Having a hard time picking a good TV

Hey guys I’m pretty bad at understanding some of the specs of new tv’s and wondering if someone who knows more could help. 
I’m trying to pick between  Samsungs new OLED and Samsungs new Mini LED TV

OLED: https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/oled-tvs/55-class-s95b-oled-4k-smart-tv-2022-qn55s95bafxza/

Micro LED: https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/samsung-neo-qled-4k/55-class-qn90b-samsung-neo-qled-4k-smart-tv-2022-qn55qn90bafxza/

My questions are why is this OLED more expensive even at the same size? I thought Mini LED was more expensive? Maybe I’m wrong.

What do the audio channels mean? 2.2.2 and 4.2.2 does that mean the Mini LED has better sound?

Just looking at the specs alone what is the better TV? and why?

THANKS

TVs are a bottomless nightmare of specs. rtings.com does a really good write up of the tech, I'd recommend poking around there.

39 minutes ago, GeneralMitch said:

What do the audio channels mean?

They are different speaker configs (speakers.subwoofers.overheads), but whether one is "better" than the other highly depends on what speakers they chose. Regardless, if you are spending this kind of money, you should probably get a sound bar.

I would also recommend you look at the LG C2 55" as the LG OLED lineup is a mature platform while Samsung is definitely gonna come with some early adopter tax

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

In regards to why the OLED is so expensive, its becouse its Samsung brand new QDOLED tech, its different from previous OLED Tvs as they all used LGs WRGB panels. This Sansung display uses Samsungs own QDOLED panels, which last reports indicated have low production yields.

So new tech tax + low yields = high price.

But it should be noted, the prices are no where near as bad as most people expected, infact they are very good all things considered, many thousands cheaper than expected.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

• 2 weeks later...

You wont be let down by a budget oled TV from LG. Im very happy with my LG A1. Just popped into this forum and saw your thread 🙂 Not much info, but I also wanna note that if you don't watch a lot of high-end content anyway...Well, a decent 4k TV will also do fine, I honestly think a lot of the shit we watch day to day is filmed/edited poorly, so even on a oled TV it aint that mind blowing, but yes on properly made videos on youtube...Damn I get happy still soon ½ a year later watching test videos on youtube with my TV, but sadly even big budget shows on Netflix aint 4k or HDR...etc etc...le sigh 😞