This Small PC has a BIG Secret (SPONSORED)

SeanLMG

Thanks to Seasonic for sponsoring this build! Buy a Seasonic Prime Platinum PX-1300W: https://geni.us/R0aH6

How do you fit a Ryzen 9 5950X and an RTX 3090 into a tiny Sleeper PC? Well let's just say Bunta has a lot going on down below 😉

I love how during the video you guys respected her pronouns. LOL*  Even while acknowledging she had allot going on down below and you'd overclock the balls off of her. 😈   Though you used the wrong kind of Anime character for that metaphor.  You should've used what they call a 男の娘 Otokonoko (trans/crossdresser who is convincing and is or could be "stealth").  

*I'm trans and I found the implication funny and if anything, wish they had leaned into it more intentionally.  Especially with the Japanese characters on it.  @LinusTech  was it intentional because if it was it made me LOL. 

Anthony's stone-faced internal monologue voiceover is perfection. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

At 13:38 what is the part name of that ASus DIMM.2 Riser Card?

5 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Sony Vaio desktops look surprisingly modern given their age.

If it weren't for the stickers I don't think most people could tell that this was a P4 pc from 2005.

Sony Vaio VGC-RA304 Review | Trusted Reviews

For better or for worse, Sony does put a lot of effort into the aesthetics of their products. Still chasing those delusions of being a "prestige" brand. I mean, the PS5 looks the way it does purely so you can't put it in most entertainment units, they want you to be forced to show it off. You can't convince me otherwise.

I had a Vaio laptop in college, and it was in many regards kind of crappy, but people did tell me it was "the most Apple-looking non-Apple laptop" they had ever seen, which I wasn't quite sure how to take. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

New product idea, LTT resevoir fill bottles that double as water bottle; 2 birds with 1 stone!

13 minutes ago, Middcore said:

For better or for worse, Sony does put a lot of effort into the aesthetics of their products. Still chasing those delusions of being a "prestige" brand. I mean, the PS5 looks the way it does purely so you can't put it in most entertainment units, they want you to be forced to show it off. You can't convince me otherwise.

I had a Vaio laptop in college, and it was in many regards kind of crappy, but people did tell me it was "the most Apple-looking non-Apple laptop" they had ever seen, which I wasn't quite sure how to take. 

Take it as a compliment.  I can't tell you how many student's I've had claim they "could not afford a computer" at the start of the term only to show up with the latest, highest spec mac book pro a month later.  To college kids having an apple computer or maybe an over the top gaming PC is all about status.  Like having $100 Air Jordans in the late 80's or early 90's when some shoes from Kmart would do the job. 

34 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

I love how during the video you guys respected her pronouns. LOL*  Even while acknowledging she had allot going on down below and you'd overclock the balls off of her. 😈   Though you used the wrong kind of Anime character for that metaphor.  You should've used what they call a 男の娘 Otokonoko (trans/crossdresser who is convincing and is or could be "stealth").  

*I'm trans and I found the implication funny and if anything, wish they had leaned into it more intentionally.  Especially with the Japanese characters on it.  @LinusTech  was it intentional because if it was it made me LOL. 

Truthfully it was not intentional. I just use pronouns to describe inanimate objects kind of indiscriminately 😛

2 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Truthfully it was not intentional. I just use pronouns to describe inanimate objects kind of indiscriminately 😛

Too bad.  It would've fit perfectly. 

1 hour ago, Results45 said:

Um, who dat?

Screenshot_2022-03-30-17-05-25-35_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.thumb.jpg.a361c6e6db0a55b5b1fa9228397febd6.jpg

@LinusTech@nicklmg What shirt is Alex wearing in this pic? Saw a black LTT logo on the shirt but can't find it on lttstore.com, any details on when it'll launch and how much it'll cost?
Thanks!

what is the katakana supposed to say?

I know my Japanese isn't that good, but i cannot make any sense of it.

Katakana is used to write foreign words, so you should be able to read the characters and make sense of what it says without any Japanese translations

image.png.12bdda4cb5ae6346f0cddc1ab917fe5e.png

I'm assuming it's meant to be Elite (???) Super(or Store) Com(puter)?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

eurobeat, who had that addiction?

*sleeper PC comes sliding through the window onto the desk*

OMG, wtf?! INERTIA DRIFT?!?!

I have that same case! I kept it so hopefully one day I have the budget to do something like this as my home PC or at least as a HTPC or media server. I just love the design of it with the curve corners on the top, as it is it looks very "2000's modern" For the air intake issue I was thinking just get rid of the front plastic and modify it to put fans there, maybe raise it a little and mod it to have intake or exhaust there too. But with this video now I'm also thinking about the paint job, very cool design.

Jeez, who the heck had the Initial D obsession? I’d have loved to have heard the meeting where the idea was pitched. 😛

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

4 hours ago, Arika S said:

Katakana is used to write foreign words, so you should be able to read the characters and make sense of what it says without any Japanese translations

Think the Painter Guy (sorry Painter Guy, I suck with names) said it is meant to say LTTStore.com. 

My eyes see the past…

5 hours ago, Arika S said:

"ティ" is read as "ti" and in "スト" you would drop the "u".

So it says erutii tii stoa.comu

Edit: And in case you don't know, ー is used for double vocals.

The moment Alex removed the 5.25" cage and the optical drive fell out was perfect, I'm glad that was caught on camera.

The paint job looked great.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Now THIS is something i want to build one day.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

20 hours ago, SeanLMG said:

Thanks to Seasonic for sponsoring this build! Buy a Seasonic Prime Platinum PX-1300W: https://geni.us/R0aH6

How do you fit a Ryzen 9 5950X and an RTX 3090 into a tiny Sleeper PC? Well let's just say Bunta has a lot going on down below 😉

~SNIP~

1:43 ...

Did ... did you call it ..."true ano" ?!

My god man ., ur a disgrace! call it the Hachiroku  ..or AE86! ..or even just 86 for short.

I call fake initial D fan ! 😛

23:35

"Intial D ..whats an Initial D ?" ... Linus ! ..the Fk ?! 😛

Also .. you should have somehow modded in a tribute to the Pop-up headlights of the 86, apart from the Panda paint scheme they are arguably one of the most iconic parts of it. ..well that and the truly godly sounding (with ITBs) 4AGE engine**...Ofc the Levin body shape didnt have the pop-up headlights but still.

You could also have added a single carbon fiber look panel to replicate the carbon hood the AE86 gets later on in the show.

If u havnt gathered yet. .yes i know a lot about it 😛 Loved the series and i spent 2 years trying to get my hands on a AE86 from Japan ..alas i never could get one 😞 and they are so expensive nowadays. One of my greatest regrets is not trying to get one sooner in life >.<  Still to this day would absolutely love to own a Panda paint scheme original mostly unmodded 1986 AE86 Trueno Corolla.

Still ..in the end ..it was great to see Initial D and the Ae86 get some love form LTT ..next thing u should do is..buy an actual Japanese (not US version) 1986 Panda paint AE86 Trueno Corolla ...........then send it to me 😛

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 hour ago, SolarNova said:

23:35

"Intial D ..whats an Initial D ?" ... Linus ! ..the Fk ?! 😛

Hide contents

I’d pay to see (well, I kind of am a Floatplane subscriber) a reaction video of Linus watching some of that anime. I’d imagine his reaction would go along the lines of “… The hell, people actually like this cheesy crap!?”

Only to find out that he’s still watching the series a month later. 

My eyes see the past…

3 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I’d pay to see (well, I kind of am a Floatplane subscriber) a reaction video of Linus watching some of that anime. I’d imagine his reaction would go along the lines of “… The hell, people actually like this cheesy crap!?”

Only to find out that he’s still watching the series a month later. 

the series is kind of outdated, but for me, still able to enjoy it. Do wish it had more going for it at certain times. Certain things they did really well in the series (old one) with sometimes a feeling of speed, the sounds and action. It tries to be a bit semi-realistic as well, which is nice too with a mix of the youth in I guess the 80-90s era. When japan was big on street racing and ricer cars and progress in the motor world? 😛

On 3/30/2022 at 11:05 AM, frankgman said:

At 13:38 what is the part name of that ASus DIMM.2 Riser Card?

I checked with our procurement team, and it came included with the motherboard. We don't have the specific part number on hand, but here's the link to the mobo on Asus' website! Maybe someone's selling it separately on eBay?

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-extreme-model/