Thoughts on Xsplit?

JonoT

Hey guys!

We were presented with an interesting opportunity to work with XSplit, which we have worked with in the past but we wanted to through it to you guys to see what your thoughts are and if you guys would use or have used it!

Website Link: https://www.xsplit.com/

A few notable Pros:

- Fairly simple to use software (from personal experience)

- Free versions 

- Premium version license can either be purchased as lifetime or a monthly subscription

- Has started to become more B2B focused

Cons:

- many different alternatives that are either the same price or cheaper

- can't connect smartphone to your PC to use as a webcam with a cable, has to be wireless (personal gripe)

- lack of customization compared to other free offerings (e.g. OBS)

Brief Company Background (from the about us):

XSplit was founded in 2009 with the vision of making visual communication simple. We set out to build an easy-to-use tool that would help people to create TV-like broadcasts for the internet from their laptops or desktops. This would eventually become XSplit Broadcaster, a live streaming and recording application that is now being used by millions of people around the world to create video content for platforms such as YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, and more. In fact, it was one of the catalysts that helped create the multi-billion dollar video game live streaming industry.

By 2016, XSplit had expanded its suite of products to include Gamecaster, a more streamlined app for gaming content creators (which has since been spun off to form its own company) and it expanded its product portfolio with the acquisitions of Player.me, Strexm, and Challonge (since sold to Logitech). These newly acquired technologies and their creators would help bolster XSplit’s continual growth as it expanded into machine learning capabilities and mobile applications with the launch of XSplit VCam and XSplit Connect: Webcam.

Used XSplit years ago, their app was one of the better ones around the time where there weren't many and the better ones were harder for someone young like me (used while I was in middle school) to use. Haven't had recent experiences, but seems like a fun sponsor.

Having used OBS I personally can't use anything else. Anything Xsplit may offer is likely to be available as a plugin in OBS 100% free since its all open source and community driven. Xsplit would need a truly compelling reason or offering that OBS does not or a plugin readily available for it can't to justify the cost. 99% of streamers/Content creators likely will never use Xsplit just because its a paid software when OBS is 100% free. If you want a great deep dive, I would recommend reaching out to EposVox since hes a Floatplane creator as well as this is his lane and can likely give some great feedback on things Xsplit could offer as well. (I know thats not what this thread/forum section is for, but hes likely one of the best resources on it)

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I tried it in 2016,it had a watermark and was significantly slower than Radeon Relive.

So i used Radeon Relive and ever since i upgraded to team green i have been using ShadowPlay to this day.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Xsplit is doing what teamviewer did regarding lifetime subscriptions, see

6 hours ago, Nathat23 said:

Xsplit is doing what teamviewer did regarding lifetime subscriptions, see

Hey @Nathat23 thanks for letting us know about this, that's absolutely not cool in our books. We're forwarding this to our contacts and investigating to see if this was an accidental oversight or a larger issue. 

Hey everyone, we reached out to XSplit in regards to this. They had gotten back to Dave a couple days later 

Xsplit's team gave him a free Lifetime Premium for the mishap, and let us know they resolved it back on the first week of April. It looks like Dave had paid for a years' subscription and it had lapsed a while back. The watermark wasn't noticed when it expired before because XSplit didn't show the watermark in the mixer and it only displayed at 1080p. Happy to report the XSplit team worked quickly to address this and get it resolved. We'll be locking this thread as we're moving forward with a partnership with XSplit. Thanks for your feedback, everyone!