This was supposed to be easy

AdamFromLTT

Linus and David set out to have a relaxing time doing a screen upgrade on their most beloved handhelds: A Sega Game Gear and PS Vita. But in true LTT fashion, things go very, very wrong. Join us on this rollercoaster ride of a repair.

Parts List

Buy a PS Vita Screen Replacement: https://lmg.gg/HUP0V

Buy a PS Vita Battery Replacement: https://lmg.gg/EMXzj

Buy a GBA IPS Screen Kit: https://lmg.gg/PmQIX

Buy a BennVenn Sega Game Gear Display: https://lmg.gg/CqniP

Buy a Mathijs Sega Game Gear Amp board: https://lmg.gg/UV169

Buy a Retro Modding Glass Sega Game Gear Screen: https://lmg.gg/vlYDe

Buy a Retro Modding Sega Game Gear Capacitor Kit: https://lmg.gg/zQ75W

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Did something similar but replacing everything with the mame gear upgrade kit: 

Why did you show the Shadow Rise fight of all the things to show in P4G lmao

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

"Sega, I know your hardware division can't hear me now from the depths of hell..."

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I had a PSP with a dead screen, bought another one for cheap with a broken ABXY button array. but with a working screen, So frankenmodded it to a working one

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

@LinusTech would probably find this tidbit about my life hilarious.  

As a toddler (3-4 years old), I was playing games on the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, obviously Sonic, but notably, Mortal Kombat, the game that became the poster child for video game violence. Kind of hard to imagine a child that wasn’t even toilet trained, be ripping out spines by night, and settle down to watch some Barney by day. 

If 90’s sensationalist media is to be believed, I should probably be in prison for some sort of violence. I seem to be bucking the trend though. 😝

For my GBA SP, I wonder how easy it would be to update the front light? Tbh, I kind of want to keep the original screen, but would like to stick some more modern, high CRI (maybe some low powered Yujis), LEDs in there. 

Love how intimidated Linus was at the soldered ribbon cable. I watched a ton of Louis Rossmann, so when I was doing my J-std, I found picking up SMT soldering to be way easier than through-holes. 

Get a microscope too. A microscope with good lighting (maybe a DIY light) is a huge help for this stuff. Leica has some really nice wide-field microscopes that aren’t terribly expensive. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Great video.  Love this kind of content, while I still may tune in for stupid cooler tricks (looking at you vortex cooler),  this is something I'll actually come back to do mods on my old retro gear.

David is great in front of the camera and Dan was hilarious.  Looking forward to more content from both.

It's worth remembering in modern times where you have adult orientated games on consoles as well as PC that back in the 80's/early 90's videogame consoles (especially hand held) were targeted at children, security screws were important to stop them being able to easily disassemble them.

Similar story here playing Carmageddon 2 that was on the shared pc between me & my older brother ca 1999 -  2001.
I still boot up Carmageddon 2 & the old games i played back then sometimes like ignition, Monster truck madness 1,2, Colin Mcrae etc & with the brender engine that was used in Carmageddon 1,2 getting the ok too go open source i hope we get more modern ports of the first 2 Carmageddon games.

Unlike Linus I did open mine as a kid, and since bits for that %ç*& screw weren't available the hole for it has the typical markings of misusing a pair of flat screwdrivers to try and grab at it... screw was subsequently thrown away in frustration. 

I didn't do any mods but had to recap it a few years ago. Also got a glass front panel replacement but didn't install it because IMO the bubbly plastic has some charm... might try to polish that once to see if I can get it back to better status.

Screen replacement - I'm torn because it's a nice reminder of how terrible things were, kinda like it original 😄 

I used to have the TV tuner (unfortunately died ince when extending the antenna pulled it out of the slot while powered) and a friend had given me the external rechargeable battery pack, don't think I have it anymore though 😞

image.thumb.jpeg.47f76e0e94fff4b7c4ee89db8fea2c6e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.25733f776a88c041b8aebdf810428a64.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.37fa1a9ad385c98c2511bb2ca53e43aa.jpeg

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2