What's the best light foldable electric scooter? (Or skateboard mayhaps?)

Joduko

My commute is a 45 minute walk one-way to or from work. When the weather is nice like autumn and spring, I walk. A fraction of the time my other family members are able to give me a ride as well, but when walking isn't desirable and family/co-workers can't give me a ride I often schedule and uber/lyft which is usually around 10-12 dollars after tip. If there were a bus on this route I would take it, but this is American urban planning HELL and that does not exist on the roads to my job.

I want something compatible with other means of public transport, light/foldable, able to be brought onto an uber or bus. i.e. not a bike
Preferable under 40lb, foldable
No budget set in particular, I'll consider almost any price within reason if the quality is there.

I don't need any particular speed or battery life requirement. As long as it can beat my walking pace even a little and last 3-5 hours atleast.

Side note: my usual routes do not feature any steep inclines that should be an issue.

-> Moved to Hobby Electronics

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Don't know if they're available in the US but I've had an e-twow Booster S2 for 5 years now, recently looked at the market again and that brand would still be my choice because unlike pretty much everyone else who's going "more power for bigger numbers, but then super heavy" they're very portable at 12-13kg.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

11 hours ago, NastyFlytrap said:

NOT a onewheel.

Please for the love of god dont buy a onewheel. You'll regret it

I had to search what that was, and I can say: LOL no.

On 5/6/2022 at 6:25 PM, Joduko said:

As long as it can beat my walking pace even a little and last 3-5 hours atleast.

An eskateboard could beat your walking pace but for 3-5 hours you'd need an impressive battery.

I'd just get a bike because it's so much faster, more efficient and safer than any kind of escooter/skate-thing. You'd give up public transport compatibility but IMO that's not a problem because the bike is a worthy replacement for public transport. (especially if it's electric).

• 2 months later...
On 5/6/2022 at 12:55 PM, Kilrah said:

Don't know if they're available in the US but I've had an e-twow Booster S2 for 5 years now, recently looked at the market again and that brand would still be my choice because unlike pretty much everyone else who's going "more power for bigger numbers, but then super heavy" they're very portable at 12-13kg.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QPLP8XG/?coliid=I2DD0Y8I4VK9Z0&colid=11VH5EZTOGK2R&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
I couldn't find the model you listed for sale, but I do see this on Amazon and it's the same brand and also under 30lb.
Any thoughts?

Yeah, those would newer versions. There have been tons of variants/versions around the same chassis, haven't really kept up with the news since mine works 😄

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

9 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Yeah, those would newer versions. There have been tons of variants/versions around the same chassis, haven't really kept up with the news since mine works 😄

Okay I think I'm gonna get it then. I'll remember to share my experience here after. I also want to get a Dutch style bicycle, I just feel less safe around all the high speed traffic on a bicycle, but IDK if it's well justified.