Sponsorship Suggestion/Complaint Thread - April 2022

JonoT
On 5/17/2022 at 4:23 AM, EmilyShabang said:

Does UGreen make good products? I bought a cable from them a few years ago but honestly don't know if it's quality or not

I bought their USB-C 2.5GbE adapter. It would overheat after 5 minutes of usage and could not sustain that throughput.

On 4/4/2022 at 11:50 PM, Lurick said:

Suggestion/question more than anything but Savage Jerky was always an interesting/good one. I know there were some issues with Linus eating the jerky on the WAN show but beyond that they seemed solid, hopefully the relationship/sponsorship gets picked back up at some time as I know they've got new flavors out too which I grabbed to try 😄

The jerky was good and I never had to complain about anything so I'm not 100% sure if there was a reason (not sure how the CS was) they stopped working with LTT or vice versa but hopefully they'll come back at some point.

Ridiculously high priced jerky however 

I’m definitely exploring this crazy world

On 5/17/2022 at 7:23 AM, EmilyShabang said:

Does UGreen make good products? I bought a cable from them a few years ago but honestly don't know if it's quality or not

I have a hard drive adapter and a enclosure and they are awesome havent had any problems

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

No May thread? Guess were using this one then…

sad to see NordPass got a spot with LMG… hope it was enough money, seeing as most of us tech savvy viewers were already aware of the NordVPN controversy a while ago… as if im trusting that company with MY PASSWORDS!!!

I was REALLY surprised to see the Nordpass spot too. From what I recall, their whole handling of that incident was a total dumpster fire. And I don't know that they would have substantially changed.

On 5/28/2022 at 4:08 PM, volatus146 said:

No May thread? Guess were using this one then…

sad to see NordPass got a spot with LMG… hope it was enough money, seeing as most of us tech savvy viewers were already aware of the NordVPN controversy a while ago… as if im trusting that company with MY PASSWORDS!!!

There is one they just didn't label it as May thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 7:23 PM, EmilyShabang said:

Well, UGreen is quite a reputable manufacturer, though you have to be careful to read through the description. I bought USB-C to USB-C cable only to find out it supports USB 2.0. But the cable is nylon sleeved and looks pretty premium. The price is pretty cheap too.

I also use their 10-in-1 USB-C hub with 3 USB 3.0 ports, a USB-C PD pass through (unfortunately, this meant for charger only), SD Card and micro SD card slot, HDMI, VGA, headphone jack and 1Gbps Ethernet and I have no problem with it. Works like a charm.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 12:44 AM, volatus146 said:

i can 100% confirm this

Voltas turned to shit.

Digging up an old thread, but relevant to this…

i had to buy another volta cable (begrudgingly), they now no longer have any stock in Australia. All of my cables have come from NSW in the past, no idea how long this will take as i expected 2-3 day express shipping from across the country, not across the world.

E9EF6DC9-EB90-400E-8A79-CAEFF993F730.jpeg

• 3 months later...

I don't know where else to post it but this seem to be the most recent "active" thread that is somewhat related to my question. A while back I saw a video on linus tech tips (or another channel ran by you guys) that was sponsored by a company that makes rugs. I'm in the market for a rug, but I can't find that sponsor anywhere. Am I just going crazy?

6 hours ago, MrZoraman said:

I don't know where else to post it but this seem to be the most recent "active" thread that is somewhat related to my question. A while back I saw a video on linus tech tips (or another channel ran by you guys) that was sponsored by a company that makes rugs. I'm in the market for a rug, but I can't find that sponsor anywhere. Am I just going crazy?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

12 hours ago, MrZoraman said:

That'd be ruggable! I don't know if the discount is still active, but here's the most recent promotion: 10% off your purchase with promo code LINUSTECHTIPS10 at https://glnk.io/ljmq/linus-tech-tips

Why is this still open when it clearly states in the title and first post that it is just for April?

Can we have these weekly like they are supposed to be.

2 hours ago, Kn0wn said:

Why is this still open when it clearly states in the title and first post that it is just for April?

Can we have these weekly like they are supposed to be.

We actually changed it to be two separate general threads instead of weekly ones:

LMG Sponsor Complaints and LMG Sponsor Suggestions

Locking this thread so people can stick to posting in those!