The Prettiest Gaming Setup - Intel $5,000 Extreme Tech Upgrade

SeanLMG
8 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

I'm with emosun on this. Too many today focus on making it look good more than making it perform. Words of wisdom from the dragstrip -- a pretty paint job and sponsor stickers mean nothing when a guy shows up with a big-block 429 stuffed into a rusty '73 Pinto hatchback he spent $10,000 building and beats your $70,000 HellCat like a Cherokee drum. Or as a lot of the veterans said when I was driving commercial trucks OTR -- "chrome doesn't get you home." I'd rather spend more on what matters -- board, CPU, GPU, cooling -- THAT'S what's really important.

i didn't say anything like that

I'm with emosun on this. Too many today focus on making it look good more than making it perform. Words of wisdom from the dragstrip -- a pretty paint job and sponsor stickers mean nothing when a guy shows up with a big-block 429 stuffed into a rusty '73 Pinto hatchback he spent $10,000 building and beats your $70,000 HellCat like a Cherokee drum. Or as a lot of the veterans said when I was driving commercial trucks OTR -- "chrome doesn't get you home." I'd rather spend more on what matters -- board, CPU, GPU, cooling -- THAT'S what's really important.

The drag strip is a competition. This isn't. If you were the one with five grand in "house money," you could ensure every single component choice was optimized for performance-per-dollar. But you weren't, Sarah was, and she picked out a build that met her needs and made her happy. 

These videos would become pretty boring pretty fast if everything prioritized the exact same things. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

At the same time it seems pretty clear that Sarah made choices not just based off their colour but also her use-case. I know in my case since I might try running simulations I'd want to mostly prioritize power, but in my case I'd agree with emosun in that the build looks fine but not especially pretty. There's photos and videos of LTT showing off really neat looking systems, and some that could be argued to be pretty. Standard parts black/white RGB though isn't especially pretty. It looks nice, but not the prettiest.

19 minutes ago, emosun said:

i didn't say anything like that

I never said you did. I guess the point I was trying to make is that 'pretty' is subjective, because beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, for starters. And secondly, 'pretty' doesn't really do anything for improving performance. But when something is said to be pretty and it's kind of a letdown in that area on top of not performing well...

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 9:51 PM, asquirrel said:

I've been looking forward to this one. I had no idea Sarah and Jake were a thing. The 6" joke is the best joke in this entire video. And I agree, Arlo stole the show. Jake's cat is just too puurrrrrrdy.

Since when were they a thing???

Specs: 11700 | RTX 3060 | 32gb 3200mhz | 1tb 970 + 2TB HDD | Lian Li O11D Mini X Black

I'm 15 and live in the US

2 minutes ago, cat milker said:

Since when were they a thing???

Not really our business.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

27 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Not really our business.

I MUST know NOW. I have to know everything about any relationship that ever happens in all of media! My life depends on it!

• 7 months later...