Sponsorship Suggestion/Complaint Thread - April 2022

JonoT

Just a comment about Vessi, maybe I'm mistaken but I can't seem to use the offer codes on kids shoes.  Would be brilliant if it applied beyond Men's and Women's.  Thanks!

On 4/16/2022 at 6:51 AM, Quayleman89 said:

Sizzle popcorn... They hide the tracking# behind a pay wall...and it is scummy. No other company does not giving you tracking even when it say you have to pay for it. Doesn't make sense not to give a customer the tracking. Only hurts the company and frustrates the customer. My order is coming from Canada. And postal is constantly losing shit. How am I to even know that it was delivered. Do better sizzle popcorn. Still have no idea where my package is, they say the label was printed but was it actually sent???

Thanks for bringing this forward @Quayleman89, we'll ask about the reasoning behind this as well as some of the other feedback brought up! They're a smaller business, and have been really receptive to feedback we've brought forward thus far. 

I'm not quite sure is this the right place for this discussion, but I was listening to the latest WAN Show and I heard LTT is going to collab with Dream. And to be quite honest, I don't think it's a good idea. There's so much controversy around them (beyond the cheating issue, like how Dream basically said that doxxing is fine and it's not really a problem if their fans doxx a random person on Twitter)

I think you should re-evaluate this collab, and possibly do some research about Dream to form your own opinions about the topic. I also heard that DankPods was in a need of a NAS, I think the collab could be with DankPods instead of Dream.

I have something to say about OVH:

I am in an Operations position at a German software company. Dealing with OVH Canada's Abuse contact is similar to writing E-Mails into a black hole.

What happened: 

Our Intrusion Prevention System alerted us to several failed logins from multiple IPv4 addresses. The IPS blocked them and sent me an alert for each address.

I looked up the abuse contact for those IPv4 addresses. As the abuse contact did not contain a fax number I sent them an email with the IP addresses and timestamps of the IPS actions.

A minute later I received a reply coming from a no-reply-address, where they wrote that they could not determine my issue and gave me a few links regarding domain name disputes.

I have since sent them another e-mail regarding another system in their network doing the same. 

Legal may have a field day on Monday.

A Canadian branch of a French company, which also runs a German branch (OVH) does nothing apparent to stop their customers attacking a server a German company (my employer) rented from an MSP (managed service provider), the MSP is the German branch of a Swiss company.

Or not, if OVH at least bothers to respond with a message that actually makes sense in this context.

Also: Do not think the MSP (not OVH, the Swiss) is actually a turn-key provider. They're pretty hands-off, batteries not included and I wouldn't use them again.

But they a) read E-Mails, b) respond to E-Mails and c) have a fax number posted.

Please excuse my English, I'm a native German speaker.
Please note: I'm not sponsored or in any way affiliated with any mentioned company or product unless declared explicitly.

13 hours ago, Piipperi said:

I'm not quite sure is this the right place for this discussion, but I was listening to the latest WAN Show and I heard LTT is going to collab with Dream. And to be quite honest, I don't think it's a good idea. There's so much controversy around them (beyond the cheating issue, like how Dream basically said that doxxing is fine and it's not really a problem if their fans doxx a random person on Twitter)

I think you should re-evaluate this collab, and possibly do some research about Dream to form your own opinions about the topic. I also heard that DankPods was in a need of a NAS, I think the collab could be with DankPods instead of Dream.

Agreed. Dream had had too much drama over and over again it could easily bite LTT in the ass 

There's a significant amount of people on the subreddit (over 1200 upvotes as of now) that don't want the collaboration with Dream, and after the amount of controversy he's had and the incredibly toxic community cultivated it's probably a really bad idea to associate the LTT brand with him.

On 4/13/2022 at 7:24 PM, themightymanuel said:

Issues with Volta are more than just with the Giga charger. I ordered their regular cables after seeing them on the channels. That was 2 weeks ago, reached out a week ago to be told they are back ordered. No mention of this anywhere on the website. They didn't reach out to let me know I had to ask them about it. They told me a week ago now that they had stock to fulfill my order, still have not received a shipping notification.

i can 100% confirm this

Voltas turned to shit.

On 4/23/2022 at 10:04 AM, Piipperi said:

Are we talking about Dream the minecraft streamer/youtuber?

Do you also have a timestamp of the  part of the Wan-show where they talked about the Collab?

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

Volta posted an Update. They're now going to play favorites. They're shipping orders to their "defenders" first. I am not sure how far down the road they're going to kick my order. I have not been the worst of the commenters, but I am certainly no defender to them.

They also apparently will not be using the UK Fulfillment center now. The fulfillment centers were the prior hold up. Now they're going to ship UK orders from the US by the sounds of it.

I would also like to make it up to those that have been sending us words of encouragement and debunking those trying to bully us by spreading bad news about us. I will make sure your orders are shipped out in the new batch, this is a way to show our gratitude and appreciate your kindness in this very challenging time. 

From: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/giga-the-ultimate-universal-gan-charger/x/548182#/updates/37

And backed up on Archive.org: https://web.archive.org/web/20220425184035/https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/giga-the-ultimate-universal-gan-charger#/updates/all

40 minutes ago, Rikere said:

Volta posted an Update. They're now going to play favorites. They're shipping orders to their "defenders" first. I am not sure how far down the road they're going to kick my order. I have not been the worst of the commenters, but I am certainly no defender to them.

They also apparently will not be using the UK Fulfillment center now. The fulfillment centers were the prior hold up. Now they're going to ship UK orders from the US by the sounds of it.

From: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/giga-the-ultimate-universal-gan-charger/x/548182#/updates/37

And backed up on Archive.org: https://web.archive.org/web/20220425184035/https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/giga-the-ultimate-universal-gan-charger#/updates/all

Changing the Fulfillment center also poses another problem regarding import cost for EU consumers.

As they originally said to use a "Local" warehouse. which does not add extra VAT to it, as it is being sold within the EU. or UK

But now they ship from the USA, EU consumers risk having to pay VAT on top of the price they originally paid, breaking the original promise of a local warehouse {to avoid VAT}.

----------------

If I check the Volta page, I cannot help but hear a voice screaming: Scam.

Their products also look quite similar to those I have seen on Aliexpress/Alibaba.

Their chargers look quite similar to Ugreen, of which LMG does have a sponsorship with.

So it could confuse some users thinking Volta and Ugreen are the same thing.

--------------

As for their 200W charger I did a quick search. and not even the 5th item in the list already showed the exact item/model they where selling.

Their "200W" charger looks to be a Rebranded Gan_tech charger

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/200w-Usb-C-100w-Charger-Usb_1600273083916.html?

Their 33W charger also raises my suspicion even more, as it has the word GaN, written on it. Like why would there be a different "name" on only 1 of the Renders and not their own like on the other the chargers? even image searching on the exact models separately gives many different "brands" all using the same model/type of charger.

Giga.jpg?v=1632950103

Their claim of 200W fast charge is also false. as when you look at the actual spec list for their 200W charger. It has

- 2x 100W Type C ports.

- 1X 30W Type C port

- 1X 30W type A port

----------

Not forgetting, they do not link their "Certification" papers anywhere. even though they claim they have FCC, ROHS, and CE "Certification"

Doing a search on the FCC site shows no results at all for any of the VOLTA products

https://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid

-----------

Personally I would suggest to do a deeper analysis of their company, before going into a partnership/sponsorship.

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

2 hours ago, darknessblade said:

Changing the Fulfillment center also poses another problem regarding import cost for EU consumers.

As they originally said to use a "Local" warehouse. which does not add extra VAT to it, as it is being sold within the EU. or UK

But now they ship from the USA, EU consumers risk having to pay VAT on top of the price they originally paid, breaking the original promise of a local warehouse {to avoid VAT}.

----------------

If I check the Volta page, I cannot help but hear a voice screaming: Scam.

Their products also look quite similar to those I have seen on Aliexpress/Alibaba.

Their chargers look quite similar to Ugreen, of which LMG does have a sponsorship with.

So it could confuse some users thinking Volta and Ugreen are the same thing.

--------------

As for their 200W charger I did a quick search. and not even the 5th item in the list already showed the exact item/model they where selling.

Their "200W" charger looks to be a Rebranded Gan_tech charger

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/200w-Usb-C-100w-Charger-Usb_1600273083916.html?

Their 33W charger also raises my suspicion even more, as it has the word GaN, written on it. Like why would there be a different "name" on only 1 of the Renders and not their own like on the other the chargers? even image searching on the exact models separately gives many different "brands" all using the same model/type of charger.

Giga.jpg?v=1632950103

Their claim of 200W fast charge is also false. as when you look at the actual spec list for their 200W charger. It has

- 2x 100W Type C ports.

- 1X 30W Type C port

- 1X 30W type A port

----------

Not forgetting, they do not link their "Certification" papers anywhere. even though they claim they have FCC, ROHS, and CE "Certification"

Doing a search on the FCC site shows no results at all for any of the VOLTA products

https://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid

-----------

Personally I would suggest to do a deeper analysis of their company, before going into a partnership/sponsorship.

The alibaba one, I think is definitely the same as the ThunderGo, here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/thundergo-most-compact-powerful-200w-gan-charger/x/548182#/. I wouldn't be surprised if Volta was using the same.

I DO hope someone dissects some of these. I'd love to know if they're all the same PCB in different cases. The 33 Watt "giga" was added later in the campaign, so I am pretty sure that one in particular is a rebadge. (Can we get Alex to do some dissection? Poke them with multimeters and test them?)

I'll add another complaint about Volta. My order was scheduled to be delivered in Jan 2022, however month after month they continue to say "coming soon" in all of their status updates. Worse, Their home page continues to say "SHIPPING THIS MONTH - DON'T MISS OUT" despite their supply chain issues. They're purposefully misleading new potential buyers. 

Let me add a suggestion for an alternative GaN charger, potential sponsor in the same space. Satechi has a great 165W GaN chager. I ordered it at the same time as my Volta and it arrived in January. It easily pushes the 165W. My only complaint is a bright LED on the front of the charger, but that is easily blocked with a small piece of electrical tape.

Edited by nexus7556

I hate all advertising during all video i watch as it is just spam to me. So many youtubers now do it and I literally skip them every single time. 

7 hours ago, sm1th5 said:

So many youtubers now do it and I literally skip them every single time. 

I mean a sponsorship is generally a much more reliable source of income than just yt ad revenue and/or merch. To be clear, I don't like it but I can understand why

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

On 4/24/2022 at 1:22 PM, darknessblade said:

Are we talking about Dream the minecraft streamer/youtuber?

Do you also have a timestamp of the  part of the Wan-show where they talked about the Collab?

I am not familiar with him, but it does sound like the same Dream. It is discussed in a brief portion of the April 22 WAN show in the chapter titled "NAS upgrade videos idea, discussing speedrun community." Sounds like they made or are making a pretty high end NAS for him. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH4-HCpUr4s&t=554s.

I ordered from Sizzle Popcorn and according to the tracking information a label was created on April 14th and that's all that has happened. I emailed Sizzle about this and never got a response so I tried contacting Canada Post and they say they don't have it yet so I contacted Sizzle on their online chat and they said that Canada Post has it and just sent me a screenshot of the tracking info and said to talk to Canada Post. I realize the online chat support probably doesn't actually work for Sizzle but I can't get any other response. Is there anything you could do to help? Thanks.

22 hours ago, The Mystery Machine said:

I ordered from Sizzle Popcorn and according to the tracking information a label was created on April 14th and that's all that has happened. I emailed Sizzle about this and never got a response so I tried contacting Canada Post and they say they don't have it yet so I contacted Sizzle on their online chat and they said that Canada Post has it and just sent me a screenshot of the tracking info and said to talk to Canada Post. I realize the online chat support probably doesn't actually work for Sizzle but I can't get any other response. Is there anything you could do to help? Thanks.

Hey @The Mystery Machine absolutely, happy to help. Can you DM me any info you can? Email, order number, and what you ordered would be awesome. 

As well, if anyone else has had issues like the above with Sizzle, please DM me and I will try to get it resolved ASAP!

On 5/3/2022 at 9:33 AM, SeanLMG said:

Hey @The Mystery Machine absolutely, happy to help. Can you DM me any info you can? Email, order number, and what you ordered would be awesome. 

As well, if anyone else has had issues like the above with Sizzle, please DM me and I will try to get it resolved ASAP!

Just a follow up to this, there was an issue on Canada Post's end and they delayed the order in passing it on to USPS, but I'm working with Sizzle to get this fixed on their end as best we can and determine how this can be solved for future orders. Will update as I can!

On 4/16/2022 at 3:27 PM, Colty said:

Ridge Wallet -
Aside from annoyingly in your face ads and being crazy overpriced, just take a look at their TrustPilot and BBB pages.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/cypress/profile/retail-stores/the-ridge-wallet-llc-1126-1000054349
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/ridgewallet.com

I got a titanium wallet back in 2019 (with discount was $95). I have been using it ever since and even used the screw driver and extra screws they included (at least they did at the time). Really hope they didn't go to shit since then.

Earlier this year I bought a BLUETTI EB70 + Solar panel to charge all my gear. Great product and from my experience with customer service, a decent company.

Leatherman tools or Gerber Gear. Good tools and doesn't compete with the LTT screwdriver.

Maybe even Linktree or Linkpop.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see a sponsor deal with lttstore.com!

8700k @5.0GHz | Maximus X Hero | RAM 32GB @3200MHz CL14 | 1080 TI | SSD 250GB + 2x500GB Raid 0 | Monitor 1440p 165Hz ISP

Does UGreen make good products? I bought a cable from them a few years ago but honestly don't know if it's quality or not

10 hours ago, EmilyShabang said:

Does UGreen make good products? I bought a cable from them a few years ago but honestly don't know if it's quality or not

I've never had a problem with cables I have bought from them. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card