OP’s post should be in all the pages

Please make OP/1st post appear in all the pages.  That way, for those of us that prefer to jump to the last page to see the latest comments, we won’t need to go back to the 1st page to view the OP. 

Side note: is there a way to make the forum post infinite scrolling?

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

Uh..... NO.
No infinite scrolling please.

Already ran into that elsewhere and makes it a TOTAL bitch to use a site vs having pages which breaks things into manageable sections if doing a search, plus tends to make everything lump up together anyway. 

No reference point for future searches about something; Just scroll, scroll, scroll, until your scrolling finger cramps. Page up/down isn't too useful either since it's SO easy to miss crap as it quickly scrolls by without "Reference' to where you are during your search when you may spot it. Also to go back to the place in the thread where you found it means this scrolling all over again and that's not including other posts that may have piled on since your last search. 

The current page system works, divides things up so searches aren't that bad and will give easier reference to "Where" it is if looking for something.
I mean why fix what ain't broken in the first place?
Leave things as is. 

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Both of these should be toggle options at most. Though I see very little value of showing OPs post on every page. Only in some news threads where it goes past 5th page. Usually its unwanted way to approach by just replying to first post and couple of lasts.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

"Though I see very little value of showing OPs post on every page."

that and makes the page a lot more busy to deal with.

But it could be nice in some threads for a toggle to show the OP, below or at the top of an page, but is always closed until clicked on. not sure.

I personally am not a fan of these idea's, but can understand others would.
Like said if implemented should be on option.

But the pages on this forum load so fast, i have no need for infinite scrolling.

And if i need to read OP, its a click away.

I do however think that answers should be below OP and not above, but thats another discussion. 😄

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

3 hours ago, James Evens said:

What would be useful if OP post are marked.

Similar to how it is done here: https://www.computerbase.de/forum/threads/mobackup-fehlermeldung-mit-exchange-server.2081270/

This has been feature for couple of years at this point.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Never noticed it.

Eyes probably fixed to the left screen half when scrolling through threads.

If you're on light mode and not dark mode, it doesn't stand out nearly as well either.

image.png.b7b3caf5b57c4b2ba15fcb90002102a1.png

image.png.a15fe23faa71d62a9ee3b6ad16343736.png

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

On 4/15/2022 at 4:01 PM, LogicalDrm said:

This has been feature for couple of years at this point.

21 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

The OP's posts have an orange "Author" badge in the top right.

Are you really sure?

Screenshot_52.png

The author badge does show up if the OP makes another post, but never has on the first one for me.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

25 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Are you really sure?

Screenshot_52.png

The author badge does show up if the OP makes another post, but never has on the first one for me.

Correct, it doesn't show up on the first post in the topic because that gives you no additional information - it was posted by the topic author by virtue of being the first post.

HTTP/2 203

5 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

Are you really sure?

Screenshot_52.png

Question becomes, why it would need to be there?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 4/13/2022 at 3:55 PM, colonel_mortis said:

What sort of topics do you expect this to be useful for? In a lot of topics, jumping to the most recent comments is not necessarily something we want to encourage, because then you miss a bunch of context.

The inverse also applies: there may have been a whole set of queries or misunderstandings that would already resolved few pages later.

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

Mobile devices

image.thumb.png.b0f4a843726eb830f3bd6c8a0432600d.png

It does show on posts that aren't the 1st ones

Desktop

Mobile devices

On 4/13/2022 at 5:03 AM, YamiYukiSenpai said:

Please make OP/1st post appear in all the pages.  That way, for those of us that prefer to jump to the last page to see the latest comments, we won’t need to go back to the 1st page to view the OP. 

This is what I was addressing.
I'll say again infinite scrolling makes a site a royal beeotch to use for the reasons I gave in my last post.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

8 hours ago, Caroline said:

It's not infinite scrolling, it's the same page system except with the OP at the top of each page.

OP asked about two things, one of which is infinite scrolling:

On 4/13/2022 at 6:03 AM, YamiYukiSenpai said:

Infinite scrolling sounds like a terrible choice for a forum like this. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

I guess a working example of infinite scrolling is needed to get the point across.
Try this site out and see how it goes for you with searches and all else.
The front page has pages but when you start searching for things related to a search for a pop within a series is when it gets bad.
For gits and shiggles try a search for "Rick and Morty" or for something like "Superman".
Pop Price Guide - Everything Funko