Sponsorship Suggestion/Complaint Thread - April 2022

JonoT

Hey everyone! It's the weekly sponsorship suggestion thread.

If you know of any companies that you think we should work with, don't hesitate to suggest it in the thread! These can be companies you may have seen sponsor other creators, digital ads, or just products you are interested in buying/using. It doesn't have to be in the technology space too!

Alternatively, if you have a personal or seen problems with any of the sponsors that we work with feel free to add it below, but keep it objectional (e.g. No fanboyism). 

This thread will be open for the month of April 2022.

Business Team Members: 

@SeanLMG
@GeoffLMG
@BellLMG

@CPotter
@JonoT

Suggestion/question more than anything but Savage Jerky was always an interesting/good one. I know there were some issues with Linus eating the jerky on the WAN show but beyond that they seemed solid, hopefully the relationship/sponsorship gets picked back up at some time as I know they've got new flavors out too which I grabbed to try 😄

The jerky was good and I never had to complain about anything so I'm not 100% sure if there was a reason (not sure how the CS was) they stopped working with LTT or vice versa but hopefully they'll come back at some point.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 hour ago, Lurick said:

Suggestion/question more than anything but Savage Jerky was always an interesting/good one. I know there were some issues with Linus eating the jerky on the WAN show but beyond that they seemed solid, hopefully the relationship/sponsorship gets picked back up at some time as I know they've got new flavors out too which I grabbed to try 😄

The jerky was good and I never had to complain about anything so I'm not 100% sure if there was a reason (not sure how the CS was) they stopped working with LTT or vice versa but hopefully they'll come back at some point.

Hey! 

Yep, we still work with them here and there. There's no bad blood between us and Savage Jerky. 

You should really reconsider working with Volta. I backed their Giga charger after seeing LMG cover it.

It seems like Volta's spent more money on their fulfillment centers than their orders. The Indiegogo Discussion section is people having tracking numbers, for orders that haven't shipped, weeks after the labels were printed. They've sent out ads about their fast fulfillment for their webstore (I never signed up for ads). I can't help but feel like we're getting screwed. The money we spent was for them to build their fulfillment network and they're going to drag their feet about sending orders.

I've been told we'd have our orders by January.. by March.. by April. Volta's page is still marked as 'prototype' phase. Volta themselves say the orders are in production and they're just waiting on shipping, but that story's getting old. Supposedly they had a batch of 200 arrive back in January. I was one of the earlier backers, #245. Not a sign of my order showing up. At every turn, they just have a problem. Indiegogo wouldn't give them the money, they had issues in shipping, I think at one point they reprinted the packaging (I may be remembering wrong).

They lied on the original text of the page (their updates should confirm I think). The original delivery date was supposed to be October or November. Which seemed improbably fast, but hey. Their claim. I think towards the end or after the campaign, they posted that it was a "typo."

It's just not been a good experience.

Glorious PC gaming Race is still a newer company, but they make great stuff.

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

17 hours ago, Rikere said:

You should really reconsider working with Volta. I backed their Giga charger after seeing LMG cover it.

It seems like Volta's spent more money on their fulfillment centers than their orders. The Indiegogo Discussion section is people having tracking numbers, for orders that haven't shipped, weeks after the labels were printed. They've sent out ads about their fast fulfillment for their webstore (I never signed up for ads). I can't help but feel like we're getting screwed. The money we spent was for them to build their fulfillment network and they're going to drag their feet about sending orders.

I've been told we'd have our orders by January.. by March.. by April. Volta's page is still marked as 'prototype' phase. Volta themselves say the orders are in production and they're just waiting on shipping, but that story's getting old. Supposedly they had a batch of 200 arrive back in January. I was one of the earlier backers, #245. Not a sign of my order showing up. At every turn, they just have a problem. Indiegogo wouldn't give them the money, they had issues in shipping, I think at one point they reprinted the packaging (I may be remembering wrong).

They lied on the original text of the page (their updates should confirm I think). The original delivery date was supposed to be October or November. Which seemed improbably fast, but hey. Their claim. I think towards the end or after the campaign, they posted that it was a "typo."

It's just not been a good experience.

Hey @Rikere, we responded in another thread regarding issues with them, but our partnership with Volta has been put on hold until their distribution issues have been resolved. While we understand the manufacturing issues they faced in the process for these chargers, we aren't going to be working with them until everyone who preordered has the GIGA chargers in their hands, and these support issues have been improved. Thanks for bringing it to our attention along with some other audience members. We found out about these issues recently, and put everything on hold as soon as we could. 

3 hours ago, mr fobs said:

Glorious PC gaming Race is still a newer company, but they make great stuff.

We have a great relationship with the Glorious team! Hoping to partner together for some form of collaboration in the future. 

16 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Any current cooperation's or plans to work with Cooler Master?

If so I can share a story about there "warranty"/customer "service".

Last time I had to deal with Coolermaster was for a defective 2nd hand PSU, that had still warranty.

Got a replacement unit of equal wattage, that was a better model, as the model that was broken was EOL/discontinued, all free of charge

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

I have something to say regarding squarespace, they have an amazing platform but its unbelievable that you cannot decide the tax per item, it's all the store or nothing, I sell stuff like food that is not taxable and also other items that need to be taxed it's really frustrating and it's a must requested future for years now. How an e-commerce site doesn't support such a basic feature.

Issues with Volta are more than just with the Giga charger. I ordered their regular cables after seeing them on the channels. That was 2 weeks ago, reached out a week ago to be told they are back ordered. No mention of this anywhere on the website. They didn't reach out to let me know I had to ask them about it. They told me a week ago now that they had stock to fulfill my order, still have not received a shipping notification.

I know that PIA isn't a sponsor currenty/anymore but figured it was worth mentioning this:

1 hour ago, Thibaultmol said:

I know that PIA isn't a sponsor currenty/anymore but figured it was worth mentioning this:

Can you change that text to the normal color (if you are in dark mode, white, if you are in light mode, copy paste without rich text)? I am having a hard time reading it.

13 hours ago, themightymanuel said:

Issues with Volta are more than just with the Giga charger. I ordered their regular cables after seeing them on the channels. That was 2 weeks ago, reached out a week ago to be told they are back ordered. No mention of this anywhere on the website. They didn't reach out to let me know I had to ask them about it. They told me a week ago now that they had stock to fulfill my order, still have not received a shipping notification.

Hey Manuel, thanks for letting us know. We've paused all our integrations with Volta, but we won't be restarting until we hear these service issues have been rectified. Would you be able to let me know if you don't hear anything by next week on the wires being shipped, and I will see if I can escalate or get an answer for you from my side?

On 4/4/2022 at 5:50 PM, Lurick said:

I second this because they have new flavors. I wanna see linus try the honey blaze!

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

13 hours ago, Jtalk4456 said:

I second this because they have new flavors. I wanna see linus try the honey blaze!

I picked that one up, it's VERY good with a nice but not too overpowering kick to it 😄

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 hours ago, Lurick said:

I picked that one up, it's VERY good with a nice but not too overpowering kick to it 😄

Wifey and I just popped a whole strip in without even contemplating the use of the word blaze. We were rather surprised, but it's a great flavor

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Sizzle popcorn... They hide the tracking# behind a pay wall...and it is scummy. No other company does not giving you tracking even when it say you have to pay for it. Doesn't make sense not to give a customer the tracking. Only hurts the company and frustrates the customer. My order is coming from Canada. And postal is constantly losing shit. How am I to even know that it was delivered. Do better sizzle popcorn. Still have no idea where my package is, they say the label was printed but was it actually sent???

7 hours ago, Quayleman89 said:

Sizzle popcorn... They hide the tracking# behind a pay wall...and it is scummy. No other company does not giving you tracking even when it say you have to pay for it. Doesn't make sense not to give a customer the tracking. Only hurts the company and frustrates the customer. My order is coming from Canada. And postal is constantly losing shit. How am I to even know that it was delivered. Do better sizzle popcorn. Still have no idea where my package is, they say the label was printed but was it actually sent???

I am glad that you brought this to our attention. At first I didn't see anything problematic and didn't really have a complaint, but as I continued on I slowly started realizing that this is a mediocre sponsor that probably will piss off lots of fans over time.
1.) Pricing: To my eye it just looks like overpriced regular popcorn. Most people probably have a gourmet popcorn place around them, especially if you live in a city. There would be more variety, higher quality, and it would be way cheaper. I am not quite sure why someone would really want this.
2.) Reviews/Complaints: According to my research, they are mostly positive reviewed, but the recent negative reviews are all about not receiving it, bad customer service, them shipping it to the wrong place, etc. They only replied to one review, which was a very long legitimate sounding novel that made the company look bad, and then ignored the rest of the newer ones they could have helped out on. Most the positive reviews look real enough to me, but some of the people posting sound overly-excited and way too ridiculous for me to not think that some of it is BS. I'm not going to tear them apart for it because I don't have enough evidence or suspicion.
3.) Claims: This is where I tear the company apart for nonsense and not being important enough to be a company. If you can't babble a good reason for existing, even if it's a goal or a dream, the company doesn't need to exist.

"In March 2020 I decided to take the leap and fill a big snack gap in the gaming, streaming and content creation space. That solution is Sizzle Popcorn. The clean, healthier alternative to traditional snack foods. See what all the POP is about" - The Founder, Dev Sevy.

Wrong. If you have to mislead, lie, or spread false information to entice customers then your business is a sham. Popcorn is one of the worst foods you could possibly eat because it's not filling (leads to over eating), it's extremely high on starch (easily leads to diabetes), high amounts of salt, high amounts of carbs, a good chance of doing major damage to your tooth (if you bite on a kernel), and I know for a fact lots of doctors directly recommend not eating it. It also might have lots of sugar, but I can't find the ingredients on the website. It's fine to have a mission statement or something to hype up your product, but it's also fine to actually put effort into it, so that's their problem, not mine.
4.) NFTs: Why does a popcorn company need to be involved in NFT's? I'm too afraid to look into this any more, I don't want my blood pressure to go up any higher. Hold on, let me calm myself down with a healthy snack that contains sugar, salt, carbs, starch, and other things that my doctor will literally yell at me if I eat.

2 hours ago, Colty said:

Ridge Wallet -
Aside from annoyingly in your face ads and being crazy overpriced, just take a look at their TrustPilot and BBB pages.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/cypress/profile/retail-stores/the-ridge-wallet-llc-1126-1000054349
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/ridgewallet.com

Ridge wallet is another bad one so here's my review.

____________________________________________________________________________________

1.) Customer Reviews: 2.2/5 and lots of those bad reviews have some effort and soul put into them. A lot of the 5 star reviews just give me a headache to read because I can tell that they don't know what they are talking about, some of them are off topic, and some fake ones are a little too blatant. C'mon, how hard is it to lie with effort?

____________________________________________________________________________________

2.) Product: The product is a massively overpriced piece of metal that gets discounted/promotional codes often, as no one wants to pay full price. You can get an alternative, either the same or superior, for less money on multiple sites, which also includes Amazon. Everyone I know that purchased one uses it for a short period of time and then quits using it permanently. I purchased a knock off one because I hate the feel of a bulge in my pocket. It's only kinda useful if you don't plan to carry cash or change ever. If you live in a city where crime is common I wouldn't be waving that expensive trash around because it's extremely easy to snatch away from you. I mean, you are going to be stared at by everyone in the store as you struggle one by one to get the cards out, figuratively advertising what you have to everyone around you, as your street cred drains by the second. It's like waving a $100 bill around, except most of those ridge wallets are way more expensive than that.

In my personal opinion, separate from the review, there are only a couple decent looking designs. On top of that, if you see a design you like, you might be paying over $100-200+ for it, which doesn't feel right for such basic differences. Ehhhh, this sponsor isn't serious enough. Encouraging fans to spend $200+ more than they need to for some sponsor money isn't what LTT is about. There are way too many issues for this company to consider themselves good enough to overprice their product.

On 4/13/2022 at 10:42 AM, Thibaultmol said:

PIA is extremely spammy and it does make me a bit salty that they do it so much. I trust PIA as a VPN, as i've used it before and can confirm that it was worth every penny. I don't use it anymore, but they sure as hell spammed me.

1 hour ago, BlackCipher said:

Ridge wallet is another bad one so here's my review.

1.) Customer Reviews: 2.2/5 and lots of those bad reviews have some effort and soul put into them. A lot of the 5 star reviews just give me a headache to read because I can tell that they don't know what they are talking about, some of them are off topic, and some fake ones are a little too blatant. C'mon, how hard is it to lie with effort?

2.) Product: The product is a massively overpriced piece of metal that gets discounted/promotional codes often, as no one wants to pay full price. You can get an alternative, either the same or superior, for less money on multiple sites, which also includes Amazon. Everyone I know that purchased one uses it for a short period of time and then quits using it permanently. I purchased a knock off one because I hate the feel of a bulge in my pocket. It's only kinda useful if you don't plan to carry cash or change ever. If you live in a city where crime is common I wouldn't be waving that expensive trash around because it's extremely easy to snatch away from you. I mean, you are going to be stared at by everyone in the store as you struggle one by one to get the cards out, figuratively advertising what you have to everyone around you, as your street cred drains by the second. It's like waving a $100 bill around, except most of those ridge wallets are way more expensive than that.

In my personal opinion, separate from the review, there are only a couple decent looking designs. On top of that, if you see a design you like, you might be paying over $100-200+ for it, which doesn't feel right for such basic differences. Ehhhh, this sponsor isn't serious enough. Encouraging fans to spend $200+ more than they need to for some sponsor money isn't what LTT is about. There are way too many issues for this company to consider themselves good enough to overprice their product.

That reminds me that from being curious about Ridge wallet's I actually bought a $20 Canadian rip-off of the Ridge Wallet since unlike some of the other minimalist wallets it seemed like one that rip-offs would probably not be too bad and while I went back to my bi-fold just from finding the fiddling through all the cards annoying it's lasted, and I used it continuously for about a year and a half. A content creator who made a video sponsored by Ridge wallet who I have spoken with mentioned that while he liked it when he did the video with them as a sponsor, a few months later the bands broke. Which made him feel a bit like a sucker.

But yeah honestly while I want to maybe try out some other alternatives to bifolds I think the Ridge wallet style design has an inherent weakness in terms of removing the one or two specific cards you need

2 hours ago, Ultraforce said:

That reminds me that from being curious about Ridge wallet's I actually bought a $20 Canadian rip-off of the Ridge Wallet since unlike some of the other minimalist wallets it seemed like one that rip-offs would probably not be too bad and while I went back to my bi-fold just from finding the fiddling through all the cards annoying it's lasted, and I used it continuously for about a year and a half. A content creator who made a video sponsored by Ridge wallet who I have spoken with mentioned that while he liked it when he did the video with them as a sponsor, a few months later the bands broke. Which made him feel a bit like a sucker.

But yeah honestly while I want to maybe try out some other alternatives to bifolds I think the Ridge wallet style design has an inherent weakness in terms of removing the one or two specific cards you need

The knock offs that are cheap = literally the same wallet but with different branding. Sometimes they have more features and work better.

I have this interesting little Shuttle XPC pentium 4 very small computer....i found out that they still are in business...my suggestion is doing something with Shuttle Computer Group