VERY Low System Audio After Realtek Driver Update - Any Way(s) To Fix This?

Thought I would simply link to the post about this problem here since no one has yet replied to my post on the MSI forum. 🤷‍♂️ https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?threads/unusually-low-audio-after-updating-realtek-audio-driver.373923/ Now, I know I chose the category of "Operating Systems", but I guess in a way it makes sense since I use Windows 11 & am not really a Mac or Linux user etc. But as far as I can tell, I don't think this is a Windows-related issue, although I have been wrong before.

Anyway, if you need more details or wish to ask me anything, please do so & I'll get back with you! 👍 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! 🙂 

Right-click speaker icon in system tray (next to system date/time).

Select Volume Mixer and see if anything is set too low.

Sometimes updates change your system settings to default or minimum.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

58 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Right-click speaker icon in system tray (next to system date/time).

Select Volume Mixer and see if anything is set too low.

Sometimes updates change your system settings to default or minimum.

Nothing is set to low & bear in mind also that I have the enhancements turned off.

Enhancements may be part of the problem. But also check by right-clicking the system tray icon that Windows is defaulting to the correct playback device. Mine has switched to something else more than once. Also, what is the audio path from the machine to speakers or headphones?

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

19 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Enhancements may be part of the problem. But also check by right-clicking the system tray icon that Windows is defaulting to the correct playback device. Mine has switched to something else more than once. Also, what is the audio path from the machine to speakers or headphones?

Right now, it's just to my headset. After checking in Control Pane under the Sound section, it's saying that my headset which is plugged in is the default playback device. Also, quick side note here, the headset has to be plugged into the IO of the motherboard since there is nothing wrong with the front IO on my case; it just doesn't want to work after I do a Realtek Audio Driver update. Have never figured out why though... 🤔 Also, I did clearly state earlier that I turn the enhancements off anyway. But if they DO help, I might re-consider...

Edited by Kjennings92

Dumb question, but does your headset have adjustable volume? I have a listening only type Bluetooth headset that you swipe up or down on one side and it took me a while to figure that one out.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

8 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Dumb question, but does your headset have adjustable volume? I have a listening only type Bluetooth headset that you swipe up or down on one side and it took me a while to figure that one out.

Mine DOES have a separate cord/attachment that enables both the surround sound & it has the volume wheel adjuster on it. But it is detachable. As of right now, I'm using the 3.5mm cable & the splitter that it comes with. Sort of forgot to mention that a minute ago.

• 3 weeks later...

make sure all your settings in realtek audio manager are like they were before. it tends to fuck up for literally no reason sometimes.