in some parts of the world (from official shops). The covid and other shipping issues certainly didn't help, so they smartly towed the line, and just waited the storm out till they finished the OneSeasonic revision, and there were no more old units sold anywhere in the world (ty mining xD). 

Check the link below, The last OneSeasonic Prime unit showed up on the EU market in November 2021, which is probably the official end of the OneSeasonic revision.

https://geizhals.eu/seasonic-prime-px-1300-1300w-atx-2-4-prime-px-1300-a2630702.html?hloc=at&hloc=de&hloc=eu&hloc=pl&hloc=uk

This is what makes the most sense to me from all I've read.

14 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

or winding the wire around a ferrite bead.

This ended up supposedly only working short-medium term, and failed in the long run for the Sleepycat user who tried to fix it that way on the other forum. He used a "ferrite choke lying around from an old Sony Handycam cam"

Dogzilla07
I provide the image for your reference.
My country's distributor has prepared an environment almost similar to this one and conducted a test experiment with an older 2019 model(TX-850).
If this is true.

x8a0ud6.jpg

Measures taken by Sleepy Cat.
So does this mean that wire removal is only a short term solution and not a recurrence prevention measure?

It is hard to understand.
In other words, was there a delay in taking countermeasures for the "TiTANIUM" series?
And does it mean that the start of sales of the 2021 models with countermeasures to mass retailers around the world was delayed considerably?

(A well-known game title that had no problems for two months after being replaced with a 2021 model.)
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Horizon Zero Dawn
Cyberpunk 2077
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
ELDEN RING
DEATHLOOP
FarCry6
DyingLight2
TomClancy'sTheDivision2
Battlefield2042
Ghostwire:Tokyo
GodofWar

(Also, benchmark tests that have been tested in parallel with games for 2 months with no problems at all)
FurMark+Prime95 SmallFFT

10 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

This ended up supposedly only working short-medium term, and failed in the long run for the Sleepycat user who tried to fix it that way on the other forum. He used a "ferrite choke lying around from an old Sony Handycam cam"

Oh.. Well,  should've worked.

https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/technical-articles/choosing-and-using-ferrite-beads/

High Power uses the ferrite bean on the +12V sense wire in their PSUs.  That's how I learned about it.

@Sleepycat3Hey, do you remember, what happened exactly, and how long were you running the choke before it stopped working ?

I found this post on your topic on overclock: "putting it through its paces with the tensor loads that used to shut my old SSR-850PD PSU down, even after clamping the sense wire (that fix only worked for a few weeks)."

10 hours ago, hamilton21017 said:

So does this mean that wire removal is only a short term solution and not a recurrence prevention measure?

It is hard to understand.

It's very straightforward:

1. bean/choke should fix, @Sleepycat3lasted only a few weeks, need more details

2. removing the sense pin works 100% (with no time limit)

3. fixed units are fixed

4. It's very unlikely there's any new Seasonic ones sold as of few months ago that are not fixed.

We would have seen more people pop up with issues otherwise, as Seasonic sales are as strong as ever, due to high profile youtuber in-video advertisting.

4. It's very unlikely there's any new Seasonic ones sold as of few months ago that are not fixed.

I also exchanged information directly with Sleepycat3.
Mutual question.
Models after 2021 are 100% problem-free.
Can we trust them 100%?
I need a yes or no answer.

5 minutes ago, hamilton21017 said:

I also exchanged information directly with Sleepycat3.
Mutual question.
Models after 2021 are 100% problem-free.
Can we trust them 100%?
I need a yes or no answer.

Nobody here has that definitive answer.  You need to ask Seasonic (not Owltech).

https://i.imgur.com/xI8zgVJ.jpg

I actually contacted Seasonic once when I experienced this shutdown problem and had to replace it.
See image.
It states in passing, "In the current unit..."
This was shortly before I came to this forum.
Based on that, I contacted the Japanese distributor.
However, they replied that they knew nothing about it and had never heard of it.
I was puzzled and angry.
This was the background and circumstances.
I apologize for that.